Old infiltrator user and...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximaster, May 31, 2015.

1. Ximaster

...i have some different weapons,but i have the dilemma of which cloak to use. Because i really love the stalker cloak with my silenced Rebel and laser sight. But seems to have low rate of fire and enemyes kill me. And with normal cloak i have 4 main weapons,but didnt kill anyone either. Im an old PS2 player,actually i have a NC char lvl 15,mostly unlocks with infiltrator. So,tell me tips for beign better stalker cloak infiltrator with the Rebel weapon as main...
  2. xthezerohunter

Pick and choose battles, practice going for the injured and weak, play the fight in your head before you uncloak, practice baiting people to look for you and separating teams, memorize the RoF for the weapon you're using, aim for the head.
  3. Krinsee

I stick with hunter cloak (your initial starter cloak) for distance work just for the longer duration of stealth to change firing locations.
    As for stalker, you want to watch your enemies and use not only your gun but also your knife. 2-3 quick shots and a slap with the knife should do in most. (less with a rebel maybe just 1 shot would need to test out in VR), but mainly situational awareness and being able to land Head shots and knowing when to just sit still and let that group of enemies run past will be your best tools.

Nano cloak I just find doesn't last long enough or mitigate enough damage to really be of much use since you only get the buff when your cloaked and unable to fire. Only 1 out of 10 encounters that I've used it to try escaping due to the not flashing when hit has actually been useful and I could have accomplished without it better with just a bit more cloak time to sit still instead of rapidly de-cloaking.
  4. _itg

Incidentally, new characters are now getting 1,500 free certs by BR15. It might be in your interests to make a new character to take advantage of that, particularly if you bought any weapons with real money. On the other hand, the cert prices on all the cheap weapons have gone up (including the Rebel), so if you bought a lot of those weapons with certs, it might not be worth it.

The Rebel is a fine weapon for a short-range stalker. Go for headshots (the real strength of the gun) and use the knife to supplement your DPS up close. I found when I was starting out that camping shield generators was a lot of fun, since you get decent XP from the gen itself, and you can pick up some easy kills on people trying to stabilize it. Just be wary of heavy assaults, because if your execution isn't flawless, they could kill you if they let their cat take the controls.

As for your hunter primaries, you didn't offer much information. You obviously have the default sniper rifle. Did you buy an SMG? The auto scout rifle? Maybe the CQC sniper? If you list what you have and what kind of play style interests you, I can offer some advice.
  5. Ravenorth

• Choose targets that are focused on something else, like shooting at the enemy, repairing, healing or using terminals.
    • Dont pick fights with Heavy Assaults unless you have a really good opportunity to kill them, like when they are using infantry/vehicle terminal or standing just still without a reason. Attacking at them while they have rocket launcher ready is effective also, but do it right after when they've fired their rocket to avoid getting rocket in the face instead.
    • Pay a bit attention to the cosmetics of your targets, usually players with much cosmetics have higher BR, so they might be more experienced. Of course this is not always the case, but its a good thing to keep in mind.
    • On bigger fights instead of being where all the action is, sometimes might be good idea to check the areas around the battle, since its highly possible to find some enemy snipers lurking out there, which are easy kills most of the time. However dont be too enthusiastic while doing this, as there can always be experienced snipers, which are most likely using motion spotters too, so moving with crouching is highly recommended unless you have sensor shield implant.
    • Headshots, go for them. Its always good to have at least one headshot,(usually the first bullet) to ensure you deal damage fast enough to your targets.
  6. Alan Kalane

Just Don't.
    Trust me, you'll thank me later.
  7. MisterSlim

For Stalker cloaking advice, I'd recommend talking to someone like CuteBeaver, she's one of the best Stalkers around, and pretty easy to talk to.

For the other cloaks, I personally use the Nano Armor Cloak for sniping. Once it's maxed, it's VERY useful at long ranges for a mobile, aggressive player. The lack of glowing when hit by stray rounds is a bonus, and when cloaked, it allows you to survive a sniper rifle headshot (because sometimes the other guy is lucky) from all rifles except for the directive snipers. If you're mobile and more aggressive, your time-between-shots will be low, so the shorter cloak time doesn't matter too much.

