Ok, this game is unplayable with this population unbalance...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nahwel, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Nahwel

Just look at this screenshot. 62% NC world population! I know this is in the morning (CT), and that it is off hours, but some of us can only play at these times. It's nearly impossible to do anything, there are NC bursting from the ground. Something needs to be done!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Cougarbrit

Looks like just another bughunt to me.
  3. Knight Hasen

Ah yes Helios...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  4. Seuchensaal

Think positive: You can attack in any direction and will find plenty things to shoot at. :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Llaf

We here in the TR feel your pain. I've actually taken to just ignoring you guys altogether(even if I see VS, I just leave them alone now, if they shoot at me I yell at them to go kill NC) and killing NC exclusively. We don't need to cause each other more pain by killing each other, essentially aiding the NC in total server domination. I wish there was some way to get our two empires to mutually agree to a temporary cease fire, together we have more than them, but it won't happen, too many people, too many variables to get something like that to happen.
    • Up x 3
  6. Knight Hasen

But the alerts... Alerts consist of TR and VS fighting for second, since NC could literally station a Platoon in every territory.
  7. dabic202

You can't really do anything about it...
    But as Seuchensaal said, it actually is good for you that NC owns everything, think of all those NC peoples you can eliminate, all those generators, all those etc.
    And then il ask: How can it be fixed? lol i dont mind it to be like this at all i am NC lol but its not fun for us when it is like that, Nothing to do dude! only defending... I could come up with tons of reasons why that is not a worthy case. sorry dude... but this time im not gonna agree with you.
  8. dabic202

Lol we have all noticed that... still we rule, even when you guys have increased fire rate and decreased bullet drop etc. we got some benefits too offcorse... ;)
  9. Llaf

If you have any idea what it's really like for the other two factions on Helios, you will leave this thread right now. Nothing you can say will justify 50-60% NC population at almost all times, and the fact that you would attempt to justify and defend that fact as acceptable is completely arrogant.
    • Up x 3
  10. kengsim

Yes, this problem pisses me off too. I'm VS on Connery and TR usually have about double the numbers compared to VS. You'll often see TR with 45-50% population on the server and they will just steamroll the other factions. PS2 is already suffering from a zerg-wins mentality and this makes things worse. There should be a NEGATIVE resource/cert gain for factions that are dominant and exponential gains for those that are outnumbered. This will encourage new players to sign up with the smaller factions, rather than join the TR zerg.
    • Up x 1
  11. KanoHe

And i'm wondering where 4th faction is ...
  12. 13lackCats

I'm seeing mad exp bonus.
  13. dabic202

*Facepalm... Didn't you just see what you wrote?
    ''even if I see VS, I just leave them alone now, if they shoot at me I yell at them to go kill NC'' <-- Like... You sir have not understanded the game right, sorry but yes... (Now be happy im one of those few peoples who says sorry after things like that)
    ''We don't need to cause each other more pain by killing each other, essentially aiding the NC in total server domination'' Tell me how to fix please? xD and this: ''We don't need to cause each other more pain by killing each other'' agan dont udnerstand the concept of the game...
    '' I wish there was some way to get our two empires to mutually agree to a temporary cease fire'' No, just No... it destroys the game so so so much... just NO. Sorry i had to post that but i felt like something had to be done if they put a max amount in percents or players from each faction the game would still be so wrong, if theres 33% on NC and 9% VS and 17% TR, if theres some guys or one guy that wants to join that place or spawns there he cant come in... its full... <-- see my point? i wont argue anymore because its not even worth it, the game is good as it is, pluss if that happened to me i'd definatly be happy... i could kill and take so much...
  14. dabic202

Nope, dont even think about it xD
  15. dabic202

Thank you, You understand my point. :)
  16. KanoHe

• Up x 4
  17. Llaf

This is a bunch of bs, you are trying to point out to me something that 1, I fully understand, and two, you obviously don't. You say no to a cease fire between TR and VS, you say it will ruin the game. Is that not what your faction is already doing, and has been doing for months now? If TR and VS were to team up(won't happen), we would be on EVEN footing, you see the caps there? Thats to emphasize just how many of you blue bastards really are infesting and destroying this server.

And to prove my point, I would like to suggest you look at my players page, its LLaf, not i, two L's. I have about 1k more VS kills than NC at this point, although my NC kills are catching up. Guess why I have so many VS kills? Oh gee, could it be because the VS used to overpopulate and overrun everything, just as the NC are doing now? It wasn't this bad when the VS were dominant, and I still fought the NC, albeit rarely, but I did attack them when I saw them(which was hardly ever back then, they never really came past Zurvan). It's so bad on Helios right now, I am actually choosing to ignore the intended 3 way free for all in favor of putting as much pressure on the faction that is overpopulating and destroying the server as possible. Why attack the VS when they are in just as bad of a spot as we in the TR are? Attacking the VS as TR right now only serves the purpose of furthering NC server domination, and thus, I don't do it, I ONLY KILL NC.
  18. dabic202

Ok, here it goes.
    At the start when i start to play theres allways 20-40% TR, 20-50 and 20-50 NC, now, this: NEGATIVE resource/cert gain for factions that are dominant and exponential gains for those that are outnumbered... NO sorry... End of case really...
  19. dabic202

Start at new, change server problem solved everyone happy, end of case... -.-''

See what i did there? Not so hard really... ;)

PS: at the server i play at theres allways like 30-50% VS, 25-50% TR and 30-52% NC... Do i care those times the TR or VS has taken over 40% Each so they have 80%? NO, im actually happy because it means more xp for us.
  20. Minimum Force

Wait.. where does this massive imbalance of just TR come from on Connery? Usually the VS are the smallest faction with TR in second and a larger NC population. Sometimes the TR does get up to a large population but that's usually when the VS are off playing on Indar while NC and TR are busy going at it on Amerish or Esamir.

Now as for the OP's point yeah I hate to see the VS at the bottom of the barrel. What can be done to balance it out? Right now no one really has an effective solution for that. But SOE will "eventually" move forward with their Helios and Connery merge so that should help in some way. I would personally like to see the populations balanced and the massive zergs reduced.
    • Up x 1