Ok, this game is unplayable with this population unbalance...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nahwel, Apr 16, 2013.

1. dabic202

Lol ok maybe not end of case, but this one is kinda funny and outside the argument that i hope i finished, i kinda do the same as you because before, i literally allways got destroyed when i got a vehicle or aircraft... By... Schytes... Laser rockets... But after i ot my top or side armor Taddaaaaaa problem solved.

And by that fact that i think the schytes is OP (But its only in my head since i cant really find any good arguments for it to be op) i allways focus on destroying Schytes, and my kills are idk havent checked, but i guess 49% VS and 49% TR and 1% NC from when i started did some terrible mistakes inside spawns...
  2. KanoHe

40% VS 40% TR 20% NC On Indar...
    is not 1 sided battle , it means 80% NC population get of indar during alert to camp sh*t out of Esamir/Amerish.
    But despite alert, those numbers arn't even close to 10% vs 10% tr 80% nc WORLD POPULATION on Helios
    so shut up and go play on different server with lower NC pop or REROLL ! ...or go away troll...
  3. Nahwel

No, just because I don't like to pay the headless chicken running around shooting ****. I like the strategy and everything. Yes, perhaps there is a lot of NC to shoot at, and crap, but that's not what I want (only).
  4. Llaf

This is always the NC Helios fanboi defender's response, "Don't like it? reroll somewhere else" First of all, is it wrong of me to want the server which I have dedicated the most time to, have the most certs on, and have my main character with which I spent most of my SC on, to be a better and more balanced environment for all parties involved? Second of all, don't you see that people from TR and VS ARE rerolling off the server and/or quitting the game every day BECAUSE of NC overpop? Don't you see that your faction literally has so many people in it it is actually causing others to leave the server or the game entirely. Don't you see the fact that your population is steadily growing and causing the things stated previously to happen is further compounding the problem? If it continues at this rate, there will be NO ONE left. I hope you enjoy capping empty bases all day until the final last few people leave, in which case all 3 continents stay blue permanently, NC gets bored and starts crying about how there is nothing to shoot, and quits the game. Congratuations, you have destroyed PS2 Helios NC! Helios NC players, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, stop trying to justify your ********.
    • Up x 5
  5. dabic202

I were not talking about specific Indar, i were talking in general. Im not even playing on Helios, my friend does, he says he loves it and he plays VS...
  6. Nahwel

My thoughts too.
  7. dabic202

That comment made me dont even give a ** about the problem... I were trying to be nice in the start and help then all out of random peoples start to try saying that the NC should be the only one to fight against... again NO :)

GOODBYE EVERYONE OF THESE TOPICS I WILL NOT COMMENT ANYMORE BECAUSE I KNOW I SHOULD NOT TRY TO HELP TR OR VS...

i dont care about future posts against me i will not change my opinion =D. When i play on Woodman, hmm lets see often. VS and TR has most NC least. do i have a problem with it? nope =D
  8. Llaf

I feel as if english isn't your first language. I will put it like this and hope you understand. The posts you have made do not appear to attempting to help. I feel as if you are not fully understanding the discussion and so I will say if I offended you I apologize, I do tend to get hot headed, especially about things that matter to me. However what I do get from your posts is that you don't agree with me, which is fine, I just don't think you understand what you are disagreeing with me about.
  9. Nahwel

Congrats! Seems like the way the game is right now fits you. Sadly, that's not the case for most of everybody. Now you can go ahead, keep playing, and not bother to answer threads in which your thoughts are not going to be very welcome.
  10. Pikachu

You americans are all too much the same. In Europe we are more mixed and have better population balance. :)
  11. dabic202

I see what you say, lol im from Norway xD, but i have had english since i was 3 years even though i think i didnt pick up anything before i was 5 maybe, but i can alot english literally everything (wtf lol), but back to the point i just cant seem to find a way tha this problem can be fixed because i just see problems after those fixes and then they get fixed and new problems keep coming. Thats why adn thanks for now finally understanding, understanding enough to make me happy at least and for making finish with the argument/fight, i hate those.
    • Up x 1
  12. Leopard

I don't mean to be rude, but it's pretty hard to follow what you're trying to say, probably your main language isn't english and that's fine but your points being made can be easily misinterpreted.

