Official Lancer Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. BalogDerStout

What's do the other launcher clock in at? Specifically the Decimator, since the lancer and Deci are almost cousins.
  2. Jeralamo

My feed back

the Lancer seems to be bugged.. its not what matt higby showed us in the preview. the animations are not all there and the damage seems lower then in the video, most probably because when you fully charge and fire it 3 balls come out instead of 1. when you aim at something and fire the charged shot 1 ball goes where you aimed and the other 2 are random. they could be left right top or bottum of where you aimed. so with that you can possibly hit 1 out of 3 balls.
    Then of course it will sometimes when you fully charge it only shoot one shot consuming 1 ammo.
    also in matt higbys video he said and showed that you could charge it up from the hip and then fire it aim down sight. you cant do that currently.
    Im betting i missed some other bugs/issues but i only played with it for about 10 minutes and got pissed

I probably didnt say that very well its hard to explain i guess sorry:oops:

NO...read my post lancer is not like the deci
  3. Drippyskippy

The main problem with the lancer is that it doesn't have a niche use. Close range (bio lab, indoors) the Decimator and S1 both are better due to more/equivalent damage, no charge up and better damage against infantry. Outdoors the lock on rocket launchers are better. Mainly because they have a higher chance to hit due to the spread of the Lancer. At longer distances there is a good chance that all 3 projectiles won't hit the intended target, reducing its damage. Making the lock on rocket launchers on average better at longer distances.

The Lancer might have a use if it didn't have 3 different projectiles when it is fully charged. I must commend SoE for releasing a new weapon that isn't entirely OP which has been the track record so far. That being said, the main problem with the Lancer is it does not have a specific advantage in any situation over the rocket launchers already in the game. At least the Striker seems to be a straight upgrade from the current lock on rockets in the game right now.

My experience is from just testing in the VR. However, I can only assume that at longer distances in actual combat situations the lancer's 3 projectiles will miss more often due to moving targets.
  4. FUZZE

To be honest I was expecting to hold a saron HRB on my shoulder. As it stands, hitting aircraft is impossible. Infantry take 2 fully charged shots to kill even at close range.....and tanks...lol....don't even get me started.
    So tell me again why I would spend more SC on this underpowered and slow charging abomination?

I've tried all the new launchers and imo they all need to be buffed...
    Make them worthy of laying down more SC please.
  5. Sebyos

I have seen the missile disappear after 500m a lot. It's complete non sense for a sniper RL. Plus the damage is laughable and the idea to put a blue beam is simply stupid.

With how it is right now, the Decimator is the best under 300 meters and the Hades is still better for range.

The Lancer needs a real buff to be useful at something. As it stands right now TR has one more way to completely destroy a vehicle army and us and the NC are left behind.
  6. cassan0va

For the time it takes to fully charge the damage it does is pointless, 3 full charges to kill a MBT?
    Feels like a Overcharged Lasher without the AOE DMG
    750ms sec doesnt really feel like instant hits, it's more equal to a sniper than a laser weapon.
  7. Revanmug

Making the Lancer fire a single beam as it was SHOWN would already fix several of the problem.

Almost feel like it is a bug than and actual "feature."
  8. Virtia

Decimator at 100m is right around 28 seconds, including flight time for the final missile.

In the Lancer's favor, this requires 5 shots, which you can't get out of a full load without Munitions Pouch. The Lancer has enough ammo to kill a Sunder without resupply and without Munitions Pouch.
  9. deveras

First things first: I really like the fact that all faction get a new unique rocket launcher, and the design of all of those launchers is great!

There is something that needs change, though. As I'm a Vanu player, I just comment on the Vanu weapon.

1. Its damage output is much to low when fully charged (the relation between 'risk' and damage seems unbalanced). - the damage is too low compared to the great amount of time it takes to charge
    2. It's almost impossible to hit moving targets with a FULLY charged lancer
    3. In most cases someone snipes you before you can shoot
    4. The zoom is much to small to 'snipe' yourself

In consequence: the standard launcher is superior in any criteria.

