[Suggestion] One way to improve spawnrooms

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Mar 31, 2016.

1. dngray

Please for the love of Papa Vanu, remove the player flinger that pushes the player up to the roof. It is so annoying when you accidentally step on it and you get pushed up to the roof where you die or have to jump back down to re-enter the spawn room.

Just add a simply set of stairs or a ramp (inside the spawn room) where the player can walk up and through the energy force field to gain access to the roof.
    • Up x 7
  2. MonnyMoony

Yes - I would definitely support this.
  3. Hipshot27

4. Azawarau

Im 50/50 on it

Itd let players poke up from shields and fight enemies where before theyd be flung and not have protection

I cant say if thats good or bad so im in the middle
  5. TheOpapanax

Yea it'd be a bunch of head glitching with a staircase. The jumppads are a staple part of the game...

You should be accustomed to dealing with them.
  6. ArcKnight

bump

starts and ramps FTW
  7. Shiaari

Why not just add a down pad?
  8. Metalsheep

Dont be ridicules, there is no such thing as stairs in the future.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. PYROxSYCO

Maybe a jump activated pad? Press "jump" and you go up?
    • Up x 2
  10. Taemien

Remove the ceiling shield and gravity pads entirely.
    • Up x 1
  11. AxiomInsanity87

Really f's up my game when i'm trying to be a spawn room warrior and that happens.

+1 lol.
    • Up x 1
  12. AxiomInsanity87

Ridicules?

Is that like Hercules? Lol.
    • Up x 1
  13. DirArtillerySupport

Jump pads and magical lifts in video games are and ever will be weak tools used by weak unimaginative developers catering to weak players off their meds.
  14. dngray

How about this, keep the player flinger thing but the player must press "e" to activate the flinger.