The hunter cloak is ideal for situations where cover is spread out further than normal (some spots on Esamir, and a couple spots on Indar), and more time is needed to cross the gaps. The hunter cloak is also more forgiving with its timing than the NAC, in that it allows for a more lax playstyle. I run this cloak on my VS, since I mostly play overwatch for my outfit on that character.

Just two cents from a long-range standpoint. If you want thoughts on cloaking for close range endeavors, I recommend talking to Jawarisin or YEHHH1g, as they know more about the close range game than I ever will. (You could talk to elusive1 for this too, but his kamikaze playstyle isn't for most people xD)

-Stay Frosty
  8. Ximaster

I have the default sinper rifle,the SAS-R,the autoscout and the Gauss SPR.

But i prefer beign stalker infiltrator,but seems that while i use this cloak i die in seconds in a middle of battle :(
  9. Ximaster

I send a PM to her,hopefully can help me,the only one kills i did with that cloak was to abandoned bases with only 2 or 3 unwarned enemyes. In large scale battles i die like a rat before i say "hey!" to a targeted enemy... Still i die if only 2 or 3 enemyes in map since the cloaks can been seen in close quarters...

About hunter cloak,i have 5 lvls mastered,i only need 500 certs to master at maximum,and i did more kills with my SAS R/Gauss SPR than beign a stalker infiltrator,maybe the reason is because i played hunter infiltrator since lvl 0 (im lvl 20 BR). But i prefer beign stalker infiltrator,because i prefer close quarters battles (well i like long ranges,but i prefer close quarters) i test few days ago a LA char shotgunner and im better,but infiltrator is my favorite class.

Remember,i have mastered lvl 2 the stalker cloak (so i cannot run much while cloaked) and i have the Rebel pistol with laser sight (i put out the silencer caused slow rate of fire) so,all tips here are welcome.
  10. salembeats

A common misconception with the directive snipers is that they're "more powerful" than the T3s.

In reality, they're only *slightly* more powerful up-close than the T3s (and less powerful at range).

At 165+ meters, a T3 sniper rifle will do more damage than a directive sniper.

I remember how frustrating my experience was with the Bighorn until I realized that it should be played like a cross between a T2 sniper and a CQC bolt.

Anyway...

NAC will allow you to survive a headshot from a T3 sniper as long as you're further out than 83.5 meters. 643 base damage is the magical amount of damage where you can survive a headshot using NAC if you have full health + shields, and this is the distance where a T3 sniper reaches that damage. A directive sniper extends the distance you need to survive a headshot with NAC to 106+ meters, and a Railjack is actually the worst thing to go up against with NAC, killing an infil in one headshot at 150 meters or less regardless of NAC.

Here's a nice complete reference of all of the sniper rilfe damage profiles overlaid on top of one another.
  11. salembeats

To add more detail to my last post, here's a link to a spreadsheet I created detailing the guaranteed OKHO headshot ranges of the various snipers against various classes (including against Infil w/ NAC):

http://ez-link.us/ps2-sniper-ohko-ranges

NAC is most useful for NC snipers, since you'll never need to face counter-snipers who use the Railjack.

Another interesting fact: The directive snipers and the Railjack are the only snipers which can guarantee a OHKO against an HA using Resist Shield -- at anything closer than 33 meters and 43 meters, respectively.
  12. Kirppu1

That is against geneva convention you monster
    • Up x 3
  13. Ximaster

So,Nanocloak have better protections against the small caliber guns??? Such as a.rifles or pistols???? How works this cloak??? Can i use primary weapon??? Or runs like the stalker??? How is the duration of the cloak mastered with only one lvl??? I didnt understand much about this cloak,so my choice was the standard hunter or the stalker,but the nanocloak seems annyoning and expensive....
  14. salembeats

NAC has a shorter duration and longer recharge compared to Hunter Cloak.

Those are the only drawbacks.

