oshur eta ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VeryCoolMiller, Jul 17, 2019.

1. VeryCoolMiller

when is oshur supposed to be released ?
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. TR5L4Y3R

when it is ready ....
    • Up x 1
  4. Savadrin

Soon™
    • Up x 2
  5. TRspy007

If only...I really hope they try to release a finished project this time, with proper testing and all. I fear they're gonna launch something half-baked, and just the thought of having another Hossin disaster is kinda scary.

I hope there's no "temporary" construction bases and that we actually get a proper continent at launch that's not gonna remain years in an unfinished state *cough* Hossin.

Just thinking of all the bugs this is gonna bring, it'd be nice if the continent itself was polished so we have something to appreciate through hell week as they deal with the overload of bugs the patch is gonna bring.

so yeah...please release it when it's ready
  6. OneShadowWarrior

Signed!

They do need new maps and don’t have to look to far for new ones, the first Planetside had plenty with caverns included.
    • Up x 1
  7. TR5L4Y3R

most boring thing a game could have, shooting through slim long networks of corridors ...

.... pretty sure if they add more maps then the cries of having more open at the same time will be louder with a higher chance of the playerbase being spread thinder across continents ...
    even if the amount of open maps stays the same, more maps means that some maps will be played less per day or at worst not at all, or the time maps are played on is significantly shortened ...
    how long on avarage should a map be played on? 2 hours? 3 hours? longer?

this game by how it is designed can not have many maps .. rather maybe 2 to 4 more max ..
    the effort of creating a continent is a SEVERE time and resource investment ..
    a map that is not played on ad least once (better twice) a day in my eyes is a wasted map ..

having a number of new maps is not a way to get in and hold new players ...
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

Idk if those maps open up new terrain for us to get new vehicles, I'm all in. Plus it'll hopefully be an opportunity for the devs to rework continent rotation.
  9. OneShadowWarrior

I agree with more maps, new terrain, new vehicles, I like it.
  10. OgreMarkX

Oshur will not be released.
    • Up x 1
  11. Demigan

A proper ETA:

• Change spawnrooms and the ways to get out of them. This to reduce spawncamping and allows the defenders a more fair chance to retake the base before the timer runs out.
    • Increase objectives to be completed at any base fight. This reduces the feeling that only a base capture is a success for the player.
    • Create more capture mechanics that are randomly selected and given to bases after each continent capture. Creates more variation and tactics even at the same bases.
    • revamp the construction system so it is faster to build and use, with features such as being able to swap out tank loadouts at these area's to give them more functionality. Makes it more rewarding for time put in and less risk that if it's destroyed or the fight moves on you'll lose a lot of investment.
    • Add new lattice options that are randomly chosen each time the continent is captured. Changes the way players fight through a continent.
    • Create alternative warpgates nearer the middle of the map and put the borders of each faction to coincide with two warpgates. This centers fights around bases we see less often increasing the variety.
    • Rebalance infantry, vehicles and aircraft. This balance sucks balls and you know it.
    • Now that the bare minimum of changes before they can even think of wasting time on Oshur. Without these changes Oshur will suffer the same problems and will not do anything but peak interest for a few moments before it divides the playersbase over another continent they might want to play or avoid.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

Same for PS:A.
  13. Skraggz

No time to work on oshur when you have to make a social hub to takeaway from the play base that's actually playing the game.
  14. TRspy007

I love this game but I hate it....why devs, WHYYYYYYYYYY?????????
    • Up x 1
  15. Savadrin

I'm of the opinion that Sanctuary will end up being a bridge between PS2 and PS:A, and will maybe even have a common VR environment. I'm really glad to hear that they're working the tutorials again and that new players will have access to them there.

You guys are all more experienced players and all you're doing is ******** about the game while also ******** about the NPE and why nobody stays. Having a social hub with training and ALL of the idle players to voice opinions might just do wonders to help nublets out and help keep them around.

I just hope they implement duels in Sanc so we can have fun when we are really bored and/or really drunk
    • Up x 1