Official Striker Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diewoe

I love how the people that "don't play TR" try to play down the pitfalls of the lock on Striker. Me being a person that has played all factions notice them like the day/night cycle. No Max kills, No Inf kills to many counters that were not built to counter lock-ons its just the game physics. Unique terrain to make the game better than a flat static play field become counters to the striker but are bonuses to the other two. The Vanus weapon is better than the Striker right now because it is more versatile ( Max/Inf Kills + ESF ESBT and super fast flight, charge hiding pop up and insta fire.) The NC's you peek over a rock see where the people are at crouch down fire up while hiding from harm and guide into a Inf for a insta kill.

I have died more from NC's RL than snipers the past week and the Lancer on a 3 charge will set your head spinning. My accuracy with VS and NC' ESRL are double that on my striker and i also get max and Inf kills. It was a nice highlight reel of 4/5th dead tanks you finished though and a nice editing job to remove 90% of your deaths when trying to use it :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Shockwave44

Then I guess I'm just way better then you are. Otherwise post a video of you using it.
  3. Diewoe

Nice video, you showed going against tanks on open ground or high up in a choke point and air again on open ground. those are the only time this weapon is useful. Now try and use it lets say on top of a tower at Paris amp station LMAO . Also i saw no tanks or Air using the games built in counters add that in to the "average terrain also" and you might start to see the problem. Those were some bad pilots and tank drivers. There is only one part of the map that is so wide open plus you had more than 1 striker in almost every video. you were not the only one doing damage with it, i mean look at all the Striker rockets on the same targets. Again the strikers tracking of air is worse than bad and i noticed many of your tank shots "hitting the ground" as you fired all 5 and were getting the red X on maybe 2 or 3 of those.

Lets also remember that you can not shoot a Max or inf with it. Now you see just how LIMITED it really is. DERP

My hit rate on VS and NC with the ESRL are double that of the striker. I did not see skill in this video i saw taking advantage of the only time the striker works well. That is 3 to 4 of them being used on open ground or against players that had not adjusted to flares and IR smoke yet. Also 1 Striker rocket does about the same damage as a 1 charge Lancer.
    • Up x 1
  4. Diewoe

Nice mature response, you just validated everything you were trying to prove in one sentence. two thumbs up, you sir win the interwebz.
    • Up x 2
  5. Shockwave44

What more do you want? I took it out for a spin and ended up at rank 11 when I was finished. It will never be perfect in every situation but when I did use it, it rocked.

BUT THEY DIDN'T! Stop saying what if. My god you guys really are spoiled.

I also did not always have more than one striker... dude did you watch the whole video? Stop making things up. It's right there for everyone to see.
    • Up x 1
  6. Shockwave44

Then you missed the boat. What I'm saying is how can the TR complain about it when I was rocking it in the video FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER? Words are cheap, post a video if you think it sucks.
    • Up x 2
  7. PS2Freak

extract from my prejudice-book :

[tr perceive themselfs as victims. everybody else is op, and they are underperforming.

perception is one thing (labile people perception is labile...)
    facts are another thing.

tr play victim to not get striker nerfed.]
    • Up x 1
  8. Shockwave44

Now, if I had a problem with it or if I found it difficult to use, they would have seen it in the video and I would have commented on it. I find it funny though that a VS player is the one to post a video on it.

My picks would be striker, phoenix and lancer, in that order. With the lancer being way, way in the back.
  9. HadesR

10. zib1911

I don't know how you guys can defend the striker. Its straight garbage. The only time it is any good is in groups against air, you can get pilots to flare while saving the rest of the rockets. The whole tracking where the target is going to be is stupid. If we are going to get a no skill lock on launcher at least give us one that can actually hit, If you start shooting at an ESF, if he just boosts in a straight line, your last 3 shots miss. No evasives just a straight line. I am prolly going to get flamed for saying it but it is the crappiest launcher of all the ones the TR can get. I have all the TR launchers and I don't use the striker or anni. Their crap.

Edit. Not to mention that if you start locking on to some one it can be broken by anything. Rail, bush, friendly troopers. Really very underwhelming
    • Up x 1
  11. Shaolungbao

Thanks for the video.. it is pretty clear that if you were using a striker during the lancer portion you wouldn't have even gotten a shot off; meanwhile a lancer in the hands of the striker portion would still have a chance.

this is exactly why no hipfire mode for the striker is too imbalanced. phoenix and lancer both can fire anytime.

striker needs the stars to align in order to fire, to use a wish in order to fire ALL rockets and THEN we still need a miracle for more than 2 rockets to hit a moving target.

Also, i don't see your point.. it's obvious the other 2 have a longer learning curve. I mean you stress the fact that it's your "first time ever!!!" but really, what do you think is going to chance your second, third or thousandth time? nothing.
    • Up x 1
  12. ObsidianSoul

They want us to always use flares and smoke, while their vehicles can run with anything they want. They want our ESFs to constantly dive and execute impossible maneuvers when engaging in open terrain, while theirs are free to rain death on our ground forces. They tell us our ESRLs are way better because we can hit infantry and can dumbfire, while infantry costs nothing and vehicles have timers and steep resource costs. And all of it is clearly contradicted by the statistics they keep quoting, where the stiker excels in everything except killing infantry. And that's negated by the fact that you'll all be basically infantry farming with your vehicles once strikers get rid of our support vehicles anyway.

If you think the striker's really that bad, ask SOE to let us switch weapons with you. We'll gladly give you the lancer. You can use it for laser shows.
  13. Slyguy65

You guys did PERFECT on the striker...granted you pissed a lot of TR off that bought the annihilator...way to say "LOL BUY THIS ONE NOW"

But by itself it is actually great. IMO its perfectly balanced, it does fair damage, not too much not too little. VERY nice killer/deterrent.

As much as people say they want dumb fire

DO NOT

I REPEAT DO NOT

Give them dumb fire. People will cry OP OP OP OP so fast you will have no choice but to make it horrible

Anyway just balance the other 2 out which it looks like you are, keep at it.
  14. LoneDog

The striker needs Dumbfire
    If its considered OP make Dumbfire Fire 50-100% slower

As it is now its the only, ONLY ESL that needs to have a lock on
    You cant:
    1. Kill maxes with it
    2. Damage/kill infantry
    3. Lock-on when Smoke/flares is out
    And also Rockets Fly low so any aircraft can just dive to the ground to avoid missles
    • Up x 1
  15. DanMan3395

Right except a lock has to be maintained to keep the missiles on target so ESF's that aren't morons just fly away.
  16. Vixxing

enough said and u say Lancer is dangerous in groups? Pathethic u dont even need to be able to aim any 8 total n00bs can do the same...
  17. toxs

So my lightening goes to 50% faster than any other weapon, besides the LIB.
  18. Papio

Please don't post other peoples videos as your "proof", nobody in that video is a n00b.
  19. Vixxing

I didnt say that i said any 8 noobs can do the same thing since lock on weapons require 0 aim... (i dare that Lib pilot to pop his flare and get out of there or the sunderers to be skilled enough to survive that with smoke or otherwise)
  20. ObsidianSoul

And you think we are?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.