Orbital strike - total disbalance.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DobryiPupok, May 25, 2017.

1. DobryiPupok

Before that there was a sense to build bases on deep enemy territory, it was really coll and fun. Now it has no sense, cose you spend much time to build, but enemy dont need to attack this base, they just need to put silo+Orbital Strike in 250 meters, wait a few minutes - and it's done. Same situations with bases near fight line. Enemy just place silo+Orbital strike on their territory, waite some - and it's done.

Orbital strike needs to be fixed some how or removed. It totally kills constructions idea.
  2. Tankalishious

No it requires you to pay attention to the map and roll out a tank to drop the silo+O.S unit.
    • Up x 4
  3. DeadlyOmen

Since when can a person not destroy a OS system?
  4. DobryiPupok

You cant destroy enemy orbital strike on deep enemy territory, cuz you need to sit at the blocked HIVE and defend it. You haven't forces to destroy OS, you can only defend your base. I'm talking about real game, you talking about your fantasy.

Yu dont understend, what are you talking about.
  5. AtckAtck

Sorry, but i totally disagree with you.
    It is not hard to destroy a base that has only orbital and silo.
    If someone builds an orbital just to destroy your base, you will notice it and have plenty of time to react until it is loaded.
    To be fast with the orbital also means that it Needs to be very near. 200 - 400m, otherwise it will take Long to load.

There are already not many places where you can even shoot at Things and Building an orbital just to destoy a base is Kind of a waste of time already as they can be destoyed faster with tanks.
    The no deploy zones are way to big as it is, you cannot even use it to the outer ring of a regular base as all sunderers will be deployed inside the red Zone.

Also you cannot use it to defend your own orbital base, because of the Minimum range. I would gladly take some friendly fire to dispose of some attackers, but i cannot.

I suggest you try to build orbitals succesfully yourself before ranting about.
    You Need a strategy and teamplay to use them.
    Or you end up with a useless one shot or even Zero kills.
  6. Pat22

Though I greatly cherish the few orbitals I've had the pleasure of firing into enemy zergs and bases, they are far outnumbered by the amount of orbitals I've built that have been killed before they could fire at anything, or never got anything to fire at before the continent locked.
    • Up x 1
  7. DeadlyOmen

What stops someone from organizing a team to both defend their own HIVE, and destroying the other?
  8. Zagareth

Ever heard about teamwork? You can play "Infiltrator" completely alone, but not "Base-Building"
  9. FateJH

Why are you allowing the enemy to build a base within 250m of your own, put down an Uplink unit, and giving them ample time to charge it up?
    • Up x 4
  10. DobryiPupok

Once again for those, who cant read carefully. For example building HIVE
    on a DEEP enemy territory, getting there a few ally to activate HIVE. Do yo understend, what "deep" means? Do yo understend, what "enemy terrytory" means? So how can you prevent building OS there, on deep enemy land, having few base defenders against a couple of enemy squads? What the **** can you do there, except sitting and defending your HIVE?

I was on those HIVEs, on deep enemy terrytory, and i know what i'm talking about, and you, guys, dont know nothing.
  11. DobryiPupok

It depends on where you build OS. If you build it on/near enemy territory, of course you may not succeed (that depends on your base building skill). If you build it deep in your territory, you will anyway succeed to gain full power of your OS.
  12. FateJH

By attacking while they're still working on it. From the very start, maintaining a base like this where you are isn't an easy task, as you say. If you don't have a lot of support, you have to be proactive and diligent, especially when one is high profile enough to have a marker on the map. Just building the base by itself shouldn't give that base a free pass to existing. The attack which overcomes it doesn't have to come by foot, by axle, or on wings; and, if you don't stop it, it will overrun your base one way or another.

What I am saying is that turtling is the wrong way to deal with the problem you outline, and turtling for so long is a fatal mistake. If you end up feeling too pressured (or demoralized) for even one or two people to break away, that's the enemy's long-term strategy working.

If you want something more local, the Uplink's weakest link is its beacon. You need to realize and stop the beacon layer just as soon as he/it appears.
    • Up x 1
  13. Demigan

The only disbalance I see:
    Go behind enemy territory with just enough players to activate the HIVE, expect to survive.

