Off-Hours PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RykerStruvian, Jun 14, 2015.

1. AlterEgo

The only reason I'm even AWAKE during off-hours is because of Ramadan, but +1 to anything that makes a battle a BIG battle. 50s-era guy secretly approves.
    • Up x 1
  2. n0pax

I do not mean this with any hostility whatsoever but I really must ask because I am genuinely interested in your answer, why play?

My interest in the game is waning due to the population on Emerald and Connery at off-peak hours which is what it is like on Briggs at prime time. The only reason I still play is because I also do play at normal hours at times when there is activity. Outside of those few hours I rarely play nowadays and I do BF4, Guild Wars 2 or Destiny instead.

If I was in your situation I would have left a long time ago, I just cannot enjoy the game without PvP and you spend the overwhelming majority of your time not PvPing when the population is that low.
  3. Goretzu

That's going to be a two edged sword, especially in this context. On the one hand it will likely help finding a fight at low pop times, on the other it'll likely kill off anything outside those Battle Islands off peak.

I'd have thought there'd be someway to tweak the alert system vs population to lock/open contients with population (maybe not down to 1 contient, but just 2 maybe).
  4. St0mpy

Make a connery account for 00.00-05.00 and a miller account for 05.00-08.00?
  5. RykerStruvian

I thought of that, hahaha.
  6. n0pax

You should heed the advice for Connery, it's good until the alert around 3 am ET ends.

Miller however does not seem very appealing but I have not tried it yet. Better off doing something else at that hour than dealing with those Miller population levels, around 400 people on the server.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ulas

Briggs have 3 continents locked all the time haha :D
  8. FieldMarshall

Wish they had a "mercenary" system, where if a population had overwhelming numbers, players from that faction could queue up and temporarily join the other two to balance things out.

It would also have special directives, rewards and bonuses for people helping the underpopulated factions to make it more appealing.
    Perhaps a reward for completing the auraxium mercenary directive was weaker versions of the default weapons of enemy factions you helped.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nurath

It runs fine for me, I just can't stand it's PITA layouts any more.

Pain to cross country, pain to cross bases, choke-points galore, limited lines of sight & fire, impossible to establish real fronts or perimeters, little room to manoeuvre & infils, C4 fairies and A2G pilots everywhere.

Fun for some, but if only Hossin is open, I'm probably gonna log off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As for the OP, maybe they could go to the trouble of developing "battle isles" for off-peak hours. Small enough to concentrate the low pop, but not as basic as Koltyr.

I remember that "battle isle" continent from Planetside 1, I didn't think too poorly of it.
  10. Halkesh

[IMG]
    2 years and 6 months.
    • Up x 2