Orbital Strike abuse favors Zergfits. Devs learned nothing from planetside 1.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by topgunsmurf, Mar 28, 2020.

1. topgunsmurf

The main thing is messed up is the orbital strike in Planetside 1 this was something only a CR5 could do every 3 hours as it is a force multiplier and should not be abused.Now its something people can do every 15 mins... and the zergfits can drop them ALL day long.Yesterday we had a fight where we had a larger outfit beat with less numbers... BUT .. they just kept dropping Orbitals on the base so we could not push the point.To much is gifted to larger outfits and is BEING ABUSED by them.This patch is the death of the smaller well trained outfit and is just a zergfest cluserfeck.

Solution is to make the timer on orbitals to craft 3 hours again... CURRENTLY this is being ABUSED.

Basically after a zergfit called the reapers exploited the dynamic last night on cobalt my outfit and myself simply LOGGED out the game.
    Zergfits can craft these all day long and are ABUSING THEM.. which means any outfit is not a zergfit has no chance of an even fight.

what is ps2 currently ... something is about to become 2 or 3 big zergfits per faction on each server and to hell with anyone else... this is NOT good for the community as allot of people like to play tactical without rolling with a 100 player zergfit zergball.
    TIMERS AND CRAFTING MATERIALS NEED TO BE MUCH MUCH MUCH HIGHER...
    Till i see this in a patch i will not be playing ps2 nor will many from my outfit.
    • Up x 3
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

Timers and crafting materials don't need changing. It's the fact outfits have access to them at all that needs removing.

Outfits only need to gain the right amount of resources and they're good to go. Unlike OS made with a player-made base, however annoying they are, at least you have the ability to destroy them. With these resource-based versions, there's literally nothing you can do about it except redeploy, die, or just leave the game entirely.
    • Up x 3
  3. badname123

pfftt. orbital some infantry, they respawn and resume like nothing happened. i get os'd and os . good times.

nerf your self
  4. Trebb

Except it's a no-skill way to remove strategically placed routers and beacons instantly. I've been posting here and on Reddit trying to get the timer increased, or mat requirements doubled or more, but after being on the receiving end of 5-6 OSs every big fight, I'm fine with them removing it completely, and leaving it as a base build thing ONLY.

I'm usually the one guy bringing routers to keep a good fight going, but I am never building another one until they fix this.
    • Up x 3
  5. Liewec123

just dont allow orbitals on lattice bases!
    they were added as a means to deal with construction bases (notably hives)
    but now they are just being used by farmers to ruin base fights.
  6. TRspy007

Especially annoying when it's your own team that randomly launches their os spam with no regard to their team. I've lost more than half my routers and sunderers to tk orbitals.

Really I don't understand why the devs love adding new 1hk invincible weapons like the bastion and os, while they nerfed to the ground launchers and tanks when people complained about armor and launchers being 1hk on infantry and esfs.

I'd say the only things that should have made it to the war assets patch were the anvils and citadel shield, (the 2 which no one uses since they actually require half a brain to use). Everything else really have no place in the game, and just favors mindless click and trolls behavior. It's not even gameplay anymore, we can't have fun without some idiot teamkilling everyone with his nuke spawn, or some bastion coming and obliterating all the spawns while we can legit do NOTHING but watch our fight get ruined.

I'm glad people came back to chekc out the game, and I'm sure the fact the world is on lockdown is a factor in why population levels are higher than usual. However, I'd like to wake everyone up by offering stats:

https://ps2.fisu.pw/population/

Over 10k people came to check the game out, about 4k have been actively playing this month. That's 4x our usual population. It's really not a lot compared to the glory days, and I'll ask you: many of these people are new or returning players who left because the game was heading in the wrong direction. Do you really think they'll stay for long considering none of the reasons they left have been resolved, and the new players get to be blown up and nuked in between 2 deaths to a veteran?
  7. SikVvVidiT

They didn't learn anything because most if not all never played it... Maybe Wrel did but he doesn't count because he wasn't a developer who developed this game.

