Ok, this game is unplayable with this population unbalance...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nahwel, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Nahwel

I agree with most you say. And mostly with the faction pride. I tend to be like that; I chose VS and cannot see myself playing any other faction, I don't know why, must be my personality. And also, that was one of my thoughts, that people would switch over to the NC when the alert is on, but I don't understand this concept. If my main character is VS, and then I create another on the NC side just to get the xp, why do I care to get xp for the NC if my main is VS? Do I explain myself? I guess I don't get the reasoning for getting xp on the toon that is not the most important. Now, it would be cool to make it not possible to have different characters on the same server. I would like to see how it will affect the unbalance.
    • Up x 1
  2. Akarynth

Also can be attacked from any direction and will find plenty of things to shoot at you! - from every direction.

Usual Briggs alert event population stats!

[IMG]

NC has been winning over and over again for the past couple of days, with populations of the other factions participating getting lesser and lesser, I was rather disappointed with being TR facing off 10 to 1, having a single squad to hold off against multiple platoons zerging, I even switched to Vanu just to have better odds at trying to deny the NC their dominate victory, but even they're super outnumbered by several platoons worth of NC and get over run.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ultramarine

Not from your server so I don't have a perfect perspective, but that population shot shows nothing. I see that all the time, on off hours a group begins to take an area and the other two bail out almost entirely. It doesn't support an argument without all 3 continent populations.
  4. Blackinvictus

Sad but true. Just finished an alert on Briggs Esimir. Started out a bit exciting, but once a faction loses the tech plant, most of them leave and wind up warpgated. Feels a bit like a hollow victory to me. I love running in an air squad and I love NC. Was much better as an underdog to me.

Even saw multiple people spamming in Region chat to "hurry up" this evening so they can jump on their other faction toons.

I dont get it really...
  5. UrMom306

yup all the servers have a crazy amount of NC, if everyone rolls an NC toon then there will be nothing for them to fight, then the devs will have to do something about the problem.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ultramarine

I don't like this at all. 4th faction needs to go back where it came from X_X I've been NC since day 1, even through the VS outbalance and TR numbers, and being on the side that's got too much power is no fun at all
  7. Dhart

The problem is I do know what it's like... NC were making the exact same argument against TR for the first 2 months of game-play... when TB, etc... was on Waterson prepping for the 'world domination fight' they advertised for.

Today it's NC, tomorrow it might be VS or TR. It's not going to end. Whomever is perceived to have the edge... will have population advantage.

All you can do you move with the flow or take a break.
  8. Patrician

You seem quite angry but I'm sorry but I don't see who you're angry at; or rather why you're angry at the NC? People choose a faction and play it, they make their main character under that faction; it's the faction that they want to play. What do you expect them to do; voluntarily stop playing their main character just so you can have a more even playing field? Why don't you stop playing your main character and re-roll on a different server?
  9. Llaf

“This is always the NC Helios fanboi defender's response, "Don't like it? reroll somewhere else" First of all, is it wrong of me to want the server which I have dedicated the most time to, have the most certs on, and have my main character with which I spent most of my SC on, to be a better and more balanced environment for all parties involved? Second of all, don't you see that people from TR and VS ARE rerolling off the server and/or quitting the game every day BECAUSE of NC overpop? Don't you see that your faction literally has so many people in it it is actually causing others to leave the server or the game entirely. Don't you see the fact that your population is steadily growing and causing the things stated previously to happen is further compounding the problem? If it continues at this rate, there will be NO ONE left. I hope you enjoy capping empty bases all day until the final last few people leave, in which case all 3 continents stay blue permanently, NC gets bored and starts crying about how there is nothing to shoot, and quits the game. Congratuations, you have destroyed PS2 Helios NC! Helios NC players, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, stop trying to justify your ********.”
  10. Patrician

You've not answered my question at all; if you're not prepared to re-roll a new character on a different server why do you expect NC players to do so? Why should they? They're are playing their characters for exactly the same reasons you are.
  11. Kookamunga

hehe , they sure do love those easy certs and flying TV's!!!!
  12. Llaf

I never said they should. Again -

“This is always the NC Helios fanboi defender's response, "Don't like it? reroll somewhere else" First of all, is it wrong of me to want the server which I have dedicated the most time to, have the most certs on, and have my main character with which I spent most of my SC on, to be a better and more balanced environment for all parties involved? Second of all, don't you see that people from TR and VS ARE rerolling off the server and/or quitting the game every day BECAUSE of NC overpop? Don't you see that your faction literally has so many people in it it is actually causing others to leave the server or the game entirely. Don't you see the fact that your population is steadily growing and causing the things stated previously to happen is further compounding the problem? If it continues at this rate, there will be NO ONE left. I hope you enjoy capping empty bases all day until the final last few people leave, in which case all 3 continents stay blue permanently, NC gets bored and starts crying about how there is nothing to shoot, and quits the game. Congratuations, you have destroyed PS2 Helios NC! Helios NC players, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, stop trying to justify your ********.”
  13. Nahwel

Well, the problem does not seem to be the people whose main char is NC. The problem is the new people that starts to play and chooses NC because they see how the win all the time, and the people who has a main character on TR or VS but then when an alert is on or the NC has more chances to cap a continent, they switch over just for the points.
    Like I said before, an extreme measure would be to put a population cap on NC, or even prevent any person from joining them until the numbers even out.
    • Up x 1
  14. Emotitron

[IMG]

No problem here at all. This is 20 minutes into the current alert. Can't leave the warpgate without getting hit with flak and lock-on warnings.

L2P.
    • Up x 1
  15. Nahwel

Oh, look at that. Seems like the alert finished 1 hour and 15 minutes earlier.... I wonder why?
    This is certainly ridiculous....
  16. Fredfred

SOE needs to simply gray out the NC faction on the select faction screen for a month. My main character is NC, and even I am getting sick of this ****. I used be able to find good fights all over the place. Now it is just a HUGE NC zerg ghost cappping everything.
  17. Alarox

Holy hell, you people are idiots.

^ Attention getter. Usually when I post the actual information about a discussion people just scroll by it and keep on spreading misinformation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=22

Your arguments are pointless unless you can offer evidence to the contrary of the above. All I've seen so far is:

1.) Anecdotal evidence that is completely countered by the above.

2.) Screenshots of world populations at off-hours, which can be done to "prove" that all factions have overwhelming population.

3.) Screenshots of map populations which prove nothing because there are so many variables you haven't shown. I've seen times when the VS have 25% overall but have 70% on a map. Does this mean VS is overpopulated? Obviously not.

/thread
  18. Morpholine

Generally it means TR and NC are tunnelvisioned on each other at a bio lab somewhere (frequently Allatum).
  19. Emotitron

Eh? What?

That spreadsheet is from last month, so the numbers are getting worse - and even it shows an NC pop of 37% to TRs 29%. Next server stat release I bet shows closer to 44% NC and 27% TR. The only time alerts are balanced is when they happen during early evening when the balancing kicks in for the alert continent. Most other times - its just free certs for NC.
  20. Alarox

It's been 3 weeks...

You guys act like NC just got the population advantage out of nowhere and is growing like cancer. NC/TR have always had the population advantage, but over time NC got slowly and slowly more % of the population. Almost unnoticeably. But it doesn't mean people are joining the NC like most of you love to talk about.

If you guys knew anything, you would realize it's not about NC getting more people. It's about the Planetside 2 population shrinking by 50%. You don't even spend 10 minutes researching before you complain about something.

The best argument a single one of you has made is that on off-hours, some factions have overwhelming population advantages. That is it. Nothing more, nothing less.