Official Lancer Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Autarkis

Lancer seems fine at first use. Will have to see how it plays out en masse.
  2. xmt

Honestly the damage seems fine. It's not supposed to be more powerful than the S1, otherwise it would be p2w.

My problem with it is that the weapon released today is nothing like the version Higby demoed on his stream:

Both the ammo counter and reload animations are unfinished / WIP.
    The random COF spread is terrible.
    There's now three charged projectiles instead of one.
    Can't go from hip-fire to ADS anymore while charging.

Either SOE released an old version by mistake or they have some explaining to do...
    • Up x 8
  3. S1eB

Damage is underwhelming.
    • Up x 6
  4. Prodigal

Given the time you need to load it up to full power, the damage is way too low. Just compare the dps to that of the striker - which is also easier to use since it's lock-on.
    • Up x 2
  5. ExarRazor

simply put, the lancer does absolutely NOTHING higby said it would do when he demoed it a few days ago.

we cant switch between hipfire and ads when charging

we cant hold the l3 charge

the l2 and l3 charges fire 2 and 3 separate projectiles, instead of the single projectile higby showed it would fire

the range is pure garbage, cant even hit stationary base turrets from 300ish meters before the projectiles simply vanish

the tracer hangs around FAR too long and eats up a huge amount of fps when theres more than 3 on screen

cant see your own tracer

projectile speed isn't anywhere near what higby said it would be

ammo thingy doesn't spin

so yea. everything higby said it would do, it doesn't do. I for one will NOT be buying this until its fixed.
    • Up x 7
  6. DeltaGun

My feedback:

This weapon doesn't even work as Higby displayed, and even if it did, it does too low damage.
    • Up x 5
  7. hawken is better

In my opinion, the user should be able to charge the weapon up to level 3 (or 2, whichever they feel like stopping at) and hold that charge until they are ready to fire. It could also do with a projectile speed buff... I was under the impression that this thing was going to nearly be a hitscan weapon. The grouping of the three shots when fully charged also needs to be tighter, or just join them all into one shot (which is what I originally thought it was going to be; one powerful shot, not three weak shots fired simultaneously).
    • Up x 1
  8. WetPatch

Also being on the other end of a Tracer is awful, the beam is blindingly bright at night. I mean its so bright it hurt my eyes being next to a beam.
  9. Autarkis

To clarify what OP is saying, charging the lancer isn't really charging up the power of the shot - it's adding projectiles in a triangle pattern. The projectiles fly closely but separately, meaning that a full charge can do partial damage if one of two or the three projectiles don't hit.

This, in contrast to a single projectile that just gets more powerful.
  10. ExarRazor

said higby.

theres a video on the forums of him demo-ing the launchers

the lancer is SUPPOSED to be a single projectile
  11. huundar

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just so sad I feel like crying but instead I should be laughing that I already spent SC on it. I know, I was stupid and didn't test it in VR first...so sue me. I was feeling nostalgic and was hoping for something along the lines of the Lancer from PS1. Oh woe is me.
  12. NightmareP69

It's extreamly weak, thats the main problem. Same issue with the other two ESRL
    • Up x 1
  13. MrIDoK

The Lancer is the Beamer of rocket launchers, basically...
    • Up x 5
  14. Noktdaz

I think Higby might have demoed the Launchers in a more up to date build, than the one that was released.
    • Up x 1
  15. Puppy

It is fairly weak. Takes time to charge to do max damage. And isn't accurate enough to be used at range (cone of fire). It's pretty useless for me and many other VS I've talked with.
    • Up x 1
  16. huundar

Yep rockets that can't hit the side of a barn at greater than 200m. So much for the sniper weapon. I already unequiped my Lancer and switched back to Deci.
  17. Virtia

It's utterly worthless.

The comparative TTK against the same targets between this and the other empire-specific launchers is an absolute joke. Even if you're at the close range required to never miss a shot from the shotgun effect (under around 100m), it's still the worst of the three launchers by far. Specific problems include:
    --Inability to hold max charge for any length of time to either coordinate with a group or line up a single shot.
    --Extremely low relative damage
    --The shotgun effect is horribly bad. Good luck landing all 3 on the same target beyond 100m.
    --The tracer is ridiculous. You're honestly telling me that the NC, who can easily fire from behind a hill, have a smoke trail that can be reasonably difficult to follow to the point of origin (especially against a light backdrop). You're telling me that the Striker leaves very little trail (although sure, the shots sort of give position away a little bit). And then you're telling me that you can fire the Lancer on the Crown and practically see it from Amerish?

Specific bugs include:
    --No ammo counter on the weapon
    --Occasionally, on fully charging the weapon, it will only fire an uncharged shot, leaving you with 5/6 ammo in the magazine. I haven't

Approximate TTKs vs. un-upgraded Sunderer:
    Lancer at 100m (all three projectiles hitting): 42s (6 maximum charge shots used)
    Lancer at >100m (2/3 projectiles hitting): 48s (7 maximum charge shots used)
    Phoenix at 300m: 43s (easily possible from behind a hill; 5 shots used)
    Phoenix at 200m: 38s (easily possible from behind a hill; 5 shots used)
    Phoenix at 100m: 33s (not easily possible from behind hard cover; 5 shots used)
    Striker at any range: 27s (15 shots used, probably needed around 12-13, but the travel time allows firing all 5 before the first impacts)

The Lancer is awful
    • Up x 4
  18. SpaceKing

Is very nice, but poor range and the removal of the ability to switch between hip-fire and scoped while charging works against it.
  19. S1eB

Compared to the other two launchers the Lancer is nowhere near as good.

The Phoneix
    -camera guided
    -can be fired from behind cover
    -does massive damage
    -is good for AA and AV

The Striker
    -lock on
    -fires a whole magazine in one
    -does high damage
    -is AV and AA

The Lancer
    -has to be charged up to do any substantial damage
    -even when fully charged the damage is not as high as the damage of the other launchers
    -chances of hitting aircraft are slim to non
    -leaves a trail so people can see exactly where you are
    -can't switch between hip and ADS while charging
    • Up x 5
  20. Ramjet249

I will go play TR since SOE can't get the flaming balance right... Played VS since PS1 and now this crap. BR45 and beta.
    • Up x 2