Official Phoenix Launcher Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. ninzor

OK..WE NOW HAVE THE ONLY ROCKET THAT DOESNT 1-SHOT INFANTRY. THANKS FOR CRYING LIKE LITTLE GIRLS TILL YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED.
    NERFED AND I WANT A REFUND
  2. SgtBreastroker

I agree, community always need something to complain about.
  3. PlanetClown

Agreed that waiting for more statistics would be better. I believe SOE nerfed the Phoenix OHK Infantry not because of the loud crying of the red and purple but seeing the in-game statistics.

Even with the nerf, I was still killed by the Phoenix a dozen times last night, while being killed by snipers only three times. I think it needs to be nerfed further against AV-turret. It's an one shot kill and the AV turret is large and you have to be stationary to use it. This would easily take out of the fun of buying and using AV turrets.

As a decent sniper myself, I know how to make the snipers' aims difficult by habitually moving around. I did a lot of practices in Warpgate with measured ranges (using the personal way point) long before the VR was available. (BTW, XM-98's bullet drop at 250 meters is about 2.3-2.5 mil-dot without suppressor and 4.5 mil-dot with suppressor, with 12x scope, in case you want to know) I myself could get a fair ratio of head shoats on stationary targets but could only get a body shot on a moving target maybe once or twice in 100 shots. If a weapon gives a much much better long range hit ratio to a newbie than a good sniper rifle in the hands of a well practiced sniper and someone still don't think it's unbalanced, come and play the other factions and experience the feeling of the receiving ends.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ceiu

Seriously mate? Have you even used the thing?

Firstly, the operator is completely stationary while piloting. That's just as bad as your AV turret example. The AV turret, however, can absorb damage taken from the front and protect the operator. It also fires much faster and can output much more damage. Bad comparison here.

Secondly, I think we can both say that we can easily pick off stationary targets at range with our weapon-of-choice, and can probably do fairly well against moving targets, so long as the target's movement is consistent. The same can be said about the Phoenix. However, if the target's movement is erratic, both of us will be missing on our long-shots with a sniper rifle, Shrike AND THE PHOENIX. While it can be piloted, it does not stop on a dime, make 90 degree turns or even make sudden adjustments.

And finally, what newbie is running around with the Phoenix for more than 30 minutes? Do you honestly believe there are swarms of new players making NC players on your server and then immediately dropping 700SC so they can pick off infantry in one of the most inefficient ways possible? Come on mate... think this out a bit more rationally.

These aren't like the Redeemer from UT -- I wish you guys would stop acting as if they are.
  5. Messaiga

I don't think it is underperforming actually after using it a ton today. Just today I have killed 3 mossies and a scythe with the Phoenix, killed tons of armor (No numbers but it is a lot), about 2 Max's, and a handful of engis in turrets.
    • Up x 1
  6. Papio

Tracking is off on this launcher I'm seeing the rocket fly off screen to my left just to have it gib me.
  7. Mxiter

Yes, english isn't my native language, i might do some mistakes by typing, but i don't think being so bad. Is that matters?
    Are just the native english speakers telling smarts or logic stuffs?

-Conditions are drawback for the striker and the lancer:
    Striker have a lock-on system that gives warning.
    Lancer chan charge its shots only after seeing its target.
    Both are Conditions and are mostly drawback. (80% for the striker because of the "noob friendly")
    -I am not stating the actual Phoenix OP, i think it's as performing as the striker, even maybe more but that's all.
    I prefer waiting new IG statistics for getting conclusions.
    -Needn't to be a zerg to OHK any vehicles: 5 coordonates phoenix users arn't a zerg and most of outfits, even the small ones can do it.
    -5 shots were enouth to destroy a sunderer and others ground vehicles just MBT front or upgraded armor could resist to 6 hits. This is a combined arms game: Infarty is not supposed to solo a vehicle wich cost ressources and have a cooldown.
    Now it's 5HK max every ground vehicles. I have also no issue with that.
    -IG statistics proved that 60% of the phoenix kills were infantries. That's why SOE nefed it.

Yes, it's 300m range limited by the gale engine.
    But it's pretty hard hitting weapons now, can be fired from cover and hittig out of vieuw range.

