Old Issues Not Addressed, New Issues From Recent Update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HateHoppersWJetpacks, May 20, 2015.

1. HateHoppersWJetpacks

To start, I have still not seen a fix for the implant energy wipe-out on all 4 of my characters from several patches ago when that issue happened.

4x 98200 is how much energy I'm missing. I've clicked my way to the max 4 times. Never doing that again.

I've noticed since the new patch that reset vehicles sights, bonus exp is not functioning correctly. As a player who no longer have membership, the bonus exp system is the only way to get more certs for what I do.

So far, I've found that being in squad mission areas no longer give 15% bonus. And Alerts no longer gives 30% bonus. I was in an alert, squad up and I had to do a double take because I was getting 3% total exp bonus. That's literally 3% better than if I ran solo in an non-Alert when my faction vastly overpopulate the continent before this patch.

I don't feel like wasting a lot of time, and never making much cert for it even though I've unlocked a lot of things already as a BR100. I already rarely play until alerts happen. But if there's really no alert benefit, then why bother? Daybreak has not been making a good case on why I should put anymore money into it.

To think, I held back judgement when the change in ownership happened. I crossed my fingers hoping for the best, after you gutted your employees. But there's only so many plates of crap you can serve me before I start speaking up that you should probably stop serving crap... And walk out the restaurant for good.
  2. HateHoppersWJetpacks

I don't spend a lot of money on the game, but I do play a lot. Since PS2 staff don't respond to issues, and just let it slide. It's time for some public shaming. Daybreak Gaming and PS2 by their actions hurt their own brand and the problems should not sit unnoticed.

1. Myself and other players are still experiencing the no Shield Regen bug, even though a patch went out to address it. I'll admit it happens with less frequency but it is STILL a problem. How did you guys even introduce the issue into the game in the first place? Is it lack of testing, or failure to lock down code before migration to live? It's like you guys test out your half-baked ideas in the same servers that you plan to copy code over from. Did you guys fire the wrong people over there? Get your act together please!

2. I'm going to go back and hit the issue on bonus exp being secretly changed. You guys were real quick to fix the cosmetic icon issues, great. But not something that affects the rate players earn certs. It is to your benefit that players earn certs slower, so you can hopefully sell more DBC Cash. This is sneaky and underhanded, and never mentioned in patch notes. I played today during an alert on several characters, and the bonus exp is still an issue. Here are the screenshots and explanations on what is expected, but what is actually happening.

[IMG]

NC character during Alert (30% bonus), at squad mission base (15%), defending base (10-15%), 1 squad member with exp boost (5%). I should be getting 60-65% bonus exp, but instead I get 19%.

[IMG]

TR character during the same Alert (30%), at squad mission (15%), Biolab (15%) should net me 60% bonus exp. But instead, you see I am getting 0% bonus exp.

You know that fancy graph you like to show players how much exp their players would earn if they were a member? Because a member gets 50% bonus exp. If you actually gave me the bonus exp that I was supposed to have, that would be 10% more than what the graph would show.

I don't understand why you're so determined to punish your free players. Are you looking to turn this into a pay to win game?
    • Up x 1
  3. HateHoppersWJetpacks

Well thanks to the new patch, I am now hitching like my monitor is standing on an vibrating electric toothbrush. Oh and you also have cheaters in the game.

Since when does 5 shotgun hits in close range against a light assault just above 50% health not kill them?

4. chevyowner

It seems to me hit detection is acting up.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kirppu1

heh, i don't have no issues with the game, except the meta is lackluster
  6. chevyowner

I did not have any issue before I took a break sometime in April. Now the only thing that appears to be acting up is hit detection.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kirppu1

it's still kinda wonky
  8. chevyowner

Well its even worse today. Launchpad won't start 99% of the time, and when it does the game crashes at 6% or 94%. Maybe I'll try playing again next month, but I don't expect anything to have be fixed.
  9. chevyowner

I found the cause of the problem. My ISP is having problems somewhere. If I use a different ISP (aka my cellphone) there are no issues with the game, but Planetside 2 is not worth VZW's crazy high data costs.

It was a great idea for SDBG to not let us edit our own posts..............
  10. HateHoppersWJetpacks

I've noticed sometimes launcher issues also happen when the servers are down for routine maintenance. Not sure if one was happening when you were having your issues.

In any case, while the vehicle stuttering has gone away. I am still missing implant energy and the bonus exp is still an issue. Talked to some outfit mates and it seems like they are not having this issue. I have used the in game /bug command to report these bugs, and hope that someone will address them. But if the responsiveness from that is anything like here... Nothing will happen for months. Beyond disappointed, and in the territory of agitated.
  11. HateHoppersWJetpacks

I have opened a customer support ticket for this issue since posting here and /bug did not fix any of the problems I am experiencing. Here is their reply. I have removed the GM's name as well as my character names.

My Response to GM:
    Thanks for your response GM. However, I politely decline to accept your answers. My response comes in two points.

