Official Lancer Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Xasapis

Brain fart, sorry. I meant the S1, the default dumpfire rocket launcher.
  2. Jachim

Holy necro thread batman
    • Up x 2
  3. NateTronic

Lancer dmg is BADDD.

Woot 1201 post for this thread
  4. Hrafnagaldr

It will set the ESF on fire and I it doesn't have fire suppression I always got the vehicle kill so far, im most cases even for the pilot. But I feel about the same way, landing to fully charged shots on an ESF requires enough skill to make an instant kill the proper reward.
  5. Eejay

The lancer is fine as it is.

The range is already very long and it's damage is good.

I'm using it extensively. Check my stats if you don't believe me.

It's slightly worse than a dual vortex max at longer ranges, and would totally replace it, if it was to receive a buff.
  6. XTCAndy

I own the Lancer and have been using it. Getting damage with it, is not hard, but getting even a Kill Assist is, and getting a Kill is extremely difficult, and nearly impossible at times. With the new Directives, please consider make it get 1 Kill per 2 Kill Assist which are still hard to get with it.

Increase the Magazine size from 6 to 12 (but keep the overall ammo, or if needed raise it to 24 so you get 1 reload before empty. I have lost a LOT of potential kills simply due to running out and needing to Reload.

Please, raise the damage to 250 for one charge, 500 two charges, 1000 3 charges

Please please consider allowing a Scope (even a 3.4 scope would immensely make this a more viable weapon), perhaps 4x scope at the most. Out of all the launchers this weapon needs it and it would not be OP.

Using the weapon now is basically useless. Sure you get hits now and then, but almost never kills.
  7. XTCAndy

It is NOT worth 1000 cert investment, and it is a waste to spend real money on, even half price. It can be slightly useful in the right situation, but if I were going to buy this as a normal weapon 250 certs seems more of its actual effectiveness.
  8. DatVanuMan

THERE IS A THREAD FOR THIS???
    Praise be to Vanu! Alright then, the Lancer is the SICKEST crap on Auraxis, and I LOVE IT. If I could improve anything, I'd say add 75 damage to each tier, and scopes. That's it:D
    • Up x 2
  9. ColonelChingles

433 days since the last post...

That's one heck of a necro!

I highly doubt they're going to do anything to the Lancer at this point. :p
    • Up x 4
  10. jiggu

Threads should auto-lock after half a year of no posts.
    Anyways give the lancer a scope and a little bit of more damage
    • Up x 4
  11. Yeahy

Some of the changes in the first few pages have actually been done. Nothing to do with your post but nice to know.
  12. XTCAndy

Here's another constructive comment. When you aim with the lancer and charge it up you basically are motionless and you get sniped and shot a lot more than even with a Lock On because with that you can move a little and once locked on the target and you can move. Basically you are more vulnerable firing the Lancer, and due to the fact it does such little damage your better off with a Lock On. The fact you need multiple full charge ups to kill a single infantry, or a Max the chances of doing that once is hard, twice is extremely difficult (much more than necessary) and in a battle you'll probably get sniped or shot before that second and especially a third full charge up. The fact you can tell where this weapon is shot from means a second full charge up and beyond is very unlikely. So then to require it to get a Kill is what makes the weapon so massively weak.

It can get damage, but that is all it does, add little amounts of damage here and there, and a Lock On in the vast majority of situations or a weapon like the Hades which can lock on and dumbfire is much better. It really is not that hard to aim dumb fire rockets. Which I like.

The Lancer if the magazine remains 6 (and it probably should be 9 or 12), but if it does, the damage should greatly increase. This is a weapon that is severely in need of retooling.
  13. Vixxing

2 full charges SHOULD gib an ESF (60% of ESF health/ full charge) also 9 shots in magazine sounds reasonable...
  14. XTCAndy

I would like to see your 'sick' use of this weapon. Please make Youtube videos and post them. Let's see that skill. Keep in mind, it might be possible, but is that the intent of this weapon: for the few high skilled players only and is that why it has a high cost to buy?

If nothing is done to this weapon, lower the cost to a much more realistic cost. Anyone reading this, it is NOT worth the current price unless, you apparently are a player to use it in the 'sick' manner that DatVanuMan will demonstrate. So let the demonstration begin:
  15. Mxiter

The lancer is a straight upgrade of lock ons:

Same damages per shot, lock on time =~charge time

pros: Have 2 shots per mag, no warning, longer range and no counters. Is able to hit aircrafts easier. Can be spammed at close range for better DPS.

