"Ok guys regroup to spawn we are gonna make a MAX CRASH"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Mar 19, 2014.

1. UberBonisseur

AKA the magic formula to winning bases.

Just came out of alert.
    I just ragequit after being stomped by a dozen MAXes, and then our leader called for a counter-MAX crash because there is no other way around it. Doesn't matter that I blew up three of them in one well placed C4, they had green mages.
    If you're too poor to pull your own, you lose.

In other words, infantry gameplay revolves around MAXes.
    The holy trinity exists in PS2 !

/halfseriousrant
    • Up x 8
  2. Areski

It's too bad there aren't AOE AV weapons to deal with maxes like C4, rocket launchers, and mines.

The problem really is that a MAX crash is about the most organization a zerg can muster, so they happen fairly frequently. It should follow that some amount of organization is required to counter them, since they organized to form a MAX crash in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dis

Valar morghulis.

There is no direct translation from High Valyrian to Auraxian...the closest I could come up with is "all men must crutch."
    • Up x 2
  4. hawken is better

This is where PS2 should copy Titanfall; adding specific anti-MAX weapons. Rocket launchers just aren't cutting it considering the fact that a MAX can simply run away/hide and get repaired or autorepair. Of course, if you actually do manage to kill it, it just gets revived.
  5. TomaHawk

I find it absolutely stupid that Claymores (yea, whose explosive is C4) doesn't seem to do sh** to a Max, while C4 brick decimates them.
  6. Koldorn

[IMG]
    • Up x 20
  7. cruczi

Allow lock-on AV rocket launchers, including Striker and Annihilator, to lock onto maxes within X meters. Damage less than default dumb fire. Give maxes implants that extend the lock-on duration, allowing them to either retaliate or Charge to cover.
  8. Drudid

this would actually be kind of cool, i mean you can still dumbfire a max with the ground lock on launcher anyway, but for those pesky "pounder-on-a-hill" situations it would be quite nice,
    and no one is dumb enough to complain about annihilators being used in biolabs, in fact 10 internets to the first person who kills a max inside a biolab with an annihilator
  9. Lunawolf

You are very correct when you say infantry gameplay revolves around MAXes. They need changing, big time.
    • Up x 2
  10. Sulsa

Even though I rarely play as a MAX, this sort of complaint of "we can't do anything against a flood of 'X'" tends to make people think of how an individual can respond against this scenario, rather than as a group.
    The tools exist to counter anything in this game. It's the communication and organization of the people on the receiving end that ends up losing the exchange.
    • Up x 2
  11. wave

WE DONT LIKE TANKS
    WE DONT LIKE LIBERATORS
    WE DONT LIKE REAVERS
    WE DONT LIKE HARASSERS
    WE DONT LIKE LIGHTNINGS
    WE DONT LIKE MAXES
    I GUESS WE ONLY LIKE TROOP TRANSPORTS AND MACHINE GUNS
    • Up x 20
  12. Latrodectus

MAX suits could be fixed if they would simply reduce their turn speed drastically. That's literally all it would take.
    • Up x 1
  13. UberBonisseur

This is all fine and dandy but we responded as a group and didn't have enough MAXes.

Why ?
    Because when two dozen MAXes rush out of the spawn room, you have approximately 5 seconds to react until they reach the control point and **** on your whole squad (unless you had three dozen MAXes).

Look at the average size of outposts in PS2 and tell me what you're supposed to do.
    Not just outposts, but Biolabs, Tech Plants, AMP stations are just that small.

Sure you could say:
    "But you can use super advanced tactics to counter that ! There is always a counter !"

Keep in mind that with great organisation comes a great ammount of preparation. You need time, you need effort.
    Effort that is nearly nonexistent in a MAX crash (other screaming the title of this thread in a Microphone)

In PS2, it's often more productive to mindlessly bumrush the enemy if you have superior numbers because for every "formation" that an organized group can pull, you've already spawned three times already.

If this game had any half decent mechanic to prevent Vehicle spam I wouldn't mind.
    • Up x 1
  14. Metalsheep

MAX !rashes have always been a part of Planet side strategy. I don't think they are going to go anywhere.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

and in PS1 there wasn't C4 that instakilled MAXs its equivalent, the Boomer, took 3.
    • Up x 16
  15. Fenrisk

I don't agree. The max is a situational unit, only good in a organised "balanced" group and easy to take out by a smart enemy. Waves of noobs won't do it but one half way decent heavy or LA with C4 sure can. There is a reason players don't use max's all the time and part of that is they are often a short term solution to pushing back the enemy and unless he has a pocket engy or two hes no different then your average infantry grunt. Without support even a group of max's will fall like a house of cards as they need constant repairs.

It's not that hard to run into a group of 3 or 4 max's drop C4 and blow them and they support up because they are often slow to react and their support is focused on them. They need babysitting to be effective :p
    • Up x 3
  16. Whatupwidat

Personally all I think it'd take is make them slower, and make them non-revivable by medics. Literally would solve it IMO.
    • Up x 3
  17. Fenrisk

If the enemy is stuck in their spawn room and requires a max crash to get out and to the point then you have far more then 5 seconds to react. You will have team mates looking at the max's spawning in the room and gathering together for the charge. A good 30 seconds to take in the scene before they advance.

When you see the max's gathering together dump 2 C4 on the sides of a doorway they are bound to come through and CLICK for easy certs. You don't need max's to counter max. Just a couple blocks of C4 will ruin their charge.

Most of the time though the enemy's too busy camping the spawn room like sheep to care if there a max crash coming or not. Thats the only problem here and its not max related.
    • Up x 2
  18. UberBonisseur

I don't remember having that much of a hard time against MAX units.
    They had a hefty ammount of limitations, particularly the move and rotation speed

And we had AP bullets

The resource cost and the fact that not everyone has a +50% resource boost

The resourceless peasants attend to the MAX.

That's funny because I've played LA all day and I've never killed that group of 4 MAXes you speak of.
    Sure I killed plenty of them but I don't get a C4 refund coupon whenever they get rezzed by a green mage seconds later
    • Up x 1
  19. Taemien

Bulldog > Max Crash

Doesn't work in a Biolab, but for other bases it works great, especially from Galaxies.

Also let the MAXes have the point. Kill their engies and medics. MAXes can't take points. Let them sit in the capture room while you continue to lockdown the spawn. Eventually they'll get decimated (pun intended) enough that you won't have to worry about them.

The trick to stopping a MAX crash is to identify when its coming. See a MAX in spawn, then another then another? Announce it! Let your people prepare for it. If everyone gets their C4 and Decimators ready, you can stop the MAXes before they even get to the point. The point is, you need to act like you're working as a team to stop a coordinated push. You don't have to act like a zergling all the time. Grow a pair and take charge, or at least tell someone who will.
    • Up x 2
  20. Fenrisk

I have no resource boosts, nor have I ever used any and I'm often sitting on 40 blocks of C4, 40 mines, 40 anti-tank/max nades, 40 claymores, 40 frag grenades, 40 revive grenades and 40 medic kits. I might dip down to 30 or 25 blocks of c4 in big extended battles if there's plenty of juicy targets to sneak up on or we haven't got many bases but I have not ran out of C4 vsince the first month of release. Least not since I was below BR 5 or 10 lol

The medics are often clustered in there with the max's and die with them. I really don't see the issue.
    • Up x 1