[Suggestion] OMG, yet another LA tool suggestion

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by vaxx, Jun 11, 2013.

1. vaxx

What about a called target? Taking a cue from other MMO's, something that designates a priority target, and a focus fire type threat?

Similar to spotting, except target my glow, or have an arrow over it (ala MMO style), would stay on the minimap longer, and pulsate to designate a "priority" . It could be a sundy, and enemy tank, a Lib hovering high overhead, or an enemy Engi on a hill behind the group that nobody noticed. Target would show up on the minimap for a longer amount of time depending on certs. Anyone in your squad will see the glow or arrow.

IMO this will not only add a role for the LA to the group, but will add a bit more strategy (focus fire targets) to PS2 that needs it. Always frustrates me to see 3 HA's shooting rockets at 3 different tanks, damaging them but not taking them out. With a LA spot, they could all be on the same target, take it out, and then focus on the next.

This would be ideal for the LA as we are able to get to good vantage points, closer to the enemy, behind the enemy, using our mobility to pick out the most relevant target.

So again, squad only (so that you don't have 5 LA's in a platoon and 24 people going WTF is up with all the glowing targets?), a type of cooldown, a cert line to increase spotted time, and decrease cooldown. Maybe even a cert line like level 1 infantry, 2 land vehicles, 3 air targets, etc. etc.

I could see ALL types of squads loving this. An air squad with an LA spotting for them, a tank squad, and even infantry loving this, and really wanting an LA with them.

Just a thought, not very in depth but feel free to give your opinion.
  2. Daibar

just like the suggestion i made about the red-dot scope option :)
  3. simon11russell

The focus fire thing really shouldn't be a LA specific role its something a squad leader should be doing to coordinate their team effectively and should really go in that section of the cert tree.

TBH I still don't get why people suggest a spotting tool for LA's there is very little about the class that would suit this. The only time a LA can see a target that others might not would be on rooftops looking spotting other LA's or people who dropped in or on the upper floors of a building where you are flanking. In these cases why not just shoot them and be done with it. Even jetting to a good vantage point is fairly useless because your allies cant do anything to an enemy that only you can see, what's really needed is good solid intel on numbers and force composition and its far easier just to use the VOIP to say "6 Magriders and 2 Sundies are coming from the north" than though any visual representation. In any case there are already plenty of tools for displaying the locations of enemy's on the mini map.
  4. Daibar

the reason why we suggest such a tool, is because we can work with heavies and ESFs.
    it's a drone caller, highlightning a specific target to have others do the damage.
    if i can sit in a bush outside a facility and point my lazer at shiney sunderer or max group and have an ESF fly over and get a lock on a A2A missile (only ones with lock on, as of yet) or a group of heavies behind the hill and have their seeker missiles find the pointer as soon as they got a go, then it would be an awesome teamwork, would require more efforts all around and would bring the LA into the group more often with our flanking being a bonus to the entire group. providing we have heavies or ESFs with a seeker.

i still like my idea with the toggleable goggles more and it would most likely be easier to implement.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...tility-by-an-infiltrator.133021/#post-1842459
  5. simon11russell

That still sounds like an ability best suited to squad leaders else the usefulness is severely reduced because of the need to work out who's actually designating a useful priority targets and who is just spamming it on every tank that they can see in hope of getting some easy assist exp.

Also I really don't want to see LA (or any class) reduced to jetting up to a high place away from the fight and standing there hitting Q to spot all the enemy's for everyone with a telescope. I wont take a "well you wont have to do it" because we all know if its in the game and give an advantage Squad/Platoon Leaders are going to make people do it, hell there's already enough people in yell demanding someone pulls a radar flash or shoot a recon dart just incase.

I would much rather see a tool that allowed us to deal with large groups of enemy's that we have flanked more effectively. Not necessarily killing them just a way to force them to take the pressure off our allies allowing them to break though the line, the role that C4ing groups of infantry from behind currently has.
  6. Corezer

A couple of things I would like to see added to the LA class.

"Drifter" JJs:
    What we have now, easier to use much like the surger makes vehicles handle more easily. You can take more obtuse routes than with the "Racer" and be more readily able to act in a less than predictable manner. The tactician's choice. Increased capacity and recharge 60%

"Racer" JJs:
    Increasing Thrust and recharge instead of capacity, these will get you places faster. However, the increased speed comes with increased momentum, increasing your turn radius and causing you to need more fuel (which you have less of) to change direction. This means more moving in straight lines, less flying around things but better flying to them. The objective rusher's choice. Increased movement and recharge 60%

"Combat" JJs
    Changes momentum and recharges faster instead of capacity, also uses sprint CoF. Still wont be as quick to ADAD as on the ground, and you will have the distance clearing ability of level 1 "Drifter" JJs, but the ability to round corners when under fire and fight effectively from the air is hard to under estimate. The front line fighter's choice. Momentum change speed and fuel capacity increased 60%, sprint CoF used while space bar is held.

Instead of giving LA a tool, they could have the Nano Regen Device as an "F" key ability in addition to the space bar jetpack. This would augment the medic by creating a more mobile class to give healing on different parts of the line and in areas hard to get to by foot due to enemy breach or what have you. Meanwhile the medic could have their NRD replaced with an ACE tool that constructs a Nanite Emission Post. The NED would act much in the same way as a healing grenade, except permanent until destroyed or replaced somewhere else. This would leave the Medic still viable as a fighter with the assualt rifle, and a boon with the ability to revive, and a better healer with the ability to provide medical services across more of the line. LA would get some survivability in medium range fights (although not as good at any range as a shield, a little "lighter" duty, IE Light Assault) and the ability to bring some healing to the fight would make them a more viable team selection, we would also get the ability to carry C4 without neutering ourselves completely as fighters. Still not as logistically feasible an option as a rocket launcher, but it would give us some much needed flexibility as combatants