Cons: 0.8sec longer reload

Well if lancer needs buffs to get kills, other lock-on launchers (and especially G2G launcher) would need buffs either.

It's hard to get kill with every launcher unless you uses it againt infantry.
    The problem is the directives, not the lancer. The striker and annhilator have even worse issue since it's a lock-on only lancher and can't be used against maxes and wounded infantries.
  16. PWGuy93

Lancer VS22 Heavy Assault
    - Graphic light beams could be toned down
    - Shoots to infinity and beyond (kind of like the AV mana turret used to, and kind of still does in some areas)
    - Underpowered in short bursts, not as damaging as some might consider when fully charged
    - Zoom function twitchy in response to keyboard inputs, sometimes sticks in zoom, sometimes doesn't zoom

I used the weapon for a bit, switched back to lock-ons even in their current state of terrain impacts vs target impacts. Not a fan of the Lancer, sure it hits at range but is more of an annoyance to the targeted vs doing actual damage. If I wanted the feel of a Lancer but the output of a real weapon I'd just load up VS Max with dual Vortex VM21 weapons.
  17. XTCAndy

I agree in that certain weapons: like the Lancer or NS Annhilator should be able to count "Kill' for directives from Kill Assist or a ratio of Kill Assist (like 2:1) as they too are not easy to get.

Why?

You don't get kills from Turrets, though the Lancer is great at doing that too, but for directives they don't count. Change this: make Turret Kills count for Lancer. Otherwise, why bother shooting them and wasting your ammo/time doing so. The XP is minimal at best. Since your time spent hunting Kills, it is waste to shoot at Turrets (unless absolutely necessary) and even then it is not quick to do so.

But, after firing at a Tank, and then later a Sunderer and putting 6 rockets into them, just have to one person come along and then put a little damage on the same target which eventually killed the target, and I got a Kill Assist. I invested all that, for a Kill Assist. So yes, the Directive should count Kill Assist for such weapons (and ONLY such weapons) as "Kill" for directives.

This happened to me on a Flash. I can kill a flash in 1 shot with the NS Annhilator and thus not get a Kill Assist. Great (that is the ONLY target in the game I can basically do that with), but I used the Lancer in the same situation and 1 full charge is NOT enough to kill the Flash, hence someone shot it with a Pistol, and then I shot it once more quickly with a single shot (one charge) and killed it and got a Kill Assist. Really? Really? So I need 2 full charges to kill a Flash!!!! There is something messed up about that. The damage for the thing should be for a full charge up comparable to a Lock On. So it is not remotely OP to have it at least do 1000 damage (the same as those other lock ons) for a full Charge up if the lock on time takes basically the same amount (and I think it is slightly slower).

It would not be OP to have the Lancer do: 300 (one charge), 600 (two charges), and 1200 (three charges). This way a full 3 charge could kill a normal infantry. But a Missile from a normal launcher will do that. (that is why I suggested earlier 250, 500, 1000) but the more I think about it. Some place between 250 and 300 (and 300 probably is fine). 3 charges is risky in the game, it should hurt you when you get hit and it is NOT easy to hit flying and moving targets with so many trees, mountains and other obstacles. I don't find it remotely OP.

So if you disagree, post videos of your awesome OP use of the Lancer and you must be getting actual "Kill"'s not Kill Assists, not simply putting damage on someone, and count up in 1 hour how many Kills you actually get when you really try.

Where and how did you do it?

Impress me with thy skillz.
  18. Mxiter

Rocket directives should be about damages dealt since it's AV weapons.

It's impossible to get killstreaks alone with a launcher, unless you met a terribad lone pilot or farm infantry.

But the Lancer is the 2nd best vehicles killer after the phoenix.
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/items/weapons/subtype/rocket launcher

It's far from UP and still more versatile than the Nix or the Annhi 0.5.

And yes it's no easy to hit fast moving agile ESFs with it (like with any non-AA locker) but others aircrafs are bigger and slower wich makes it easy target for this 750m/s ray.
    You can't imagine the number of time libs and gals are hitten by it.

I had it on my VS toon but didn't really played on briggs a lot since my ping is terrible on this server and my computer quite bad at making videos.
  19. DatVanuMan

1st of all: I got the gold in a matter of two-2.5 months. This is an amazing AV weapon. Just because YOU do not like it doesn't mean it isn't worth the cost.
    2nd of all: I have NO idea how to make videos.
  20. Alarox

Reduce the range to 300/350m.

Before any VS lose their minds, this should apply to all anti-vehicle weapons for all factions.
    • Up x 2