Annhilator/Striker/Lancer.
    Everybody get it.
    Use dumbfires rocket to kill infantries. Phoenix still removes 75-80% of infantries HP (750/1000 or 750/1125 with nanowheare).
    You deals as much damages that a Lancer full charge against infantries but lancer need a chanrge time and takes more risks because need a direct line af view to fire.

Phoenix looks fine forr the moment. I hope getting new IG statistincs in 5-6 days.
  8. PBRStreetgang

i think we just need to accept that because none of the Dev's play the NC they can only cry about us killing them, they cannot see the drawbacks that the weapon had when they balanced it. They have blinders to the fact that it killed infantry, and their launchers would not, so they wanted it removed the same as the regular public players did, and without Dev's to back the NC they got what they wanted in a day. It just go to show that they listen to complainers, but if your a Dev the crying goes straight to the ears of God.
    If we had any Dev's that played the NC they could counter the complaints made against it by noting it's many shortcomings, and the fact that these shortcomings were why everyone used the rocket against infantry primarily rather than tanks. The Dev's could have balanced the complaints rather like the VS Dev's did when their tank got nerfed.
    I have now seen the the down side to this Factional game that i love; if you choose the wrong Faction at the beginning you are screwed. I have spent too much time and money working on my NC faction to make changing to the favored Faction too hard, but i now wish i had started as the VS, they not only get cool gear and equipment but they seem to have most of the Dev's on their Faction so they are never going to suffer a bad nerf to their gear, and if they do it will quickly be reversed and then buffed just like the Mag Riders were.
  9. HadesR

Still not sure if the damage to an ESF is to much or not .. But everything else is pretty good atm ..
  10. Feydakin

Post nerf I have played nearly 24 hours straight and I think I can count the number of times I got hit by a Phoenix on one hand, and I got killed maybe once. Compared to pre-nerf where I lost count of the number of times I got killed and saw other infantry killed by Phoenix. On the flip side, I have seen a lot more vehicle kills via Phoenix as people learn how effective they actually are in their intended role... funny how that works. I applaud those NC that have adapted and blew up my full sundy earlier today with one. ;)
    • Up x 1
  11. Mxiter

Nice observation.
  12. Beartornado

Phoenix is working as intended. Infantry who stupidly stand out in the open making for easy targets are likely to be wounded anyway, so you can still snag a kill.

Even if you don't kill them if there isn't armor it's one heck of a harassment tool when your shields and a small portion of your health are suddenly gone.
  13. Kon

to make it turn better it would need to be slowed down considerably, only thing that could solve that is variable velocity ie player pushes W or S to speed up or slow down rocket.
  14. Irondove

YOUR KIDDING RIGHT!!! dont buy a weapon when it comes out...if its not balanced why the hell did they release it? and about guiding it around corners...sounds like youre jealous and would only feel justified if your empire also had the capability...mm i wonder if they'd dare nerf it for say the vanu....dont see many of their guns get nerfed....
    an interesting fact about the pheonix is that if you lost control of the camera, the rocket which would in reality have continued along its trajectory....but in this game it disappears.
  15. Irondove

gosh i wonder if theyll get round to nerfing the uppercut...or fixing the Claw's hit detection.,,,,probably not. Just wouldnt be fair
    • Up x 1
  16. dr_Fell

It's SOEish explanation (I guess it SOE's) - but I guess, that even if the cam mode won't work after certain distance, there's nothing that won't let the rocket fly further without cam... It is hard hitting, but it barely can catch lightning that is running away. The distance is really short and very often my rocket disappears just before target.
    2nd thing - we really NEED possibility of going out of the cam mode manually - often when I don't hit an enemy ESF, I am killed because I can't move when my rocked flies into sky

So Lancer can't one hit kill infantry as well ? That's fine for me then, that Phoenix can't.
  17. HadesR

Pressing E exits cam mode ..
    • Up x 1
  18. Raap

Fix the invisible Phoenix projectiles please, you can't react to that which you cannot see, thanks.

Regards,

Frustrated player #64178.
  19. TheMercator

Ever tried to hit an ESF with a weapons that slower than the ESF itself?
  20. Mxiter

It looks pretty hard to hit ESF, i agree.
    It's a nice punishment for hoovering ESF.