Options are cool. Old death screen.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nocturnal7x, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Nocturnal7x

Give us the option to have the old death screen. And while you'er at it give us the option to have the old HUD back.
    • Up x 9
  2. OgreMarkX

Yes please. And design the interface to MINIMIZE clicks, not MAXIMIZE them.
    • Up x 4
  3. Nocturnal7x

Yea, I love the trend in interfaces, "cleaner look, many more clicks"

That said, death screen has way to much info I just don't care about. I liked the old one, good amount of info.
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Can you not run up to their body and jump up and down on it for them to see anymore?

(I dont play on patch day anymore)
  5. Zar

lol yeah nothing about this patch has been good as far as i could see tonight death no awareness lines are boring and sad the lil graph for all the kdr kids that gives them a special golden star everytime they die just makes me wanna go load up ps1 XD even with its awful netcode and **** gun play. its sad that soe has decided to go this route but sure someone will like it. but i really don't wanna play with that crowd so ill head out. For the recorded not saying the game sucks now or the game is over and gonna die.... im pretty sure it will but thats an "OPINION" nothing else. i just think the game is no longer for me which is sad but oh well peace out all happy hunting.
  6. Regpuppy

Aside from a mini-map feature I don't care for (don't care if they're spotted, it should only show general direction) and redundant information I don't need (srsly, I can find this info through the profile page easily). There's a new bug that's similar to an old one. When you're switching from the death screen to the deploy screen while getting revived it can bug the hell out and you'll be stuck on the deploy screen until your, alive and standing, character is ganked.
  7. Taemien

There definitely needs to be a way to toggle this thing off. Send me to my redeply screen as soon as my hp = 0. I really don't even care about a death screen. Old or new.
  8. Elrobochanco

Hahaha nope. When your health hits zero the screen is up, you don't get to see you corpse area, and nobody gets to appreciate you tea bagging them. Wondering if it's safe to take a res? Better flip a coin because the only info the game thinks you need is your XP rate from your last life.
  9. DaddyVinoBambini

The new death screen looks worse than my wife's PC desktop, I can't even tell what I'm looking at, and frankly I don't really care about any of the stuff it shows. I'd prefer to not know anything about my killer to be honest, but I'll take the old one if given the choice.

I also found an interesting bug where it was showing a completely different person than who actually killed me. I killed someone, and then 3-5 seconds later when I died the screen showed the guy who I just killed as my killer. I thought it was some sort of hack but in the chat window it had my real killer, which was someone different then I realized that it was showing the last person I killed prior to dying as my "killer". This continued until I logged out.

PS: Please get rid of the "press any key to continue" and get us back to the deployment screen after a few moments or at least allow a right click to do the same thing.
  10. Chubzdoomer

If I had the option, I'd definitely revert back. There was nothing wrong with the old one.
  11. Nocturnal7x

[IMG]

It pisses me off so much.
  12. NC_agent00kevin

NooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo....

Now, I dont teabag but dammit, Ill run up and beat jump on their body. Does SOE not realize they need to see this??? They NEED to see it. This is unacceptable.