[Guide] One way to get CERTS quickly as an SMG Infil

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by yeHHH1g, May 8, 2014.

1. yeHHH1g

Farming shield generator rooms are probably the most effective use of your time if you want certs quickly. Just keep letting the enemy defuse the gen before it explodes and repeat. Here's a short video of me doing it:
  2. ExarRazor

grats, you just nerfed your method of cert farming
  3. yeHHH1g

This is not my method of farming, I just go where the fights are. Also, how are they going to nerf this farm? They aren't gonna get rid of overload exp...
  4. Reiyan

"Grat i should try this out~~~~~~~~~~! "
    then there is a growing in number try overflowing the generator and how much generator out there for you to farm your cert?
    that's the "nerf" i believe Exarrazor is talking about
  5. ExarRazor

not really. overloading gens used to give no exp. if people are using this method to gain exp quickly, SoE will just take away the exp again
  6. Iridar51

You make it sound like it's somehow unfair or abusing game mechanics to gain exp. How is overloading gen any different from lib farming?
    • Up x 4
  7. ExarRazor

it doesn't matter how I personally feel about it, or how you feel about it

SoE's track record shows that things like this usually get nerfed pretty hard.

I personally think its pretty creative
  8. zaspacer

Your aim is a thousand times better than mine. You were able to put your shots on their head over and over. What is your regular and aimed mouse sensitivity set to?

I can't do this tactic because I would die from bad aim. I typically have to setup much more surefire kills from full ambush.
  9. yeHHH1g

My regular sens is .23 and my ads sens is .35, the key is to get your regular and ads sens as close to the same as possible so you don't have to adjust your aim for smooth transitions between hipfiring and adsing.
    Also notice how I am aiming around neck/head levels when I turn around a corner I potentially expect an enemy could be waiting
    • Up x 1
  10. Hoki

Cyclone u giv?
  11. zaspacer

My settings:
    Regular =0.64
    ADS =0.50
    Scope =0.54
    Flight = 0.96
    Vehicle = 0.25 (AV Mana Turret) or 0.75 (base turret)

I really like high settings for movement, but low settings seem much better for adjusting aim to his targets. Is it better for aiming to run low settings?

I wish there was a button I could hold down that would toggle to a 2nd setting. I especially hate having to switch settings when I switch between AV Mana Turret and Base Turrets.

Do you use a huge mouse pad? (or no mouse pad?) When I use low settings I often have to lift the mouse off the pad to get larger movement on slow settings.

I will definitely have to try to get that head/neck level aiming down. Gotta work on that.

Currently I use careful setups for kills since I am so outclassed in pure 1-on-1 dexterity/firepower.
  12. salembeats

These measurements are entirely useless without at least a mouse DPI setting.

A more universal measurement for actual sensitivity is cm/360 -- i.e., my hipfire sensitivity is around 5.6cm for a 360 (Measured so that the distance it takes to turn 180 degrees matches the distance it takes to swipe from one side of my Windows desktop to the other).
  13. yeHHH1g

That seems really high, I use 450 dpi and 1000hz polling on my Deathadder. I have a huge Razer Goliathus mousepad, I've also used the Steelseries Qck+ and Heavy mousepads which are very good as well. It seems you just haven't found a comfortable mouse sensitivity to work with yet. Keep adjusting it until you can lead sprinting targets, I can move my mouse fast across my mousepad so my sens can be lower. Other people like high sensitivities because they have smaller mousepad spaces/ can't whip their mouse around fast enough.

Also, you should not think you are outclassed on firepower, the SMGs up close are deadly. The only problems I have are against shotguns, the chain gun, and superior SMGs like the cyclone. Anything else I can pretty much take 1 on 1 even if they started the engagement
  14. salembeats

Man, there's absolutely no way I'd go anywhere near a sensitivity that low.
    Nine and a half inches for a full 360 -- that's probably the width of my pull-out mouse surface subtracted by the width of the mouse.
    In fact, my G600 is pretty wide, so I might not even be able to perform a 360 at ALL without lifting the mouse using those settings, even if the mouse was basically touching my keyboard tray at the beginning of the swipe...
  15. yeHHH1g

I used to play CS for the longest time so I'm used to lower sensitivities and lifting my mouse between swipes, that's also why I love big mousepads
  16. salembeats

Even if I wanted a big mousepad, I couldn't do it.
    No space:

[IMG]

You can see my keyboard/mouse area is a pullout tray I installed into my desk, so the amount of mouse space I have is pretty fixed. Music gear takes up the rest of the area.
  17. TeknoBug

You used to get +1000 XP for the gen, not anymore, gee I wonder why.

PS- lol laser on the Cyclone, I prefer ext mag, the reticule is small enough anyways.

PSS- SalemBeats, Ronald Jenkees... is that you?