Oshur is a buggy, laggy mess and it's choking the game out

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LustyRoars, Mar 20, 2023.

1. LustyRoars

An increasingly common experience I'm having with Planetside is that I log in, and Oshur is the only map open. I'll log out, I'll return a couple of hours later, and Oshur will still be the only map open. Why? Because the alert isn't being triggered, because too few players want to jump on it. Perhaps this is because they don't like the layout or the gameplay, or perhaps they're having the same problem I have with it - it's a buggy, laggy, unplayable, boring mess.

Does there come a point at which the number of people logging out at the sight of Oshur leads the devs to think that maybe it needs retooling, or that maybe Oshur should not be the only map open? Am I crazy?
  2. Kentucky Windage

I was actually surprised yesterday afternoon on Connery that we had an awesome battle going on at Mirror Landing. I was playing NC as mainly Infil. Yes, I was the one spamming the tracking darts:) It went back and forth for several hours with the NC almost fighting off the VS. The TR was there as well. The VS prevailed in the end and GG to them. Met all kinds of players I haven't seen playing in months. It was good to talk about old times and the game itself and how it's matured and evolved. Didn't notice much lag. I think I was at 70 ping. Running right at about 120 fps the entire time. Had a wonderful time Wrel. Dev team keep up the good work.