Operation: Make Faster Game - Release Candidate 1

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Gammit

Just finished testing. I was able to run on High graphics and experienced maybe 1-3 instances of hitching. Turned on VSync and Smoothing via PS2's graphics options and got ZERO hitching. This hasn't happened since GU-4 for me. While I was hoping for more than 40-50 fps, I will definitely take the smooth play I had tonight over the rollercoaster ride with hiccups that is Live.

SLI worked well tonight too.

AND this was running off my mechanical HD, while Live is on my SSD.

i7 920 OC to 4 GHz
    6 GB 2000 RAM
    2x 560 Ti in SLI
    Win 7 64-bit Pro
  2. HadesR

Seemed smoother again tonight , but after about an hour I noticed the frame rate started to lower / jump about .. Something that hasn't happened before.
  3. faykid

Got on PTS yesterday evening, rushed to Indar to find... 2 people.

On Indar. Evening.

Those were pilots.
  4. QFAN

Has the "Hitching" problem been resolved? I tried but couldn't reproduce it.
  5. D3amonEngineer

Is codeForge in any of the OMFG vidoes? Never saw him before. :)
  6. R3dBeaver

Tuesday.

Make it happen!
  7. SpaceKing

I can actually play on high now, if I turn shadows off. Still about 20 FPS, but that's what I was getting on Very Low in huge battles.
  8. Cross Fire

Glad to hear it! I want to see this game shine again.

Also, I have to try and resolve this:
    If you can't think of anything "more important" than testing specific weapons on a patch focused on seeing an increase in game performance, you might have the wrong outlook. I'm not expecting any difference in weapon gameplay, TBH. This patch won't really impact how weapons perform, just how you perform if you get a big FPS increase (going above 30, for example).

Still, it shouldn't be a reason not to play your favorite faction. More people just need to have incentive to get on.
  9. Cryless

when this patch goes live does that mean that you will stop working on optimizing the game? or take a break?
  10. Nintyuk

I think he's more refering to the fact that weapons with lower rates of fire/require a mouse click for each shot suffer greatly when the FPS tanks and as the NC has the most of these that's why it's significant.
    • Up x 1
  11. MaCritz

Lol, this patch is for indar only.. There's still Esamir, Amerish and Hossin.. Go figure..
  12. MichaelS

RC1: Sunderer exteriour still not fixed and galaxy camo is reduced by 50% its going to be a great patch :/
  13. MurderBunneh

Thank you I didn't feel like explaining it.
  14. TheBloodEagle

Nope, much of it is for the total game.
  15. GhostAvatar

Not that hard when he posts here more often than Higby, and actually keeps the official community informed of the progress of the game.
    • Up x 2
  16. Nintyuk

Well the per base optimizations like the switching out crates and panels is only finished for indar, but the general back end performance boosters are for everywhere.
  17. MaCritz

And that means that the remaining continents are still far from finished.. I played hossin and it was like LAGGA LAGGA LAGGA!! Indar was like SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH...
  18. Fredfred

Just certain textures, objects and so on. The code and other tweaks are universal.
  19. equinub

Alright, i'll download it. How can i reduce the download size?
  20. Tommyp2006

well to be fair, hossin in general is far from finished
    You don't...