Optimization for AMD Users.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Foxknight19, Feb 11, 2013.

1. dr_Fell

Moreover, nobody has ever done it, as for today. That is the reason, why even in BF3, that is very well threaded game, some Ivy Bridge CPUs still perform better than 8-core Piledriver (2nd gen Bulldozer).
  2. Daimond

huh funny I cancle post, as ment to reply to Prodigal lol.

Not in your bio's its in Control Panel power options. Set to high performance.
  3. Prodigal

Thanks I just did that. How about that unparking utility, is there any risk?
  4. Foxknight19

I turned off shadows in the ini files and now I get about 40 FPS in battles.
  5. Foxknight19

Not that I am aware of.
  6. TheAppl3

None other than increased power usage and perhaps heat. It's only an issue if you're on a poorly ventilated laptop that regularly hits near-dangerous temperatures anyway. For everyone else, core unparking is a great idea.
  7. Daimond

Well not just that though, game makers try and cater to all. But all means Win xp 32bit with SP3 i beleave limited to 4 cores, where as SP2 and under is 2 cores, and consoles as well, but a windows 64 can handle upto 6 I think, but not many run/ran xp64. But win 7 32 can handle 32 Cores, and win 7 64 256 cores. But they are catering to all the Win 32 xp users still out there, not just that it takes alot to make something use more cores.
  8. BenYeeHua

Nope, but it improve some performance of normal use, as it always make the threads waiting when parked.
  9. mindbomb

crysis 3 does scale to 8 cores, but the 8350 still doesnt perform well in it relative to intel processors.
  10. Daimond

No there is no risk, other then vary minor more power used, as half you CPU not going to sleep and posable now waking up when wanted :) But the few cents more a month in costs is nothing compaired to quick response and such from doing it.
    http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility
    never tryed this next one but seems like best option for Laptops as lets you set for on AC and on Battery seperately, so if labtop I suggest this next one.
    http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php
  11. BenYeeHua

The next one is what I am using, and I am using core parking to park the second core to save power too.;)
    PS:I also the moderator of that forum.:)
  12. NC_agent00kevin

Exactly :D

Thats pretty much where Im at. If I could get about 10 more FPS in those major battles, I'd be pretty happy. I dip down to 20 and its pretty ugly trying to get anything done with frames that low. 40 would be ideal and still less than I get with other titles...but Id take it at this point.
  13. penguin2456

the optimization occurs when compiling, you set flags to target a chip architecture and depending of compiler and the level of optimization you chose, is the level of performance, some time ago i view a review of bulldozer,and what diferent flags make to the binary it was i thnk in some cases up to 20% performance gain, yes you can optimize the code manually and get more performance but is only done on supercomputers