OMFG: Phase 1 to Test!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Oct 21, 2013.

1. codeForge

Hehe yes, when we make a decision like this we don't get to just throw away all the other work we need to do!

The entire Planetside 2 team recognizes that we needed to take the time to do this. It wasn't an easy decision, but it was the right one. We all play, and even though we have really nice computers here at work, we don't necessarily have them at home!

So just like you, we want our game to be faster. The only difference is we have the code. *grin*
    • Up x 5
  2. EWarren

Sounds great! Just curious - do we need to remove player-recommended tunings, such as SampleRate=44100, or undo CPU unpark (these can be found in the technical support sub-forum)

I wonder if any of these interfere with the official optimization
  3. NC_agent00kevin

Well, my specs are in my sig. There is also a performance comparison to various other chips and Ive managed to appreach the performance of an 8 core FX series cpu with a Phenom II x4.

That said, I still get 20fps in 100+ man baattles. 6 more FPS will certainly be nice to have - that puts me closer to the 30 bare minimum I want. I know this is no guarantee but Im optimistic about..optimizing. Perhaps Ill be one of the lucky ones that sees slightly better benefits. A 50% increase would be substantial enough to where I might possibly cry.
  4. CL4p2p

Huh... I don't really know if my config is above than that... is it ?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
    _____4.00 Go Ram (DIMM DDR3)
    _______Windows 7 , 64bits
    _NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Thanx in advance for answering.
  5. RoyAwesome

What? I'm not sure english
    • Up x 1
  6. Zotamedu

That's a low end system. It's a low end CPU. Your graphics card was good six years ago. You get more performance out of a new $70 GPU.
    • Up x 1
  7. treeHamster

I hope you guys learned how to count in school...or SoCal schools need some SERIOUS work, because 5 comes AFTER 4, not before it. There is no "OMGF Episode 4" listed in the Announcements section.
  8. CL4p2p

I forget to mention that it is a Dual core, is it still low ?

Edit:

By the way you say my graphic card is good 6year ago ? God... but I can run new game with pretty decent spec without lag... not in ultra but in good/mid-good
  9. DeadliestMoon

You shouldn't need an incentive to go onto the test server.

Just because there isn't an announcement for O:MFG Episode 4 doesn't mean that they didn't make one, go check the Planetside 2 Youtube channel.
  10. Van Dax

happy?
  11. Phyr

Van Dax sniped me D:
  12. Van Dax

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  13. Larolyn

My settings:

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=1
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1904
    WindowedHeight=1000
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=0
    LightingQuality=5
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=5
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleRenderDistance=2.000000
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    RenderDistance=2192.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=1
    VerticalFOV=70
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    MotionBlurQuality=0
    BlurQuality=0
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    GpuPhysics=0

My specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor (4 CPUs), overclocked from 3,0 GHz to 3,3 GHz
    Memory: 8192MB DDR3 RAM
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
    Display Memory: 753 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB

I had close to 50 fps in all of the South West of Indar dropping to 30 fps near amp stations and bio labs.
    I had close to 50 fps in all of Central Indar dropping quite sharply and stutteringly to sub 30 fps around Crossroads / Crown / Zurvan Amp.
    I had close to 80 fps in the North of Indar and again dropped to 30 fps near the amp station and bio lab.
    I had close to 40 fps near all tech stations.

This was all done when the server was empty so I think those crazy big bio lab / tech plant fights are still going to be seeing sub 20 fps. Hard to stress test when there aren't over 100 people fighting over one hex in planes, tanks, vehicles and running around as infantry.

Edit - Not live yet, leaving this as a reference for when I hit the test server again and stage 1 of O:MFG has been implemented there.
    • Up x 1
  14. Phyr

Nanoweave is OP.
  15. Jimmacle

After this patch, I believe that I will never dip below 30 FPS :D Thanks for all your hard work!
  16. Doctor?

Three words:

Crown. Knife. Fight.
    • Up x 3
  17. KAHR-Alpha

Are you guys going to organize a stress test? Because if you just leave it to us it's unlikely you'll see a massive battle on the test server.

When I was still playing EVE-Online, stress tests were common when they needed to gather data on big new features.
  18. Regpuppy

No no, if you really want to test out performance. Give everyone flair guns. Nothing but flair guns and disable every other gun.
    • Up x 2
  19. treeHamster

I have almost the same specs. The only difference is that I run a 6870 Eyefinity and I'm sure you have a regular series.

I can say I don't get quite those performance numbers but I also have to drive 3 other monitors all the time (even though I have 2 of them turned off) so I get around 40 in most places or drop to around 30.
  20. daniel696

Nice! But six core computers will have some improvement with this patch ?