[Suggestion] Omni-Max?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by UnDeaD_CyBorG, Mar 21, 2013.

1. UnDeaD_CyBorG

So, just a quick thought:
    Would you consider switching out the MAX Charge/Ammo/future ESA's for the ability to switch a weapon? Aka, a second loadout with a few seconds delay?
    Well, I don't know what VS MAXes will get, but I figured that'd be an interesting option that I'd personally think about.

Thoughts?

PS: Yes, this isn't very elaborate. It's 2:20 am, I'm mainly putting this down so I still remember it tomorrow. Probably only to find out I posted it somewhere else already.
    • Up x 1
  2. wingspan

If I could switch to anti-vehicle weapons and back, it could be worth considering for occasional use.

When I saw your title, I thought it was going to be engineer or medic MAXes. I was thinking Medics in SC2.
  3. curly

Id love if we could do this.
  4. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, mediguns and repair tools would also be interesting, but given that SOE doesn't want to infringe on LAs (copycats), those would be unlikely, either. I know SOE probably already made up their mind about what the VS MAX will get by now, but I thought that weapon switching in the field would be a neat ability nonetheless.
    General Availability, if nothing else.
    The graphic representation would be a challenge, though.
  5. Kaerius

If you want to be jack of all trades you can go burster+AV, you can still take out infantry with either. MAX AV is pretty terrible though, especially the TR one, NC and VS are a bit better off, but it'd still be little more than a nuisance on anything but an abandoned vehicle.

I've got plenty of infantry kills, some from 200m+ away, with my twin burster AA MAX... even if I only have 15-20% accuracy at that point, I only need like 5-6 hits, and I've got 56 shots.
  6. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, no, I don't want to be a jack of really no trade.
    I want to trade the flexibility of charge or an empirespecific ability for the flexibility to change my specialization without a terminal.
    Got an AA MAX, but the fight's moving into a Biolab?
    Switch for a Flamethrower to get some close in punch.
    Obviously, finding a terminal is the more likely choice, but hey, choice.
  7. Kaerius

Rarely ever have I had a problem swapping setup, if there's no hacked terminals there's always the sunderer. But honestly the only thing my AA MAX can't kill is ground vehicles(and non-AA MAXes), and the other setup doesn't really do that either, I have to switch to a non-MAX class for that(typically engineer in my case, don't have double block C4 on my LA yet).
  8. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, I do have dual Comets, and switching between medium range AI and short range AI, should we have those options in the future, would be worth a try.
    If a General ability, NC maxes could for example switch from a Hacksaw to Mattocks with Slugs.
  9. JudgeDeath

Considering I have dual AV option for the VS max ... I still rather change to HA,Engi,LA if I need to go against a tank and lose the max suit.
  10. MaxDamage

Doesn't seem necessary or feasible.
  11. Brusilov [TR]

I made a suggestion in a previous thread about adding some sort of back weapon mounted weapon systems for this slot.

I.e. mortars/rockets that are activatble on a cool down, like the charge ability... But perhaps still with ammo.
  12. Cyridius

I disagree. Alot of the problems with the MAX suit is that it is a very rigid role. If I go with 2 Mercies I can't handle Aircraft or Tanks.

The ability to say, lock down for 2 seconds while I switch out my pre-determined kit would be wonderous. It could even have the application of just loading 2 different anti-infantry load outs.

It would be a very interesting feature for when the MAX suit revamp is released.

In terms of feasability, all it would take is some adjustments to the UI and an implementation of an already existing feature.