old cert screen ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterDk78, Jan 13, 2015.

1. MasterDk78

This you promised us back.. long ago.. don't make promises you can't keep. Most people don't like that!
    • Up x 8
  2. MasterDk78

For you new guys in here who knows nothing of the old cert screen, it was where you could see all the upgrades.
    Aka what it would cost, and what kinda bonus they would give.

That was very useful info before you spent your certs :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Toorop68

Read a lot of posts about that...

After a break, I started to play again Planetside 2, and I simply had NO IDEA where to spend my cert points. There was this Leadership Cert window, but nothing on the profile! And I only read today that you actually have to go in the Classes tab, select your class and then click on Ability, Suit, etc

I was so mad, clicking everywhere, looking dozens of times at each tabs! I think I even clicked the Grenade tab, but as it didn't remind me at all the old system, I haven't tried the other options (which don't really look like they are clickable..). So after 2 gaming sessions, I spent my remaining 500 cert points on Accessories...

I really thought at some points that I had spent the max amount of cert points for my class! But them found strange that I couldn't check those spent points, or what Ability had how many points, or even to create a new guy...

Also the last time I played before my break, I had two C4, and now only got one left (and didn't get the cert points back). But I guess this is a different story ;-)
    • Up x 1
  4. LightningPro

They want that you invest Certs for useless Equipment.
    Only logical reason I see for removing this screen.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scorponok

yea i never understood why the heck that was removed...was it because it worked well? so they had to take it away...and spread everything all over the place...want it to be friendly to new players...put that tab back in...because searching for everything is just a annoyance.
    • Up x 1
  6. InsaneLinguist

My theory is that the old cert screen was deemed somewhat confusing to the average console player. I have no idea how is that possible. Otherwise, I see no logical reason in removing the old screen.

Edit: PS4 release was a certainty since day 1 iirc.
  7. Mefi

Use this site: http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/ - remake of old cert screen, directive viewer, etc.

Of course it would be great if the cert screen returned, but at least we have this great site.
    • Up x 1
  8. Toorop68

Oh wow! Thanks a lot Mefi for this link!