As a suggestion there would be the following possibilities to make the lancer more attractive:
    1. more damage per charge level; or
    2. faster charging times; or
    3. much better zoom
  10. TheUprising

I don't think you know how GAME BREAKING the lancer will be if ever viable. It needs to stay trash, uncounterable weapons don't belong in this game. Or any game...
  11. TheUprising

Oh wah I got a sniper rocket launcher, not the instagib laser that can kill you while you are at your warpgate, wah wah.
  12. cassan0va

Sure its a sniper sorta, but there's no point in sniping if you wont kill what you're shooting at because it only tickle em:p
  13. Zcuron

Rather shameless quoting myself, right? (I have a few additions to make)

Problems;
    1. The designed purpose seems to be long-range - the scope does not support this.
    2. Unable to hold charge.
    3. Unable to cancel charge. (not quite true - you can switch weapons to abort)

Solutions;
    1. Adjustable zoom, 1-5x.
    2. Extend the time you can hold the maximum charge by two to three seconds.
    3. Could use a functionality other than weapon-switching to cancel charge.
  14. Mxiter

1 magazine/infantry with standard shot (less with 1 charged one +1 or 2 shots)

6 charged shots to destroy a sunderer. 32 with semi-auto shots.

1 charged magazine in the rear to makes burn MBTs.
    12 semi-auto shots in the rear to destroy MBTs.
    Hipfire spread looks normal to balance it (need to ADS)

2 Charged shots and 10-15 standards bullets to destroy an ESF

ATM: it's like an S1 with
    -slighty less damage
    -no AOE
    -2 times more damages/magazine with a slower ROF
    -no bullet drop
    -very high velocity

So: worst than S1 at close range but better at medium/long range in any case superior than the Hades/Nemesis wich deals less damages and have an hard a counter (smoke/flaires) and a lock time.
    Nemesis will still be better for ESF i think.

Imo: the charge time need to be slighty shorter and add the possibylity to switch hip from ADS while charging.

PS: i get some bugs while charging.
  15. gigastar

Indulge me in something, what factions do you actually play?
  16. Valeriu

obviously TR. Who dont have anything op at all.....LOL
  17. Shasbot

I won't be buying it. Damage is abysmal. Doesn't matter if the projectile is hitscan, the DPS is still the worst I've used for any AT weapon.
  18. WhiteWolf

Maximum range is.....short. Not being able to pull the scope up after you start charging. The HUGE spread on hipfire (tack this on with not being able to scope). Not being able to hold the full charge before it automatically fires. A full charge dealing only half health to a MAX.

Honestly, compared to the Lancer in the original.... I'm more than just a little disappointed.
  19. Jeslis

Do not buy, terrible weapon. Stick to the.. Decimator (Dumbfire)

Reasons;
    We were shown a lazer charging weapon that could hold the charge, so we could charge this up, then step out and fire.
    Instead of nerfing this by, perhaps making the *firing* take longer ((not instantly release trigger and fire)), they made the weapon AUTOfire at what feels like 3.5 seconds (.5-1second after you get a full charge)

We were shown a weapon that could start charging in Hipfire, and move to ADS to pinpoint our target later in the charge-up progress. You can no longer ADS while charging.

You are a walking target with this weapon, you might as well be running around with your ammo pack in your hands.

DO NOT BUY.

3/22/13
    • Up x 2
  20. Willthekiller

Pros
    -Seems like as a team it could be pretty effective.
    -No warning to Vehicles it targets.
    -Looks pretty cool, nice animations.

Cons
    -Very low damage against infantry.
    -Charges slow and iregular: takes long to get to lv2 than lv3
    -Unable to enter ADS if you began charging in hip
    -The beam it leaves has a very long staying time and is very noticeable, essentially its a giant blue kill me sign that extends right to you
    -The 'laser' is actually up to 3 projectiles together, ie 1 can hit and 2 can miss.
    -Rather low damage, 3 charges to kill an ESF, countless for MBTs, Libs etc.
    - Sound is rather lame for a charge up laser type wep.

Observations
    Hipfire is ungodly inacurate (kinda anticipated this)
    Can't cancel fire (not good)
    Damage % is 20%>50%>100% for charges, meaning you actually get more damage if you fire uncharged shots ( 6x20% =120% damage in total, while a full charge does the 100%, meaning the charge up is pointless.)

Changes:
    Allow enter or exit ADS while charging.
    Allow cancel fire
    make Lv-3 charge do 120% damage, not 100%, meaning it will kill of MBT rear armour in 2 and not 3 hits.
    Sort the accuracy out.
    Single projectile, not 3.
    Maybe slighty Buff damage?

Thanks
    Will