Oshur: new continent mode

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Aug 31, 2018.

1. elkikko92

What I suggest is a mode (Titan mode) of my favourite game: Battlefield 2142.
    Please watch the video to underestand better:

[IMG][IMG]
    Each faction has a "floating warpgate base" protected by a shield.
    To win you have to destroy the others warpgate bases; to do this you have to control silos. When you control a base, the silo launch 2 missiles: one for each enemy warpgate.
    The missles will destroy the shield; after destroyed the missles destroy the life of warpgate.
    When the shield is destroyed you can board on enemy floating warpgate and destroy it directly.

So, to win you can destroy directly inside the enemy warpgate or wait that missiles destroy life

I hope you understand my bad english.
    In short, is titan mode of battlefield 2142 on planetside 2
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

If you looked at the livestream this is almost exactly what they are already going to do. With "skylance batteries" which they seemed to compare for a moment to ground-based OS weapons that attempt to shoot down hostile Bastion Carriors.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sazukata

Personally, this reminds me of Skirmish mode in Dust 514. Basically, you captured cannons that periodically damaged the enemy team's big ship. I loved those close matches where both teams' ships were on one or two ticks of HP and everyone was desperately trying to complete a hack on one of the cannons while protecting their own at all costs.

Aw man, now I'm getting nostalgic for that amazing mess of a game.
  4. The Shady Engineer

Calling it now, if they let us board enemy Titans err Bastion Fleet Carriers, I'm spending 100 bucks on DBC. :D
  5. elkikko92

Who explain me this better?

[IMG]
  6. Blam320

The black dots are all Bastion Fleet Carriers; they are a sort of "mothership" and will act as your faction's universal spawns on the continent instead of Warpgates, since Oshur will not have the latter. So you already have the floating spawn points.

The green dots are bases like any other; you capture and defend them from enemy attack.

The red dots are Skylance batteries. The way you lock the continent is unique to Oshur; instead of triggering an alert that requires a faction capture and hold the most territory, you capture Skylance facilities, and they will bombard enemy Bastion Fleet Carriers, damaging them until they are destroyed. When all enemy BFCs have been destroyed, your faction will lock the continent.

Meaning Oshur will already have the "titan" gamemode you mentioned, minus the actual boarding aspect.
    • Up x 1
  7. elkikko92

Can you board on enemies mother ship and destroy it directly?
  8. TRspy007

What i was thinking is a compromise of both, emp ground based missiles knock out the shields of the carriers and then the carriers can be boarded and the engines sabotaged like generators or hives to blow up the ship or take it over.
  9. Blam320

I said you would not be able to. That's what the "minus" means when you use it in that context.
  10. Xuare

My guess is if Oshur is already ready, the idea would need to wait (Cyssor?). I do like the idea of having different capture modes for different continents (EX: Indar: Capture and hold to win % of major facilities, Hossin: LLU run to capture and win % of major facilities. Oshur, win the Bastion Carrier Battle. Amerish: Construct bases and build generators. Esamir: War of attrition (no/limited respawns) to capture a final base inside the warpgate)

Or something like that
    • Up x 1
  11. elkikko92

This is a great idea! Maybe the capture mode can rotate forma each continente!

I suggest hex system with influence, for captire major facilities system
  12. elkikko92

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-modes.250299/
    here your suggestion post
  13. elkikko92

Are you excited about the new continent system on Oshur? :)
  14. Trigga

No
    Sounds at the moment like theyre actualy trying to destroy what makes planetside...planetside.
    Id much rather have gotten LLUs, a global lattice, working warpgates, sanctuaries, continents with 4 warpgates instead of 3, caverns, base enhancement modules, base defense upgrade possibilities(construction), seige mechanics....anything that makes it more planetside.

But hey, lets not make this game like the original, lets keep making it more and more like the battlefield series.

I mean, just look at that horrible map, looks aweful for anyone not comfortable with air. That will of course mean it just becomes hossin 2.0 and the playerbase will be split between 'i like it' and 'i dont like it', with the 'i dont like it' crew ignoring it or logging off completely when its the only cont.
    Not to mention new players, guaranteeing they just become fodder to the air gods unless they change this 'air continent' concept.

#disclaimer: Opinion written on behalf of a friend, i hope he is wrong.