On a different note the biggest issues I find with pop imbalances is gaining new players, and if they implement cont locking it wont help.
    -New players will more than likely choose the faction with more pop because it's easier to win
    -New players will be less inclined to play under pop. factions as it's harder to fight multiple enemies at once and on-top of learning a new game, it's just too much IMO for a new players to stay playing as TR/VS (relating to Helios).
    -If they introduce cont locking NC will cap everything they can during off hours. This can really bring down other factions from wanting to play because what's the point of trying if NC will just take the fun out of the game by doing it when barely anyone is opposing them. It is a good tactic none the less, but it's not that fun being consistently on the receiving end of that treatment when you can't combat a large pop. with another large pop. in off hours.

These aren't solutions they're just explanations that I believe can lead to a) new players joining NC more than other factions b) people will play less as frustration will settle in over time. If you don't think an overpopulated faction causes some sort of stress or frustration in being the opposing faction over time, please explain why. I dunno about you guys but if a game get's annoying because of things I can't control I would be more inclined to play a different game after a couple of months.
  13. dabic202

Dont you dare talking like that! xD, but seriously you didnt understand me and please behave calm through a topic unlike i did at some posts.
  14. Morpholine

What about a negative XP modifier once a faction tops 40% (Globally)? One that increases the more population dominant that empire becomes?

The bonus for low pop empires becomes the carrot, the penalty for high pop empires becomes the stick.
  15. Pikachu

Here is Cobalt. Much better.
    [IMG]
  16. Knight Hasen

We just ended an alert 40 minutes early because NC's 84% pop capped the entire continent.
    • Up x 1
  17. Nahwel

Yep, I just saw that, I was there.... This is out of control...
  18. Parasox

Your solution is to reroll on another server? That's not an option for many of the players on Helios, and those in similar situations on other servers. I suggest you roll a character on a low-pop faction and see what it's really like to be on the receiving end of a 30-50% pop advantage day in and day out.
    • Up x 1
  19. Leadamse

I believe you took this screenshot last night. I was there. Guess what team? Yep, NC.

I agree with OP. I would like to win by skill and not by shear numbers and steamrolling everything. To some on the nc it's fun having a huge advantage and curbstomping everything. But to me, I like a challenge. The only real benefit that I get is 10k exp every 2-3 hours.
    Even then, I'm fairly new to the game, I should not be getting as many certs as I do. I've played this game FOR A TOTAL OF 20 HOURS, and I'm already battle rank 20! Why?

Because There's 3 of us for every 1 of terran and vanu COMBINED.

In the morning though, Terran and Vanu win more often, because they gang up on NC. A move they basically HAVE to make or NC would win 95% of the time. "At least NC didn't win" has become a common phrase amongst our rival factions.

The answer is not to nerf the NC, we have recieved too many at this point. SOE simply needs to re-balance the population. Give people incentive to play Vanu or Terran. Especially on Helios.

Hi fellow NC, I'm not certain you really understand what's going on here.

The reason you play Helios (Implying you do) is because it's a US WEST server, soon to be THE ONLY ONE. (Because of the merger)

See this just proves you don't know what OP goes through on a DAILY basis. If the vanu and the terran own plenty of land. that's TWO factions! Completely different! Plus you still own land beyond the flippin warpgate! You only get exp if you can actually deploy somewhere where there's fighting!

@OP

I'm sorry bud, I may have killed you a few times during our fued last night, the chances are pretty high considering how many vanu there were.

My only advise for you is, when the alert comes, switch to indar, unless the alert is on indar.

It's unfortunate that I can't give you a better answer.

But this is a problem that is not easily fixed. We need to propose ideas gentlemen, whining about it will get us nowhere. As I am certain SOE is already aware of the problem and trying to resolve. NERFS WILL NOT WORK.

My suggestion? decrease the spawn times of all air, tanks, and maxes for teams that have less population. Also decrease the respawn times. Best I can come up with in this short time.
  20. FA18

Everything seems ay okay on Mattherson, things are really competitive there (to the point of mass drama).