Official list of LMG changes by the devs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodo123, Jun 1, 2015.

1. prodo123

There are people like me who absolutely hate Reddit and all that it stands for. I would not have known about this change without all the posts about the "upcoming changes" in this subforum because the devs did NOT add this to the wishlist/in development thread here.

Please, stop neglecting the official forums. Make official announcements on both Reddit and the forums.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/37njed/lmg_changes_coming_to_pts/

Big takeaway: Orion/Betelgeuse lose their 0.75 ADS. They get slightly more accurate through smaller horizontal tolerance and constant horizontal recoil. All CQC LMGs (MSW-R, Anchor, Orion/Betelgeuse) are getting a hipfire CoF buff.
    • Up x 5
  2. 00000000000000000000

Not 100% certain yet.

Everything except butcher changes are subject to being cut or changed.
  3. prodo123

So are things in the wishlist.
  4. Scr1nRusher

You would be surprised.

Overall all the changes are very good.
  5. 00000000000000000000

Oh I was just mentioning it.

You are right they should stop ignoring the official forums.
  6. 00000000000000000000

The Orion becoming an MSW-R without SPA is "very good"?

Forget actual balance, this throws out TR & VS being different at all, when our best LMGs are the same damn thing.
  7. Scr1nRusher

I'm talking about the changes in general.

Also they should give SPA to the Orion.
  8. 00000000000000000000

At the very least.

But its still sad that 2 of the factions have the same close quarters LMG
  9. asmodraxus

SVA88 becomes a Pulsar LSW clone and we all know how much that is used.
    Polaris can now use the Flash Suppressor because thats whats been killing its users... I mean seriously its about as useful as the decoy 'nades.

So the way to fix the reliance of the VS on 3 weapons (Orion, SVA88 and eventually Betelgeuse) is too make those weapons worse and make no actual meaningful changes to the others whist buffing the Anchor (because for some reason the most over performing gun needs a buff) but then it is on the hipfire only so no real change other then the velocity nerf.

As for this patch as a VS I'm going to say ok as long as the NC and TR get EASY mode added to the start up and VS get hard mode when selecting characters or empires...

Reason

Least effective LMG's after this patch
    Non existent Max ability
    Least effective MBT main gun (DPS Prowler locked down, Prowler unlocked, Lightning, Vanguard, Magrider)
    Least effective Tank (its reliant on stealth ganking and only stealth ganking) and is reliant on the second gunner.
    Least effective starting pistol
    Least effective MBT AI secondary
    Least effective Harasser AI
    No clear design focus on its empire ability, seriously does anyone know what the f*** it is these days? TR fire rate, NC fire power, VS no idea?
    Least effective Empire specific sniper rifle, but then TR also got shafted here
    • Up x 3
  10. DorianOmega

This and increased reload speed or better hipfire, better then that of the MSWR because if the changes go live (as they should) the VS should still have the dominant LMG, at least stat wise.
  11. Shanther

Use Reddit, way better.
  12. Grumblefern

WTB 167dmg / 600 RoF

Flare or Ursa IDGAF

Also LSW still sucks and Polaris is still hilariously bad.
  13. ChUnKiFieR

I'm with you pal. I won't go anywhere near Reddit, Twitter or Facebook to name a few and neither should anyone else if they have two brains cells to bang together. Don't think that stuff won't come back to haunt you someday it will. Bad sh*t always does!
    • Up x 2
  14. prodo123

Reddit is a meme-filled cesspool of arrogance driven by the desire for some "karma points" with which you quantify your time on the internet. It's superficial, it's vain and ultimately meaningless. It's arguably one of the worst things to happen to the internet.

EDIT: It happened yet again. Why isn't conquest mode in the "In Development" subforum??

At least this time it's on the forums, but tucked away in the PTS announcements: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-5-28-conquest.226689/#post-3193351
    • Up x 2
  15. Drag0

This is why I stopped playing PS1 less and less and less to eventually I stopped all together...

I could care less about the weapon changes - I can find something I like and can shred with either by changing factions or loadouts.

Catering to the damn cry baby whiners almost TWO YEARS and after extensive beta testing! SCREW YOU GAME BREAK GAMES!

Thanks its just in time for summer and I should get outside more.

Have fun playing with yourselves cry babies I'm sure you are used to it.
  16. CMDante

Why?
  17. pnkdth

Pretty sure the only part of this that is "official" is the Butcher horizontal recoil buff. So I wouldn't be too worried/hopeful yet.

Though I really hope the changes to the Polaris is true. With SPA it will do maximum damage all the way out to 25m. The recoil pattern being changed to 17/17 also means it is going to be more accurate. I must say this is a very interesting way of making the 652RPM LMGs good without just copypasting other weapons. High aim players are going to be dangerous with these weapons.