In exchange, you get 30% damage reduction while cloaked (including against headshots, something that Nanoweave Armor doesn't protect against) as well as no "shimmer" effect when being hit (NAC will make you more difficult to track while moving when being fired at with an automatic weapon).

Note that this 30% damage reduction does NOT stack with Nanoweave (it used to back in the day, though).
  15. Ximaster

Well,seems that im standard infiltrator,with hunter cloak,primary weapon and the last notice ive heard,shield recharge up. I said about this cloak (the nanocloak) in the game and one guy said "Nanocloak + Nanoarmor or HUNTER CLOAK + SHIELD RECHARGE UP"

Since im better with primary weapons (yes ive tryed,and tryed,and tryed but seems that slatker cloak game mode its not for me) and i had lvl 5 mastered the hunter cloak (i only need 500 certs to master at maximum) and now im going to put shields recharge up,i think im going to be a "good" infiltrator.

The weapons ive had in my arsenal of primary weapons was: Gauss SPR (my favorite),SAS-R (did some kills more than Gauss,but if u are not a player from another dimension like elusive1,u cannot do much in close quarters) AR-24 Stalker (the auto scout,low kills and im very bad with this) and NC-24 Volt Driver (or whatever is named) this last one i did not do any kills,maybe 1 or 2,because times of this character creation date,the game send u a test of questions and depends of ur answers,the game show the best class for u,and he show me the infiltrator. With this,it gives me the SAS-R,a camouflage and a 1 day xp boost,so i go from start with the SAS-R.
  16. MisterSlim

I derped there. I should've included a statement regarding damage at various ranges, but since I normally stay around the 100ish meter range whilst sniping (unless I'm on my VS, in which case, I'm at whatever distance [GOTR] wants me overwatching from, otherwise it's all 'bout the NC and fast killin'), it didn't cross my mind xD.

Thanks for picking up my slack there, salem, I owe you one. (Also, my bad for not mentioning your name in the above list of references. You seemed to be more the go-to for Flash related stuff, which I'm sure the OP isn't yet interested in xD)

-Stay Frosty
  17. _itg

For the weapons you listed, hunter cloak and advanced shield capacitor is a solid enough combo. However, I personally prefer the grenade bandoleer with EMPs any time I'm going to be in close- or mid-range combat, since those things are incredibly useful and cheap enough to spam a bit. For sniping, it hardly matters what suit option you use, since you're at a safe distance. I go with the ammo belt, since I do run out of ammo reasonably often, but if you don't, ASC would probably be my recommendation.

Keep in mind the SAS-R is still quite useful when used as a traditional sniper rifle, rather than as a sort of precision pump-action like you see in elusive's videos. You can do a lot of damage sitting at about 75m with the 4x scope. The lack of sway and fast RoF make the weapons really convenient to use.
  18. salembeats

Appreciated!

As my career character "TheFlashAndTheFurious", I've also auraxed all of the TR-available pistols, snipers, and SMGs (and am #1 worldwide for overall kills with the Armistice, I might add). I'm far from a one-trick pony. Re-rolled a new character to play with the TRAP exclusively, too.

You can pretty much come to me with almost any Infil question. Consider me an all-rounder with particular preferences.

P.S., the OHKO spreadsheet was updated, since I didn't realize at the time I made it that Sniper Rifles have a 2.1x Headshot Multiplier instead of 2x, and Resist with 100% HP stacks differently than what I originally had.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ximaster

Yea,i do more kills with the SAS-R than the Gauss SPR,i learn how to aim to head quick at some cases,in others i need 2 shots on body.
  20. MisterSlim

I'd reply to this by linking stats (from anything but my VS main, it was my learning account, so it's awwwffuulll, aside from being #2 worldwide for Parsec kills), but I normally delete alts fairly often (and I'm too lazy to link things xD). My NC alt (can be found in the sig) is in the top few % worldwide for just about all the sniper rifles in terms of KPH. Not a good enough SMG user (yet) to even mention those xD. I plan on not deleting this NC alt, since I joined [GOTR]'s NC branch with it. Does this mean we're both in the Cool Cloaker Club yet? xD

-Stay Frosty