Also you are (ab)using the immense power PMB's offer, and when someone does The exact same to you, its suddenly a problem? I mean really?
    • Up x 3
  14. PanzerGoddess

doesnt it take 45 minutes to actually use......in which time that's 45 minutes of being able to see it on the map....

also....um, use an emp cannon, takes one guy to drop the dart, that will def hold back an os.
    • Up x 1
  15. AgentRed

pretty much most of the time the OS will get destroyed before you can even use it because they have very low health 1 LA can take out a full on guarded base. A person I know gave me a few videos to show oh easy it is.

Contested base
    https://gfycat.com/CoolPartialCassowary
    Uncontested but with AI
    https://gfycat.com/BrilliantMistyDartfrog

I don't understand why people just don't go attack the base instead of seeing it on the map and letting it go XD
  16. Pat22

I didn't realize they could be killed so easily. I've seen whole squads shooting at one for a while before it goes down. Perhaps the top is a weak spot?
  17. DobryiPupok

You dont understand, disbalance not between factions, but between HIVE-builders and OS.

You are the same as others, dont read carefully and dont understand what are you talking about. All of posted reply guys are have no idea about base building iin REAL game, but only in teoretical fantasies.
  18. LordKrelas

You do realize, you are complaining that allied forces can build an OS in their own land to attack your isolated base in their own land that is generating VPs better than any Lattice base.

Like if you were in your own territory, then an enemy OS being easier could be called in some world, a problem.
    However, you are in the Enemy's own territory, with less people, with a fixed position base, complaining that a larger force built a weapon capable of properly destroying you with a long charge-up-time weapon with a visible range in their own territory to engage your isolated base in their territory.

If you don't like OS's being used against your base sitting in the far end zone of enemy land mass... have enough people to defend your base from the threat.
    You are the ones in that position , due to not having Enough people to hold it.

Hives should die.
    They generate more VPs than all Lattice bases, can not lose any progress even if destroyed, and need only time.
    As well, You are putting them in enemy territory, with less people than the enemy, and expecting to not die.

An Orbital Strike should work against a bloody hive base.
    Let alone one in the OS's own bloody land.
    If it didn't, then what is the point of the OS?
    A hive can be built in a hell hole, with the fewest defenders if any, against dozens more of attackers.
    And get more results for VP than the entire faction.

Like enjoy a base construction that achieves as much as the Hive does, used against you.
    • Up x 2
  19. Demigan

I understand perfectly.

You build a HIVE behind enemy lines, using the imbalanced protection a PMB offers to stave off far superior numbers.
    Then when someone builds the purposefully designed counter against your HIVE base, and uses your folly of leaving allies behind by going deep into enemy territory, you suddenly have a problem with PMB's.
    And really, if you can't stave off an OS base consisting out of a single OS+Silo, then you have no business to be there in the first place.

If you can't stave off an OS base, then call in your allies to do it for you. Besides that, air shield protect vs orbital strikes. So you have all the tools at your disposal to counter it. Except ofcourse your complete and utter tactical failure of trying to take on too many people deep behind enemy lines.

Let's do this one more time because your hypocrasy about reading comprehension seems to be in the way of you understanding simple things.
    1: PMB's are too much in favor of the defenders. That's why you can build them behind enemy lines.
    2: The only real counter to a HIVE base is... Building your own PMB, but with an OS and Glaive (because really, without a Glaive you can't knock down the air shields and without that you can't shoot the base). And when that power is turned against you it's a problem?
    3: If you can't even stop an OS base that's nothing more than a Silo+OS, you suck. You do not have the insight or skill to actually pull things off without massive crutches, crutches like a PMB.
    • Up x 2
  20. Demigan

Do you know what "deep in enemy territory" means?

It means "you are screwed". It means "you are surrounded", it means "your allies won't be able to help you", it means "you are going to be outnumbered when discovered, and you'll be outnumbered fast".

The fact that your HIVE base was capable of withstanding that is a testament to the OPness of PMB's. And the only real counter to a PMB is another PMB, but with an OS. An OS that is far weaker than your HIVE, needs a lot of time to warm up and get you in range, and then requires the operator to be in close proximity to fire, and then to have the dart be anywhere but below an airshield, which any sensible base will have up and running and overlapping most of the time.
    • Up x 1