We had Everquest 2 Devs pretty much behind this crap, and we all know how well they did with that mess of a game.
  8. Yavimaya

They are 100% abused

When you see 3+ dropping on a base consecutively.....

I'm a returning player. I've bought about $20 of cosmetics since I got back, but I'm not sure if I'll resubscribe yet. I'll probably stay until they either get things like orbitals, Desolation, Bastions etc actually functioning properly, or until I decide that they're too stupid to get it working properly.

I saw Wrel on reddit earlier getting all snippy that people were complaining about the ****** behavior entirely caused by the forseen problems with outfit wars.... it was pretty unprofessional.
    • Up x 1
  9. NeuroDamage

you come to capture a point (link) and another of Zergfita man launches an orbital strike and he gets points from other points !!!! IS THIS NORMAL ??? and if you are trying to shoot a Patriot Flare gun or any other weapon with cartridges this is STATPADDING ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what about Other outfits ???? why we made OUTFIT WARS !! if ZERGfits Already arrange Contractual Fights on points ! Sanders and ammo kill! teamkilling other allies when capturing ! and no one can fight them because they are all boosted by merits and prems !
    THIS IS NOT THE GAME WE WANTED!!!!
    open Miller and see what's Going on !!!
    now they are on certain days !play for a certain outfit
    statistics WUHC ! DIG ! BHO ! Sector JKU TR [K] !!
    everyone started disbanding outfits and playing contract games !
    because there is no more sense to try for your friends!
    now there is no Balance of the game or Zerg or leave the game !
    many don't want to play this **** anymore ! and help someone score points !
    when Tomorrow they will already collect points for Another faction!!!!

Reset statistics and change the Balance Of capturing a point or getting Points when capturing !
    Thanks for your attention! I've finished:eek: o_O

10. TRspy007

I'm glad you returned, I feel a little sorry that you wasted your money on a title with no direction, and I'm sorry to tell you that the devs don't actually see many of these things as "needing fixing". That's not to say there might not be a tweak here or there, but what we have here is pretty much the final form. Think, would they really have delayed the patch by a month (for the first time in years they actually delay something) if they weren't going to release it as close to what they imagined as possible?

The devs really want the battle royale direction of the game, and are trying to strip away as much of the original version of the game as they can. Sure, a few people might like being invincible as air, trolling people as an infil or by simply dumping nukes on every fight they join. But I can safely say the majority of the community is against this. Why they chose to go against the majority of the community and then act surprised and insulted when stuff like planetside arena fails? No idea, and I don't think anyone knows either. Really, the devs haven't surprised us (with anything remotely good) in 5+ years. Why would it be any different now? All we get is just empty promises: 'the construction bases are temporary, we'll finish hossin'; 'this new lattice system is just a temporary fix'; 'the combined arms initiative patch is not final and things will be adjusted to balance gameplay'; combined with unsubstantiated hype: 'oshur sound be coming out later this year' and the escalation and hints to a planetside 3 of course all fall in here.

I somehow keep hope for the game, and I'm glad that a bunch of people still do realize the potential and check the game out after every 'large' update. But please, don't be naive. Nothing is going to be "fixed", at least not in a way beneficial to the community, and I want the game to make money and continue, but realistically, unless you don't care about money, I wouldn't advise making any investments in the game (at least not long term ones like the membership). You'll only disappoint yourself and waste your money in something that simply isn't managed to last in the future. Yes, planetside 2 has been more or less alive for almost 8 years. That's simply because of the game's uniqueness and the vets who experienced its potential in beta and just can't get that from any other game. It's not due to the management. Just enjoy it while it lasts, but the more the team focuses on ways to make it closer to other games, the least appealing it becomes, and while there might be pop spikes here and there, don't expect it to grow.

Welcome back, but don't you have any illusions; the game is still headed in the same direction. Enjoy until you quit again, in maybe a month or so.

