Okay, Blueshifts are kinda absurd

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grumblefern, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Paragon Exile

Glad I don't have triple your K/D and SPM in the MAX, that might make me complacent.
  2. MAXArmar

Blueshifts are pretty silly, yeah. There's a reason I auraxed them thrice.

Although lately I've been taking out my Cosmoses more often. While according to the stats they're inaccurate as ****, they don't feel as bad as I expected. And seriously, for clearing a room they are way better than Nebula's. The ammount of dakka combined with relatively slow ROF and 167 dmg model = pure love.
  3. Flag

Nebulas with ExtMag are the best room clearers, with their RoF + DPS.

I'm not sure what to make of your claim though..
    "Amount of dakka" and "low RoF" aren't really compatible terms, not really
    Yes the Cosmos' has a lot of damage before reload, but that said they're both inaccurate and with mediocre DPS. If you empty the Nebulas, are still alive and there's live enemies in the room they're probably asleep/beyond awful, and your choice of gun is largely irrelevant in that situation.
  4. Chewy102

Never needing to stop shooting goes a long way in clearing a room. You kill those up close and have ammo to force those in the back to run if you don't out right kill them. Reset the COF time to time and you got a NASTY sustained weapon that will either kill, force the enemy into cover, or make them wait just a bit longer in counter attacking when you are open in a reload thus giving your team time to do what they do.

The weapons fit their roles nicely. Nebula has good alpha and can kill fast. Cosmos has great sustained and can kill or suppress at your choice. Blueshif are just "DAMN" at picking off targets. And the Quasar is a good old middle child, nice in everything but good in little.
  5. Flag

Point was that he claimed they were something they're not, not really.
    Sure the Cosmos' has sustain, but it's not the best room clearer, nor do they have dakka (high damage throughput/rof). That's the Nebulas' field. As a frame of reference the Nebulas will last for a bit over 10 seconds of sustained fire. If you need more than that to establish a room breach/clear, I personally wouldn't expect the less dps/lower accuracy cosmos guns to have their lack of a reload of the same frequency to really matter. It really boils down to this: If you live long enough in an active fight to run out of ammo on the Nebulas, you should technically be dead if the enemy even fought back. And then if you're not dead, your side had enough of an advantage to make any choice of weapon largely irrelevant (as long as you used AI guns).
    In the first example the notably higher DPS and greater volume of fire is of much greater importance than the sustain. In the latter, neither aspect is important; your side would probably win regardless.

What's really funny to me is that the cosmos is even more inaccurate than the Nebula. That's plain old hilarious given the Nebula's role as the CQC bullet hose.
  6. Hoki

I didn't read this thread, but no max buffs.

No max buffs at all. Ever again.

Give more incentive to play and use weapons/vehicles that people don't like to use ever.
  7. Chewy102

What kind of MAX do you play if you can't last long enough to mag dump Nebular? Nebula fire rate is 7.1 RPS and is just over 7 seconds to mag dump, 9.8 seconds for extended mags if I recall right. You are either using the weapons outside of their range/bad aim to inflate their TTK, picking the wrong targets to focus first, have NO support, have no armor for AI fights, or fighting some VERY stacked odds.

No way in hell should a MAX be expected to die before needing a reload unless he is either a lone wolf or against extreme odds.
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

So as much as I like Blueshifts... Mattlock slugs are insane.
  9. Flag

People actually fight back... ?
  10. taxidriver

They cost a lot of certs, do less damage than the default and the RoF also isn`t incredible - just for the gain of no bullet drop. But you`re right, i also feel kinda ashamed sometimes when i play drunk, like an idiot, mowing down entire squads with a VS-max.
  11. Flag

Actually, the true advantage of the blueshifts is that they don't drop damage over range (143 no matter how far away you are).
    And they're a bit more accurate than the other VS MAX AI guns.