Ok, this game is unplayable with this population unbalance...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nahwel, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Nahwel

This was from around 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Right now is even worse, on Esamir where the alert is on right now, NC pop is 50%, and NC world pop at the moment is 48%
  2. Schwarzpferd

Today on waterson was interesting. For several hours straight we had I believe less than 10% of the pop on amerish and after getting steamrolled by NC, TR came in. Thing is pop was so low throughout the entire day my xp bonus was up to 160% so yeah I got about 600 certs today, but when you consider I could only get them in 4 or so regions by vs warpgate I cant say it was exactly fun.

Though a big annoyance is what vs we have, obsess with indar and the crown it seems, or esimir, both of which cause me to lag horribly. I have done everything I can to reduce lag and it doesn't work...so until they switch the warpgates again looks like I will just be hugging the gate at amerish.

Still can have some fun though so I am keeping my head up. Like today, sure there is more NC than anything else but two reavers tried to kill my scythe today and as I turned around in the air my eyes were treated to the beautiful sight of them running into each other while trying to keep up with me.:)

However I think the most annoying thing (even though I am trying my hardest to not be annoyed) is the nc player mentality. Trouble is I have no more respect for them to lose. They seem to act like we are supposed to just deal with it. I have never in my life got the feeling that the opinions and concerns of others matter to NC. Sure you can hate all you want with RP but nc, I have found, tend to hate the enemy player and think nothing of them. Reminds me of a time back in PS1 when an nc max was cheating, teleported into gen room killed it then because he had rof, reload, and cof hack he killed all us who came to repair gen so NC took the base..in my anger I sent a tell to the last nc to kill me legitimately and said, "Must be nice to win because of a cheater on your side." To which I got the unforgettable reply that made me forever hate NC, He said, "Well that is not fair, now I will get less xp for base capture."

All in all what I am saying is, like I said in my last post, I will keep playing, there is still some benefits but it is getting worse. The arrogant nc mentality is keeping me here only because I want to kill them. It bothers me somewhat that the nc response to this and the NC in general have sparked such feelings of hatred within me...it bothers me that my addiction to this game is 90% based on my desire to see an NC die. Oh well I should digress, but to those of you that say not all NC are bad...I know. I am aware that 99.99999999999998% make the rest look bad. I hate to be like this but the facts speak for themselves. I have never received a nice tell from an NC after a good fight, win or lose, and some of the meanest and most hateful things I have ever heard on the internet came from NC players. At least the TR know how to compliment and be nice...one TR sniper applauded my effort that ended his sniping spree and killed him...oh well I am vs. Just got to deal with it. Nothing else I can do.

I would seriously like to see the following changes put into place:
    1) one empire limit per server, or at least 2.
    2) twenty four hour timer between switching to a char of a different empire (stop the switching to other empires just to be on the winning side)
    3) The larger population if it exceeds a certain amount gains penalties...things like longer respawn times or something. You cannot just give bonus to underpop if you want to curb the problem. Experience gain loss would be good too and it makes sense. Think of it like this, if you wanted to learn how to fight hand-to-hand in the real world, what would teach you more, fighting an enemy one on one or having you and 10 friends beat one enemy up? So yeah longer respawn times and less xp makes perfect sense...you don't learn much in the real world when you zerg and all the respawns would put a strain on the sundies and the like.
    4) give all empire's anti-infantry maxes a good close range weapon, medium range weapon, and long range weapon. By adding powerful shotguns to TR and VS you made jackhammers less annoying. I would like to see same for scat maxes.
    5) Add an option to mute all incoming NC tells in which I didn't send them one first. I have yet to hear one that was nice or non-insulting... If you guys want to play NC that is fine, but stop making it a habit to send hate tells when you kill me....:mad: Or maybe I am wierd for thinking the tell system should be used with enemies for sending compliments for a great fight or giving tips in a respectful manner to an enemy that you killed a couple times.
  3. AxisO7

The idea is that penalties like this will stop the team-changers from switching to NC, stopping the problem in the first place. So you then don't get punished, and the server is relatively even. Win win.
  4. Nahwel

I share your thoughts here. I also have no respect for the NC, and mostly because of this: "They seem to act like we are supposed to just deal with it". Overall, they are mostly (not all of them) cocky ********.
  5. Nahwel

The report of today. 10:39 am CT
    World population:
    [IMG]

Esamir population (with alert going on):
    [IMG]

As a side note, I want to add that the majority of the NC encountered are Asians. Now, this has become a very painful situation, and I wonder when this is going to be fixed. They NEED to get their own server. They lag, they make us lag, and mostly, they hack impunity.