Pulsar LSW needs help though, and with the proposed changes the SVA is just going to be better due to having access to comp/grip and its recoil is easier to control. Preferably the LSW would be remade into something completely different, I'm thinking something like the NC's Carnage AR. For example, 698RPM, supp/flash supp, ADV grip and laser sight, no SPA/HVA. Basically it would be the adaptable jack-of-all-trades choice.
  18. Plastikfrosch

I dont really care about the 0,75ADS of orion/betel/sva. those weapons will still be used primarely by VS HAs and all those whiny 1Faction babys that never tried the other side will see that they will die as fast as before to those weapons.
    Especially i cant understand the TR: They have 750rpm/143dps weapons on all classes and while bursting them trac5 and the cycler are pretty usable over all ranges like the VS/NC equivalents BUT the TR weapons will outperform the VS/NC carbines/AR in close range because of better TTK and more damage per mag.
    The CQC ARs of the factions all have 845rpm and 143dps BUT the TR has 10shots more than VS/NS so 1430 damage per mag more.
    Vanu and NC weapons nearly have the same ttk and acuracy but vanu gets the least dpm therefore faster reload speed BUT every redload is able to break your neck.
    And for those TR-fanboys: you have not only the strongest starter weapons for nearly every class you also get the strongest sidearm. The repeater is as strong as the underboss but is able to get silenced. Also you can have a sidearm as strong as a vanu carbine (inquisitor 143x30).

Yeah, TR has really a reason to whine about the two 0,75ads LMGs of the Vanu which will give 1 class an advantage in mobility but not in TTK while all TR classes have the TTK advantage and dpm advantage.

Dont get me wrong i like playing TR because i like to play all factions BUT i really hate all this "nerf this, nerf that i got killed by it".
    Before you whine about one thing: play all factions play all classes and then you will see the advantages and disadvantages of the factions.
  19. prodo123

Pfft, I'm pretty sure the new Conquest Mode is official.

Let me clear up some misconceptions you have:

1. TR LMGs top out at 750/143. That's the same as the Orion. They have the same TTK while VS has an added benefit of 0.75 ADS. 0.75 ADS potentially gives a TTK bonus since it is harder to hit a moving target; this is where theoretical measures fall apart. NS-15M trades TTK for the same benefit. This, combined with the fact that most of PS2 is CQC, provides more than enough reasons for TR to complain.

2. All of the high damage output LMGs have approximately the same TTK. (600/167=0.552 seconds; 750/143=0.559 seconds; 500/200=0.6 seconds, but 3-headshot kill) You will not notice a difference of 0.007 seconds (7 ms) in TTK.

3. CQC ARs are GR-22 (800 RPM), Cycler TRV (845 RPM) and H-V45 (800 RPM). TR does get 10 more shots, and NC/VS have the same TTK. This does open up some room for opinions I guess.

4. CQC carbines are GD-7F (843/143, 0.498s), LC2 Lynx (909/125, 0.528s), and the Serpent VE92 (845/143, 0.498s). Not only does the Lynx have slower TTK and potentially more ammo used/wasted by RoF, it does have 1 more kill per mag (Serpent/GD7F have 4 kills; Lynx has 5). There are pros and cons to each faction, and this is very clear here. Also notable is that NC/VS have the same TTK.

5. Orion is arguably the best "noob" weapon, with the CARV trailing very close. NC has the best starter sniper rifle, and TR has a very close run for the title of best default AR and carbine with the NC IMO. Default MAX weapons are subject to the user's preferences and discretion as they are very unique. Again, to each their own.

6. Vanu weapons have the least accuracy while NC has the best. This is supported by horizontal tolerance values as well as in-game performance. You will find that the Orion is no match for the CARV and SAW for medium range. Hell, SAW can double as a sniper rifle because it has 0 crouch ADS still CoF...

7. Damage per clip is not a very relevant measure of a weapon because if you're unloading a full clip on a non-MAX target to kill it, then the fault lies with you. Most of the time you will kill 1-2 people, reload, and go in for more. If you're a good player you will also make sure you have at least 1 round left so you get a short reload. TTK and reload time are therefore much more important.

8. TR weapons generally have higher ammo capacity because they usually need it. More dakka leads to less hits, and less hits needs more ammo. Only when the weapons are in the right hands does it really become advantageous, and that's really limited to the top x% of players.

This is supported not only by the numbers but also by my experience from playing all classes of all 3 factions. And from what I know, a lot of players agree with me. Note that half of above is objective (the stats) while the other half is subjective (e.g. starter weapons). Please don't base arguments in misconceptions. I don't like nerf/buff threads either but I definitely cannot stand misinformation.
  20. pnkdth

I was thinking more of the LMG changes which seems to have everyone going crazy. Should probably have been more specific.