Old items in the store expiring. Engraved Platinum Commi available in new NS bundle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FieldMarshall, Sep 5, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

The Platinum Engraved Commissioner can now be bought from the ingame store, as part of a bundle containing all the NS weapons.
    [IMG]

The price is a bit steep at 8000 SC. though.
    [IMG]

But i guess if you dont have any of the NS weapons, and have a bunch of money lying around.

Also some of the items in the store are expiring (forever?)
    [IMG]
    This is nor a complete list though. I counted 131 items that expire. Including some national flags.
    They items that are expiring are mostly vehicle decals, and ornaments. Some wheels, glass and even a harasser bumper.
    Almost all items are vehicle related. But some infantry decals are also expiring.

Just thought i'd give people who dont check the store regularly a heads up.
    • Up x 2
  2. ColonelChingles

Oh, that's pretty much just DBG getting ready to remove vehicles from the game altogether. :rolleyes: I mean vehicles are essentially meaningless when it comes to fights, alerts, or Server Smashes. They have no killing power and have paper-thin armour.

The plan is obviously to remove vehicles and turn the game into CoD in space. Yay literal Infantryside!
  3. Pelojian

nah i think they've learned a little about customer rage after the NGE, they won't remove vehicles they'll continue to nerf tanks to uselessness over a long period so they aren't worth pulling.

then they'll continue to make new directives that require you to use an air vehicle for the master tier when you didn't need any for the lower tiers at all.

P.S don't forget the directive update spam:

directive complete
    new directive objective 1
    new directive objective 2
    new directive objective 3
    new directive objective 4 (i got the message the first time^)
  4. Nregroepis

This is usually a sign that either the game either wasn't financially successful enough OR something big is about to happen, and I don't just mean big, I mean colossal. Trust me, iv'e been playing old online games in the past, such as NFSW.

Or, it's just been a really long time and the game is getting close to it's elderly hood, but i'd kind of disagree since it's only been 2.5 years or 3 years. More likely it's just the game going into a next age phase, not an old phase.
  5. Iridar51

Dang. And I thought I was joking when I said that:
    Looks like they moved up the schedule, though.

I'd buy a platinum commissioner for 1000 SC, and even then just because it would be the last piece for the black camo. I'm not gonna buy it for 8000.

I think people who decide the pricing have a completely messed up idea of just how "valuable" the "rarity" of these items is. 7-10 bucks for a bunch of pixels amongst a huge pile of other pixels is too damn expensive. 80 bucks is beyond ********.

Hell, I can eat for 2 days for 10 bucks. Or watch two movies in a cinema. It's simply not worth it.

Especially considering I can buy an item with exact same stats with certs just after playing the game for a couple of days.