1. Regarding missing implant energy. You quote lack of records as a reason you will not intervene with lost implant energy. While I do not doubt the game does not track it's usage in game. You DO have a record that a patch error had erased everyone's implant energy to 1800. And that a fix was implemented. I don't believe you or the development team have 100% confidence that fix remedied the issue. Because I am claiming that it never fixed the issue for me. You also have a record of my integrity as a player who bought membership and station cash prior to the issues I've quoted. And how I've spent $0 since. You may also see on all my players, I am not out of energy recharges. Did you know it takes 54 clicks to go from 0 to 98200 max implant energy? And you are aware that I have 4 characters, I am not clicking 200+ times to remedy a mistake your development team has made. And for the Planetside 2 team to treat me with suspicion that I'm trying to game you when my record is clean. If you won't reverse the mistake your development team made on this one, fine! I will eat the cost of your mistake. But I insist that you guys get someone to click 200+ times to consume the necessary implant charges already on my characters.

2. Regarding experience bonuses. I have already gone through the official channels of reporting in game /bug. Posting in Player Support forum with screenshot evidence. I have escalated this to customer support because I have not gotten a response from those channels. Your solution cannot be to re-direct me to those same channels, because I'm not going to get anywhere going in circles. How could your development team fail to address visual evidence posted on your forums of exp bonuses calculating incorrectly? Or is this consistent with your stance that players are untrustworthy. I must have altered the screenshot somehow?

I propose the following to actually address my issue, instead of deflecting it. Have someone in the development team provide the formulas for calculating bonus exp. So I can check it against what bonus exp I am receiving and my assumptions based on observation of bonus exp before the 'Current Mission' update that broke it. Where I find mismatches, I can communicate that information back to either get it resolved or explained. I don't like that no exp bonus changes were announced, but I have screenshot proof that something was changed. As someone who is currently not a member, messed up bonus exp is a deal breaker for me. You can ask my outfit mates, that it has been my biggest gripes about the current state of the game.

And keep in mind, even if the development team finally finds and addresses the issue with my characters.. How many more months of lost exp/certs will it be until then? I experience a lost of between 10-20% bonus exp daily. And when it does get fixed, I won't get any of that back.

First Response from GM:
    I'm sorry to have to let you know that we're unable to manually assist with missing implant energy and experience calculations.
    Unfortunately, customer support does not intervene with implant energy due to a lack of records and experience bonuses are set by the development team.

Posting on the forums and reporting bugs is the only way to alert the developers in regards to these past and present issues and I apologize that they haven't been resolved for you.
    I'm afraid that we are unable to assist with these matters at this time and should you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding and for playing PlanetSide 2!

Opening Ticket Message:
    Issues affect all my characters on my account. I have filed a bug report, I have posted with screenshots on PS2 Forums and have not gotten any resolution or response.

Since my outfit mates have not mentioned any bonus exp calculations errors on their characters, I assume it is an issue on my account's characters. I see the bonus exp as a high priority issue for me. It prevents me from wanting to invest any further into PS2 because every time I log in to play for a while, I feel like I'm being cheated and punished for not being a member anymore.

The implant energy fix, would be nice.

The aforementioned post link below:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...dressed-new-issues-from-recent-update.226214/

If you are unable to fix one or both of these issues, please get back to me on why.
  12. HateHoppersWJetpacks

Bonus EXP still an issue as of 7/5/2015 when this screenshot was taken. On Vanu this time.

[IMG]

Received less than encouraging response from Customer Support.

My Response 2:
    I have opened PS-1554 on the DBC Community Issue tracker. While I appreciate that this is an additional avenue to try to resolve my in game issue. I do not appreciate that DBC have tasked the players with the QA's job. I will keep an eye on that issue, but I'm not hopeful it would be resolved since it's evident issues with more votes get priority.

While for the moment, I will accept that the Bonus Exp issue may have some visibility to the right people. Which I thought would be the case for posting in the Player Support area on the forums. Because if I was just posting there for other players who can't do anything about it, instead of for the DBC team I would have never wasted a second of my time there!

However, I do not consider this support ticket closed. My implant energy issue has not been resolved.

You've made it clear you cannot assist. Find me someone who can. Forward my request to your supervisor, a more senior or more capable staff member, it doesn't matter who as long as it gets fixed. You cannot wait 4 days and respond to this ticket with the same answer as the first time. I've even compromised with a middle of the ground suggestion on how you can resolve the implant energy issue.

I enjoy the game of whack-a-mole as much as you do. That is to say I don't. Please address my open issues so this ticket can be properly closed.

GM Response 2:
    I'm sorry to have to let you know that we're unable to manually assist with missing implant energy and experience calculations.
    Unfortunately, customer support does not intervene with implant energy due to a lack of records and experience bonuses are set by the development team.

Please use the in-game bug report system to report bugs as well as the DBG Community Issue tracker: https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
    I apologize that the development team does not get back to you personally as they do not respond to players directly.

