Orion VS54 /SVA-88 /Betelgeuse 54-A

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DawnofWar11, Jun 6, 2015.

1. DawnofWar11

I know a thread about this exists. But I have to ask. How did you come up with the idea (dev team) to nerf .75 ADS?

VS = Maneuverability, Accuracy, Flexibility. So, with this change ( expecting going live), you will change the role of VS LMGs, they're are designed to be accurate and flexible. This seems to be a too big nerf, (overnerf), and we aren't getting any buff for this huge nerf. Orion VS54 will be on par with MSW-R after this change, heck, MSW-R is superior over Orion, if you exclude .75 ADS.

SVA-88 = okay, compared to others (without .75 ADS). SVA-88 with .75 ADS = pretty cool.

What if we don't want to stick with less RPM weapon (Ursa, Flare, Polaris, NS-15M is an exception, it's too awesome)?

We will get outclassed by MSW-R, even the T9-CARV could be better than Orion VS54 etc., LA1 Anchor (according to patch notes, it get's a buff again), Gauß Saw and the mighty GODSAW. I exclude the T9A Butcher, because it seems that Butcher needs love.

So, I'm really mad, 'cause VS is expecting a nerf again, without any compensation, NC has the Cyclone, a 652 SMG/short range carbine with 167 damage (most do with this RPM 143), TR has MP-46 Armistice, 896 RPM, so fast TTK, and VS has nothing outstanding.This SMG example refers to the fact, that the devs (in my opinion) prefer the NC and TR over VS.

I would be okay with .75 ADS nerf, if we get a buff, e.g. GD-22S has around 2.3s short reload, which is ridicoulous, compared to 3.28s of the Orion. I want a buff, and VS faster LMG deserve a buff with .75 ADS nerf...
    • Up x 3
  2. AlterEgo

The whole thing sucks. To be honest, I do not use the Orion anymore, and the SVA I'm am near Auraximing. But I hate how ONCE AGAIN, OUR FACTION is nerfed. When was the last nerf-related update that mainly targeted VS equipment? A few months ago. Now, they'll aim for the Lancer, I'm sure. All I want is for VS weaponry to be MORE UNIQUE. I want PLASMA EXPLOSIONS, or guns that use your shields for ammunition. I want HITSCAN lasers that deal nothing at range. But what do we get? Frozen fish that only gets worse.
  3. Plastikfrosch

dont have a problem in loosing 0,75ads but then (you are right there) the orion needs a reload-speed as fast as the msw-r or even faster because the orion does not have access to SPA and advanced lasersight.
    Also the fact that they want to make the cooldown of the betelgeuse 20% slower is the real problem. The thing with the directives heatweapons is, that you are not alowed to overheat them or the cooldown will be alot longer than the long reload of the basicweapon the directives weapon is based on. so the moment the betelgeuse will overheat it takes 6seconds before you are able to use it again and if there are, lets say, 2-3 enemys you will be able to overheat a 750rpm weapon with 50rounds very fast and 6seconds are the reload time of the carv a 100rund per mag weapon. making the cooldown slower will cause a lot more overheating with this weapon wich is really nothing you want with such a long reload (and at this point i just want to say: i dont understand why vs weapons have a long reload. we are switching batteries and there is no need to chamber a bullet).

Verdict: take away the 0,75ads but keep the cooldown like it is now.
  4. Nhilys

Because that's only what people told themselves to justify 0.75 ads, in reality only the magrider follow those points. Outside of accuracy, no other thing in the VS arsenal is particularly more maneuverable or flexible. TR and NC have been doing just fine with technically inferior lmgs in the past year, people are just being overly dramatic because they don't like it when something they always use gets nerfed.
    • Up x 8
  5. DawnofWar11

I read the replies, and I think my point is valid. But I feel ignored by the devs. Are you feeling the same?
  6. Anonynonymous

Again, why are you so sure that there won't be more buffs coming along with this change? Even DEV themselves have stated that the changes listed aren't anywhere near final.
  7. DawnofWar11

Well, they announced (on PTS), that horizontal recoil gets slighty reduced, (from 0.225 to 0.22, I think), and that is nothing!
  8. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS is NOT a Faction trait VS.
    • Up x 4
  9. Kirppu1

Because the Betelgeuse has no drawback you vani tter
    • Up x 1
  10. Scorpion97

If the .75 ads is not a VS trait,then how how the hell is VS a mobility faction???
  11. Scorpion97

also,define mobility in infantry weapons plz?
  12. Sorato

[IMG]

Magrider was too maneuverable and got nerfed into the ground.
    VS ZOE MAX was too maneuverable and got nerfed into the ground.
    VS Heavy having access to 3(+1) .75 LMGs is/was on average more/too maneuverable and will get nerfed into the ground next patch.
    • Up x 1
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

The Anchor and MSW-R are not "inferior" LMG's they're different but just as effective. If you found them inferior that's because of user skill only.
    • Up x 1
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

It is for our LMG's.

Tell you what, we'll have our 0.75 ADS removed when NC gives up it's 200 damage LMG's, 600 ROF 167 LMG's and gives up it's 100 round 750 ROF LMG.

Fair?
  15. Scr1nRusher

"our LMG's".

If that was the case the NS-15M wouldn't have 0.75 ADS on it.

Now please stop acting like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum.
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

NS weapons also have more damage per magazine which is a TR trait.

Again you know nothing about weapon balance.

Also, nice personal attack since that just proves you have no argument.
  17. Scr1nRusher

Not personally attacking you, so stop with the victim complex its not going to work.

Your rage threads already got locked & removed.
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yes, they were closed because people like you were personally attacking me in it or spamming nonsense.
  19. Scr1nRusher

"victim complex".
  20. gigastar

Yeah... if youve been around as long as i have then you realise that "not final" changes can take months or even over a year to complete.