Official Lancer Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Zcuron

Problems;
    1. It's inaccurate while ADS. (sometimes the shot veers off for no apparent reason - makes it unreliable unlike all other launchers)
    2. It has three projectiles rather than one. (this exacerbates the problem of inaccuracy)
    3. Unable to switch between ADS and hipfire during charge.
    4. Damage output per time invested is slightly on the low side.

Solutions;
    1. ... make it pin-point accurate while standing still, moving can have slight inaccuracies.
    2. Either make it a single projectile or make the three occupy the same space so that they all hit or miss.
    3. ... enable that function.
    4. I would reduce the charge time rather than increase the damage.

Stray thoughts;
    When I initially heard of the lancer, I thought it would be cool if it worked like this;

In other words, it could charge the way it does now, but when it fires it'd be an elongated beam. (the duration shown in the video would be quite suitable) It'd be cool, and in conjunction you could reduce the time the trail lasts, as the beam-nature of the weapon would serve the purpose the trail currently does - mark the position of the user.

^_^
    • Up x 3
  2. Xale

Haa, ha ha ha ha.
    • Up x 1
  3. S1eB

More so than the lancer.
  4. Xale

It really isn't. Neither worth bothering for the job mind you.
  5. WetPatch

The Lancer is anything but a Lance.
    • Up x 2
  6. Myka

Agreed actually, I would far prefer a beam weapon, as it would solve the feedback problem and the cone-of-fire problem at the same time.

Still though (and I know I keep going on about it), the most important thing is to let us HOLD THE CHARGE UNTIL WE'RE READY TO FIRE!
  7. Riftmaker

Either increase the damage or lower the charge time. I'd slightly increase the damage so it can 2shot MBT or ESF. The default launcher does way more damage and way faster so there's no point to the lancer. Unless you want to snipe vehicles 3 hexes away from you...and even then as it has been pointed out it's not as accurate as it was supposed to be.
    • Up x 1
  8. Thurwell

Fiddling around with this thing in the VR area it seemed pretty nice. But once I got it out into the real game it's inadequacies quickly became apparent. The same problems everyone else had noted, poor accuracy, poor range, poor projectile velocity, mediocre damage, split projectiles, can't hold a charge long enough, can't switch to ADS while charging.

I won't be using this thing on any regular basis, the old rocket launchers are better.
  9. Oreo202

Did not enjoy trial. Give it a 3.5/10. Not nearly fast enough speed for how little damage it deals.
    Hardly an air sniper, so sad that it does no damage.
    • Up x 2
  10. Cl1mh4224rd

One-fifth damage against front armor isn't too shabby. Even fully charged, you don't want a relatively few Lancer wielders to be able to insta-gib a tank from the front.
  11. Phazaar

Tbh it's the only one I think has been done properly.
  12. bobby_m

Accuracy seems to decrease with charge level. I've had good luck with hitting a base turret at 300m with single shots. Charged up ones randomly went somewhere.
    Feedback: Does not feel good when fired. Huge build up with great sound effects, and when it then misses, is a great disappointment.
    The gun doesn't feel, like there is much skill involved. You can compensate for drop, you can compensate for scope sway (yes, I hit things with my sniper, no matter the breathing) and you can lead, to compensate for movement - but you can't compensate for RANDOM bullet spread.
  13. Oreo202

Have you used it? You haven't used it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Virtia

Because the others are brokenly good?
    • Up x 1
  15. ExarRazor

yea right.

did you even read the damn thread?

shotgun spread on what was supposed to be a single projectile, yea that was done properly

not being able to switch between hipfire and ads when charging, when that was explicitly stated. yea that was done properly

projectile speed about half of what we were told it would be. yea that was done properly.

the only REAL issue affecting phoenix's right now is the dumbfire bug, which will get most likely get fixed within the day.
    everything else is just a matter of learning how to use it properly

haven't seen any real issues with the striker.

VS got the shaft here, pure and simple.
    • Up x 2
  16. Barosar

Aweful, simply aweful.

Terrible damage for the effort. Passes thru infantry and barely grazes them. Full charge if manually fired does very mediocre damage to vehicle, and if auto-discharge from overcharging the damage is like a grazing hit to the vehicle. For a laser-like weapon it pretends to fire straight but doesn't really.

It isn't OP, It isn't awesome, it isn't great, it isn't good, it isn't mediocre, it isn't just bad... It's aweful. Inferior to all other VS RLs. Even a dumbfired AA lock-on.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pikabanga

• The ammo clip doesn't spin as you charge it.
    • The holographic ammo counter on the lancer is not visible.
    • The projectile tracer only shows on other's lancers but not mine.
    • At full charge it fires 3 projectiles instead of one.
    • Bullet spread seems a bit excessive for a LASER CANNON.
  18. Blitzkrieg

Simple fix. Make it like the Lancer from Planetside 1. You know the one that worked, the one that was an iconic beast and was worth using.
    • Up x 1
  19. GalacticBulge

I only played PS1 in beta so I don't remember the Lancer from that game, but when it was first mentioned by the devs my thought was something along the lines of the Spartan Laser from Halo. Anyway, my feedback echoes the opinions of most players.

1. It's inconsistent at range. The 3-orb stuff has got to go.
    2. Damage is low, which would be fine if the shots weren't so inconsistent. Speed up the projectile/increase magazine size or ammo count to compensate? *shrug*
    3. The white/blue beam left over after firing is a bit over the top.
    4. Obviously, the ability to charge while hip-holding then transition to ADS and vice versa is needed.
    5. The ability to zoom would be nice, something beyond the 1x-2x it has now.
    6. Since it takes so long to charge, give us the ability to hold the charge. The damage is low enough right now it shouldn't cause any OP-ness.
    • Up x 2
  20. Prodigal

Charging time takes too long.

Range too low.

Damage too low.

Not effective against Air, only TR have the advantage with their new ESL of being able to hit Air.