On a side note, I don't really follow stuff on reddit that much, especially not wrel. Would you mind linking the post you were referring to that he made in the beginning of your comment? Just out of curiosity.
  11. Yavimaya

12. TRspy007

Wow good thing he isn't community relations.

"All of the concerns are valid, they've all been accounted for and discussed well before this update was released, and we already have a list of changes we're looking to introduce"

....not only do they brush off the statements, but they proceed to treat us like we're the ignorant idiots who have been screwing patches for the last 5 years. They knew everything was wrong well before the update, and they admit it, YET THEY STILL PUSHED IT FORWARD!?!?!??!?!

And then the: "I'd like you all to continue to trust the process." just says it all. What process should we trust? The one that supposedly knows all the problems and still pushes patches THEY KNOW DON'T WORK?? I understand pushing something that needs a few minor tweaks, or even introduces a few new bugs to fix. But introducing something that is half-***** and totally messes up the gameplay, when they claim to know it was going to do that in the first place is just stupidity at it's finest, and I really can't expect anyone to "trust the process" when it has failed us for every update since SOE sold the rights to the game.

I understand why he might be frustrated so many people are critiquing his vision of Planetside 2. But when the majority of the community says 'go right' and the devs decide 'ALL AHEAD LEFT!', they really shouldn't be surprised when their ideas flop. Of course, if you're going against the direction of the playerbase, have not had one single achievement in the last 5 years of doing so, and act like you know what is wrong with the game; how can you expect players to trust you? How can you act surprised your ideas failed, when everyone tells you so and you yourself admit it's flawed.

Also I'll point out that his main focus based on these replies seems to be the outfit wars and how zergfits earn resources, and not the OS spam OR THE BASTIONS THAT SHOOT THROUGH WALLS.

....but hey, I guess we'll just continue to trust them right?
    • Up x 2
  13. waystin2

I read the comments. Seems like he is saying they are aware that changes need to be made. They just will not be made until next big update.
  14. DankBudha

Honestly, why Wrel ever got put in charge of this game is well beyond logical reasoning, for more reasons than are worth listing out here.

But, to the OPs point, the OS was better tuned in PS1. PS1 had so many things that were done better than PS2: 10 continents, cert tree so everyone had to specialize (forcing teamwork to be competitive at all), the command rank system, ttk more in-line with the fact you could have 10 or more people shooting at you at once(also, rewarding teamwork), vehicle drivers not also being main gunners (again, forcing teamwork), and squad-based xp sharing (rewarding teamwork and those that just drove vehicles or healed/repaired the ones doing the killing), the hacking system (hacking vehicles was awesome, doors that shut/locked on bases was fantastic), and last but not least, the inventory/armor/loot system that forced you to play classes in unique and interesting ways and you could loot the other factions weapons to use on them which was just fun.

The biggest problem with this game has always been that they have constantly and consistently tried to be more like all the AAA shooter games out there, when that is exactly the opposite of what makes this franchise unique, engaging and special in comparison to those titles. If they would have kept the core things I listed above (tweaked them if needed) in PS2 and added the base building that would have been more than enough to keep a lot of people around in my opinion. But, as usual, they are trying to chase franchises that have and always will, do the small sandbox game better than they ever will. They need to stick to what makes this game unique, large-scale, team focused gameplay where coordinated, skilled players become a force multiplier.
    • Up x 2
  15. NotziMad

I'm not saying you're wrong, I think you're right, I'm not saying what you say isn't true, I'm sure it is, but I just wanted to say, since you mentioned Cobalt, that I've never seen anyone abuse OSs in the way you describe (and I'm on Cobalt too).

As a matter of fact, the only one I've ever seen abusing OSs is me lol.

So basically, what you say is true, but it's not happening all day long at every fight if you know what I mean.
  16. OpolE

Hey Planetside 1 loyalist here. Hows it going over the on Planetshi 2