I'm afraid that we are unable to assist with these matters at this time and should you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your patience and understanding and for playing PlanetSide 2!
  13. Lord_Mogul

Maybe we need just more reports.
    So many reports, that they have no other choice than to adress it properly!
    • Up x 1
  14. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Right remember this thread and seems my implant energy is gone too. Reading this thread it seems there is not much point for me to contact support about it. OP: this is a good thread but as yo can see it does not catch much attention. You need more sensational headings to do that. Sry - next time try somethinlg like "Orion UP plz buff + some other bugs"

Post on reddit if you can, maybe that'll get some attention. Way it is unfortunately.
    • Up x 1
  15. HateHoppersWJetpacks

I've gotten tired of trying to keep this thread up to date. Because DBG has been really trying my patience. I'll conclude with the following updates:

- DBG refuses to do anything about my missing implant energy, even after I escalated to management. In most other companies, when you escalate higher up something gets done. Even if it's some form of compromise. But over here, the next level is just as inept as the first person you talk to. Totally useless, you'd have better luck getting a panhandler to give YOU his change.

- Regarding the bonus exp. Their response is simply that it is the responsibility of the development team. And they have no power to escalate issues, and that I've been 'doing the right thing' by reporting it in Player Support forums (where there's no response), using in game /bug report (where again there's no response) and reporting it with their issue tracker. Which I've done, attached supporting screenshots and to no one's surprise no response and nothing's changed. Did you know that in every other software development, there is a paid test team that finds and reports bugs, with supporting evidence so that it can get fixed?

Planetside 2 isn't a free to play, as it's advertised. DBG expects you to do the work that they would otherwise have to pay actual testers to do! I've done some paid testing work before, and frankly this is one of the worse operations I've seen. And I don't feel like paying DBG for the privilege to do their testing work for them, to which they immediately throw out the door because 'priority' is a popularity contest of what's broken as opposed to true impact of bugs, and whether it affects all players or players notice it or not.

In any case, next time you're online, check your 'Mission Bonus' it's always going to be 0. But guess what? It used to actually give bonuses before they added 'Intra-Facility Objectives' and wiped it away. You really have no incentive to follow your squad, just defend a biolab/amp/tech plant to reap the most exp. And also if your faction population is higher than the others, your Squad Membership Bonus Exps won't apply correctly either.

It's great that DBG has a road map on what else they'll add to PS2, but I'm not mad at it for not having enough content. I'm mad at with the sparse content available that so much can be so broken. Like:

- You like shield recharge? There are still circumstances that disable your shield recharge permanently until you switch classes. Good luck doing that when you're trying to take a base and there's no terminal around.

- Lattice jumping have become more necessary since all the rule changes trying to stamp out Planetzerg 2 makes it harder to spawn directly to further away bases. But it's always fun when a small percentage of the time, you'll end up jumping to another continent. Best time to happen is during alerts and the continent is queued...

I can literally continue listing all the things that are broken, but I'll end up writing an entire encyclopedia. I thought trying to bring awareness to the issues might help. But I've come to realize that people that DBG really don't care. You can't shame someone, when they got no standards. Seriously, they're absolutely okay with this formula of just riding mediocre work while collecting as much of your money as possible. At least in most cases in the real world, when I buy a product and there's something defective about it. More often than not they would make it right. The economic model for DBG appears to be just feces... You like that? Where here's some more feces on top of that. Enjoy.
  16. HateHoppersWJetpacks

I've uploaded a video showing the bonus exp being calculated incorrectly to youtube. Link is available here.

I was in a squad with 6 members and 2 squad boosters, defending a biolab. Correct bonus exp should be:

6 x 3 = 18 Squad Membership Bonus
    2 x 5 = 10 Squad Booster Bonus
    18+10+15= 43 Total Bonus Exp

I should be getting 43% bonus exp, but I am only getting 25%. And in the video it shows that 0 squad membership bonus exp is applied even though all squad mates are on the same continent.

17. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Updated on the IssueTracker.
    • Up x 1
  18. HateHoppersWJetpacks

Thanks, I appreciate getting a response. Will keep this thread updated.
  19. HateHoppersWJetpacks

Nothing's happening with this issue from what I can tell once it's been put into confirmed. No additional comments on the issue, so I've added my own.

On another note, now the game is starting to deploy me into the wrong continents instead of to the proper base/sundy in the same continent. This is getting ridiculous.
  20. Pandora's Lunchbox

At some point, a bigger company will look over PlanetSide 2 and think 'damn, they ****** that one up. Let us give it a try' before proceeding to make a better rip-off. It's only a matter of time. If players outside of PlanetSide knew that the sort of game-play involved in this game is actually possible - they would undoubtedly imagigasm (until they play PlanetSide, of course - then they'll be sick).

My money's on Dice. Battlefield 4 boasts some nice big maps. Why wouldn't they want to hit something bigger?

At any rate, you have my sympathies for investing money into this company and SOE before it through PlanetSide 2. I, too, have wasted a vast sum of money that simply can not be excused - we don't pay for a product that is then to be broken by its developer. That would be, like, purchasing a car and then having the retailer smash it up before you leave. It's pathetic, it's unreasonable and if there were any point talking to Daybreak, I'd be damn-well demanding refunds.
    • Up x 1