[Suggestion] Oshur alerts needs to start with Territory Control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Nov 24, 2022.

1. AntDX316

They should have Territory Control to start alerts on Oshur and leave Oshur as the only continent. Not the Interlink and Trident to start alerts there : (
    • Up x 1
  2. Mocheezy

They should just delete Oshur completely, including any back-up copies they have. Even if they do remove it they will fall into the sunk cost fallacy and try to fix it. It is designed so poorly that I don't think it can be fixed. Better to just learn from your mistakes and start from scratch.

I would feel bad about complaining about it so much on the forums, except I logged onto planetside and my only option to play is to play on Oshur, and anything is more fun than that. Including sending complaints into the void.
    • Up x 1
  3. AntDX316

Oshur was not a mistake. Unfortunately of course.. Planetside Arena was a mistake and none of the players knew about it until it was made. Oshur just needs more work to be more epic than all the other maps. There is another post that showed awesome Oshur potential game art and ideas. If Oshur turns out to be like that it would be magical.

The idea is to make no more mistakes, BFRs/Battle Walkers are not a mistake if they come back properly imo. It's all an opinion of course. I like Oshur but I think the one before they've added tons of new bases that make it difficult to understand where to be.

Koltyr imo should be brought back into map rotation. That map is awesome too during super low pop.

The problem with Oshur currently is the underwater areas are too big and vehicles take forever to get anywhere over water. It has to be well developed which it can be done of course, look at maps like Hossin. Most of Oshur is very barren and flat underwater. Filling it up to like 90+ bases with the game art concepts would make it the best map to play on. I think bases at night underwater should have lights turn on or be on nearly all the time at least.

It also seemed to have gotten dark underwater and cloudy. It was better before when it was more clear?

Edit here: post #6: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...chtower-to-an-open-base-with-3-points.260079/

I really miss the first version of Oshur. The bridges were where the battles were usually at and the open areas where vehicles massed each other. Now it's mostly Northwest Oshur gets wrecked and everything else is whatever. Most of the time the Seapost battles are no more than 1 full squad vs 1 full squad. On any other base on the other maps it can be 96+vs96+ but on Seapost, it will never be 96+vs96+ or at least from what I've seen.

Whoever complained about adding more bases to Oshur ruined it imo but Oshur has potential.