One hit death bug

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Linus, May 24, 2014.

1. Linus

It happened to me today:
    - any hit registration on my character means the death, one bullet from any ennemy weapon lowers my shield and my health to 0 immediatly.
    - Also i played engineer and I was not able anymore to use the av turret or the ammo pack until i quit the game.

fps and ping were very good. Everything else worked as intended.

Anybody else got this sort of annoying bug?
  2. FIRETRUCK

This is a pretty common thing I feel. I've been 1-shotted from SMG's, pistols, and other non-1-shot weapons while having full health and shields. Sometimes even the Heavy shield is negated resulting in a 1-shot kill with low damage weapons.

Don't know if it's a bug or netcode related issue, maybe both. But it feels like the server is taking it's time collecting data from one client before passing it on to another, ie you're already dead before an enemy shoot you.

The AV turret thing might be a bug or de-sync issue which would explain why a relog fixed it. Haven't experience it, so I can't say anything about it except speculate.
  3. Linus

Yeah you are right, it seems to be a de-sync issue.
    It happens rarely but a quick game restart and it is gone.
  4. Bambasti

Got that turret bug a few times.

Workaround is to switch to the AP turret at a terminal and maybe deploy it one time. Then switch back to AV turret and everything should work again.
    • Up x 1
  5. Linus

Thx for the tip man. I hope that it fix the ammo pack aswell.