Out of curiousity...

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by MortarionX, Nov 24, 2012.

1. DankFist

Or they can just let Engineers revive MAX units instead of the Medic. I mean, that would make much more sense then Medics only being able to revive them, and Engineers only being able to repair AFTER the revive.
  2. iEatGlue

How would that make sense? The MAX suit is just that, a suit. There is still a soldier inside of it that needs a revive. The only thing that doesn't make sense is why the MAX unit does not have a health bar.
  3. Caspartine

Well it's not like he's just chillin' with his face in the dust:D And you can't quite miss a MAX corpse, he's not exactly squishy.
  4. iEatGlue

People see them. That's not the problem. The problem is we are trained, in a sense, to rez the people with the corpse icon. If you see an infantry without a corpse icon and one with a corpse icon, who are you going to rez? My money is you don't even acknowledge the one without the icon. I see people sprint across a courtyard to rez someone, because of that icon.

I'm sure I missed quite a few MAX before I realized they don't show the corpse icon. It's a different mindset is all.
  5. k9Dobr

Sorry but you really have to be blind if you can´t see the pile of metal laying on the ground, I mean the corpse is huge
  6. Daejin

A true XP **** is, and forever will be the Engineer... At the Crown. resupply for 10+BONUS xp every second. Sometimes as fast as 2 per second.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nuubo

And when that "huge" corpse is behind a wall or a rock.... I am sure you "non-blind" people can "sense" it is there and ress him properly, right? :)
    • Up x 1
  8. 0ReferenceException

Reviving MAX is probably the best thing you can do as a medic in a large battle because reviving the MAX doesn't cost any resources (whereas respawning the MAX does).

A tutorial would solve so many of these problems... and yes, a corpse-icon above dead MAX.
    • Up x 2
  9. Grotpar

You could argue that the MAX suit has inbuilt systems to keep the soldier inside it alive if they do get mortally wounded.

This could mean that if the suit gets brought back online, the suit will revive the soldier inside it, without needing a revive from a medic.
  10. IshanDeston

Which is of course why we cert our healguns.
  11. iEatGlue

Sorry but it sounds like you don't understand the issue.
  12. XCrosser

As someone who is always playing the medic class I try to make reviving MAXes a priority (assuming I can get to them and not get myself killed). The issue I have is they usually respawn as soon as they can because I think most of the people using the MAX suit don't realize they're able to be revived. Also it's not that hard to figure out that the MAX is dead, icon or not as said before it's a huge heap of metal lying on the floor and if your medics are good enough they realize a friendly has fallen. It's not always easy to revive though especially in some of the tense firefights. I just ask everyone to wait a few extra seconds instead of instantly respawning to the closest spawn which could be 300-400m away and have to run 20 seconds instead of fighting again in 5.
  13. Fyrdoc

Well I did not know that, now that I do I can keep them going longer!! Like they say KNOWING is HALF THE BATTLE....LOL!!
  14. IshanDeston

That is their own problem. Sorry to say, but when i am rolling my dual burster Max and happen to die, i am usually waiting a bit just to see if i get a revive. The only time i revive right away is if i know i won't be needed or know the cooldown is over.

MAX units not waiting for a rezz, is their own fault.
  15. Dornez

Correction....you need 0 certs in healing. A day 1 medic can revive a max. The description says otherwise but a stock medic can revive a max
  16. Vortok

Coulda sworn I've seen the corpse icon over a MAX almost every time one was down. Maybe I've been imagining it.

Either way, it seems that after someone is dead for a certain amount of time they can't be revived anymore (60 seconds or so? Not sure). I've tried switching from Engi to Medic to rezz an outfit MAX I was supporting and wasn't able to as I hadn't noticed he was dead right away due to healing/repairing one of the other MAXs. Same for normal infantry if they've been dead too long.... or maybe it's just part of the buggy rez mechanics and he got unlucky.
  17. alecholman

I also have this problem, more or less with regular infantry. I'm always check max bodies but they've usually respawned and sometimes the bodies will still lay around for a while. Especially with infantry that have skulls over their head, I'll go to rezz and the bar doesn't show up, so I assume they're already gone.

Not sure if this is a bug of bodies still laying around for a while after redeployment or a bug of the indicator of healing not showing up. Or maybe that's how they want it, if it's the first.
  18. Bill Hicks

yeah, i was shocked to find that i could rez a max
    I remember reviving a max in hallway and him getting up and owning a whole squad of Vanu