Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LibertyRevolution

Here are some facts for you...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Waterson total pop is 1376 / 3 factions = 458 / 3 maps = 152 players per faction per map.
    Mattherson total pop is 1513 / 3 factions = 504 / 3 maps = 168 players per faction per map.

The only reason there are ques on waterson or mattherson is because factions throw all their pop at 1 map...
    You see ques because they put over 400 people on the 1 map, and leave the other maps basically empty.

If they merge the 2 east coast servers, you have a total pop of 2889 players at peak primetime.
    2889 / 3 maps = 963 per map / 3 factions = 321 players per faction per map.
    321 per faction is still under the current continent faction pop cap, which is around 400 per faction...

Keep in mind, Connery has 2,500+ players on a busy primetime...
    • Up x 3
  2. Spartan 117

Does anyone else find it odd that Connery is a recommended server yet has one of the highest populations, yet Waterson/Matherson which are essentially dead servers are not recommended? (Created new character earlier this week & this was the case) May not be as of now.
  3. Verviedi

I'm all for a merge. Can't wait for more VS people.
    (Proud member of the Waterson VS)
  4. BOOKEN

All that you posted just simply verifies everything I said that you quoted. I am failing to see how this is proof that what I said wasn't valid.

You are showing me that all the continents will be locked or very close to it with a merge.....

Something that I already knew, you just put numbers to it and proved it.....

And the only reason there are queue's is because SOE lowered the limit. Raise the limit and we are good to go. If I have to constantly wait on a queue I will not be playing. This is my argument.

And no I will not get a sub just so I don't have to wait.

Also, you failed to mention HOSSIN..... With or without a merge it will be very hard to get into HOSSIN when it goes live.
  5. WyrdHarper

It's like the early access member stuff. Someone at SOE has to update it, so it never gets changed. For example, Early Access items have been unchanged for half a year at least, despite lots of new cosmetics being released.
    • Up x 1
  6. Epic High Five

The recommended server is actually decided based on faction choice. If you choose VS you'll see different results than if you choose NC, for example.

Mattherson: The Best or The Best of the Best? Full story at 11 (during global biolab alert #3 of the day)
  7. bowswer5

I can't help but keep reading that Mattherson NC is disorganized or not as strong as their TR/VS counterparts. Personally I think some of the best Waterson NC outfits could do just fine filling that gap in the case of a merge.
  8. LibertyRevolution

With 41% pop, Mattherson NC couldn't even win the amerish biolab alert this morning.
    They started the alert with Xelas and already had onatha's west substation, yet for an hour they couldn't take a onatha.
    That about sums up Mattherson NC competency level...

With 10mins left on the clock, I gal dropped 10 TR to onatha and killed all 4 of the NC sunderers, just to put them out their misery.
    They didn't know what hit them.. I think even the VS were surprised to see us do that.
    We didn't have any connection to it, it was VS bio lab, I just couldn't watch them feed certs to VS for any longer.. :rolleyes:
    This is what happens when I decide to run a "Randoms doing random things on Amerish" squad. :cool:
  9. Posse

B-but faction loyalty!

Yep, everytime there's a queue on a continent, I know I'll have to suffer quite a time fighting terrible fights with 1-12 until I can get into the populated continent
    • Up x 1
  10. LibertyRevolution

If they merge the servers, and there is near pop lock on all 3 maps, then why would you need to switch maps??
    I mean there would be fights where you are.. you wouldn't need to go play indarside.

I am an auraxium level member, longest wait for me is like 2mins.. sorry your time isn't worth 40 cents a day.

Hossin will be an empty dead map. It has worse fog than Esamir and is harder to get around than Amerish..

Yes, life would be better if there where actually good fights on all 3 maps instead of having to wait to play indarside.
  11. RadarX

We do want your continued feedback, however to clarify any ambiguity there are absolutely no plans to merge these servers at this time.

Please keep feedback constructive and on topic. Thank you!
    • Up x 3
  12. Akeita

Where's the SOE post in this threads.... Hmm...
  13. Devrailis

Good.

It would be great to get some feedback from SOE as well, about what SOE thinks of the server pops, and what they feel are their priorities for the game.

Preferably here on the official forums.
  14. Ronin Oni

Please reconsider.

I barely log in just to get my daily certs on those servers.
  15. VSDerp

We are losing people each day because of the crappy to no fights atm. either they go to connery or just don't even log in.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ronin Oni

Why do you say good?

Both servers need pop badly......
  17. D3GGY

What's Mattherson's half-life?
  18. EliteEskimo

Please talk to the people who are in charge that Mattherson/Waterson servers are not providing a consistent PS2 large scale warfare experience in several places at once like the Connery Server is every day. I also would hope 19 pages of player feedback, many of whom think a merge would be good idea, would signal that this is an important topic. It's not absolutely needed now, but once Hossin comes around a merge will be necessary unless a large amount of players come back. I don't think having 1 continent populated, 1 mostly dead continent, and then 2 empty continents will be a good for player retention. Do you hear where I'm coming from Radar X?
    • Up x 8
  19. z1967

False, Death marches have increased but an astounding 1000% and the use of the word "C***" in prox chat has gone up by a octuple integer amount. And I see flying tanks more often now but that is beside the point, more like hovering above the point whilst lagging then finally crashing and exploding some friendlies. Hopefully they can get this Briggs server issue fixed soon so I don't have to deal with all these lagging Australians (and New Zealanders).

EDIT: I THEENK I BROKE IT (but I fixed it too so yay me)
  20. EliteEskimo

I dislike that form of quoting and responding, please quote properly! :eek:

The overall consensus I've heard so far from the Reddit community, since apparently I've seen little to no negative threads regarding it here, is that they are happy to have them and the normally underpopped TR on Connery now have numbers. I don't know what death marches are, is that a zerg?, and while I personally try not to swear at all Americans swear too excepts it's more the F***** or F** word.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.