Orion Changes!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by CriticaLHiT28, May 29, 2015.

1. CriticaLHiT28

2. SgtBurgerkingst

Because Vanus simply is too strong, it is not By checking?
  3. Keldred

they are taking away the .75 ads but improving recoil across the board. So in essence they are moving VS back towards their original faction role, Accuracy. While i do dislike the 20% heat bleed off i will have to try it out before making any judgment calls as the reduced recoil may make up for this.

Orion
    • ADS modifier changed from 0.75 to 0.5
    • Horizontal Recoil to from 0.2/0.225 to 0.22/0.22
    • Horizontal Tolerance from 0.9 to 0.88
    • Standing hipfire from 2.75 to 2.5
    • Moving hipfire from 3.5 to 3.25
    • Projectile Velocity from 570 to 540
    Betelgeuse
    • ADS modifier changed from 0.75 to 0.5
    • Horizontal Recoil to from 0.2/0.225 to 0.22/0.22
    • Horizontal Tolerance from 0.9 to 0.88
    • Standing hipfire from 2.75 to 2.5
    • Moving hipfire from 3.5 to 3.25
    • Projectile Velocity from 570 to 540
    • Decreased Heat bleedoff speed by 20%
    As a side note i am looking forward to the Polaris buffs. i love that gun and will definitely have to give it some more play once its buffed.
    VX29 Polaris
    • Maximum damage range from 10m to 20m
    • Recoil angle from 17/20 to 17/17
    • Will now be able to attach Flash Suppressor (WIP)
    • Up x 1
  4. CMDante

They're nerfing the most controversial weapon of the most controversial class?
    OH THE HUGEMANATEE!!

But for serious, .75ADS on an LMG was a stupid idea from the beginning. Especially on a gun that's already similar to a very, very dangerous weapon(the CARV)
    • Up x 1
  5. Keldred

Carv has the extra 50 rounds, but with recoil changes Orion will be more of a headhunter im interested in seeing how it will play out.
  6. CMDante

It'll be a fine gun, plenty of rounds, good damage and rate of fire, and now more accurate. Still going to look like a frozen carp, though.
    • Up x 1
  7. Keldred

I dont know about the good amount of rounds as it only has 50 but after rolling a TR toon and using the Carv ive found that .75 ads means jack squat. Im looking forward to the improved recoil on my Betelgeuse but i wish the Carv got some love...
  8. _itg

Probably worth noting that the MSW-R is essentially a direct upgrade to the Orion now. It has SPA and a better moving CoF (0.35 vs. 0.4).
  9. Keldred

Ill have to give it a try. Looks like when the update hits the Orion will have a moving COF of 3.25.
  10. _itg

Yeah, the Orion's hipfire CoF is a bit better. I left that off because it probably isn't anything HAs will value. Also, MSW-R with ALS has essentially same hipfire as Orion with a standard laser sight.
  11. Keldred

Vanu weapons normally have a pretty tight hip COF which makes it great for when you get ambushed. i use hip fire all the time in CQC. Works great when a Infiltrator or LA jumps you, dosent work to well in HA vs HA as whoever gets more head shots wins.
  12. pnkdth

The interesting part with the changes is that maximum damage of the Polaris has been extended to 20m. With SPA this means that between 11-25m the Polaris will out-DPS the Orion, plus it is going to be more accurate. The SVA-88 is also a very interesting prospect but for different reasons(reducing the recoil from 0.44 to 0.4 is pretty huge on a 698RPM weapon).

Looking forward to test them out in whatever form they arrive on live.
  13. Magma52

I would take higher accuracy over 0.75 ADS any day. Those accuracy increases aren't even proportional to losing 0.75 ADS...it isn't even that useful one a Heavy because half the time their shield is up and kills their movement speed.
    This is just a straight up buff for VS.

Really though, as long as DBG aren't thinking about making Heavy Assault Shield changes I don't really care what gun changes are made.
  14. CriticaLHiT28

Give the Orion an option to equip SPA and the spandex will be happy
  15. Erendil

Agreed. But if they're moving back to the VS "accuracy" theme they have a long way to go. The SVA & Orion used to have .2/.2 horizontal recoil and .35 moving ADS COF. And the SVA88 had a Recoil recovery of 15, which got nerfed first to 13, then again to 12.

No it's not. From Keldred's post here, the Anchor and MSW-R are getting the same hipfire COF buffs as the Orion/Betel. The Rhino and EM1 are getting the same Max Damage range increase as the Polaris. The Rhino is also getting SPA and the EM1 will get reductions to its horizontal recoil and tolerance. Plus, the SAW is getting a moving ADS COF reduction from .5 to .4 (same as the current GODSAW).
  16. KnightCole

OMG 570 to 540? I dont even like VS and omg....the EM6s 580 is a pita at times, but 540? OMG.....its an SMG now.
  17. MasterTater

LOL - VS the most accurate faction.

ALL VS 0,75 LMGs where heavily nerfed in accuracy in the past to compensate the "0,75 advantage".
    NOW removal of 0,75 AD Modifier on VS LMG completely destroys the weapons. These upcoming minor accuracy improvement do not even rewind / remove / compensate the past patched nerfs to those VS weapons.

The most accurate weapons are in TR hands while still providing the same DMG as VS weapons.

VS faction trait was MOBILITY and NOT accuracy. But seems to be a simple reflection how fkn blurred, uninspiring and broken the VS faction got nerfed to in the past 2 years.
  18. Gutseen

Fly'n tanks+visual armor blends with envr. in the dark+**** ton of side visual effects from guns that obscure vision+no bullet drop+ hard to track tracer bullets+ AoE lmg + ultra accurate AI Max.

Tr has a broken tan... mobile artillery station, gaint horizontal recoil on most of 700 rpm guns, useless fractures, useless empire rocket launcher and thats it, thats all that TR got.
    • Up x 1
  19. placeholder22

If any gun needs some love, it's the Ursa. It looks nice and it sounds nice, but it has too much horizontal shake (and no advanced forward grip) to be useful at the long range, and too crappy DPS to be useful at any other range. I auraxed the thing. Was the most painful aurax by far.
  20. Reclaimer77

And now all the whiners will see how overrated .75 ADS in actual gameplay is.

I'll gladly trade that for more accuracy. What a buff!