operation supply drop. Go do good.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ironeddie, May 16, 2014.

1. ironeddie

2. z1967

This would go in Off topic.
  3. ironeddie

Seriously? You think I don't know that. Off topic doesn't get viewed as much and given that this is charity stuff I wanted it to get viewed. Thought we could be mature and make an exception. But no, not you.
  4. Codex561

It doesnt even go there. It is simply not related.
    Off topic is either forum games or something indirectly related to the game.

Its the wrong forum all together
    • Up x 1
  5. z1967

Its not discussion related to the game and it is not an official SOE post. Regardless it will likely get moved to off topic because that is where many of these types of post get moved.
    • Up x 2
  6. ironeddie

I'm stunned. It's a post about donating to a worthy cause. And by gaming. And your hung up on where it's posted? Wrong priority mate.
  7. Ribero

Did something significant happen, which has lead to this particular charity receiving a sudden increase in publicity?
    Just wonder 'cause it feels like I've been seeing the name around a lot lately.
  8. z1967

This is a game forum not facebook. I know this charity exists and have donated to it. If you want it to get attention post it on some other form of social media or even r/planetside. At least there it will make more sense and get the publicity you want.
  9. TheFamilyGhost

This is good stuff. I served 1986-1992, and 2001-2003. US Army both times, first as 31C, second time as 13F. Germany, Saudi, Kuwait, Iraq.

Good stuff, thanks for pitching in, and sharing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Latrodectus

Oh man, I thought I smelled delusional, self-righteous bullsh*t. This is a gaming forum, and if you let one person make an off-topic charity thread, that means it's fine for people to post about any charity they want. Yeah that's what I want, my gaming forums to be clogged with charity posts and spammers for dick-growth pills.
  11. TheFamilyGhost

Wow you're an ***.
  12. Latrodectus

Undeniable, but my point still stands. A hand out is a hand out, and asking for one in an inappropriate venue is the zenith of tacky no matter how noble your cause is.
    • Up x 1
  13. ironeddie

Christ you try to do a nice thing an raise awareness of a good cause that's directed at gamers to help in a venue where it will get noticed by people. And this is the reaction? Well I've learnt my lesson. Hope none of the dicks here ever need charity.
  14. Akeita

Angry European is angry
  15. Iridar51

Cuz clearly US army is in dire need of charity support.
    Poor american soldiers can't sleep at night because they're too hungry.

/sarcasm off
    Being fed, clothed and having a place to sleep is more than some people ever wish for, and asking or even accepting charity in that situation is wrong.