Obesrvations regarding FPS drops from GU02

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Wobberjockey, Feb 4, 2013.

1. XRIST0

Same , i really hope further optimizations dont ruin this sexy hotfix .. im in love with the game again

If it wasnt 9am in the morning and i hadn't slept , i would be jumping up and down right now haha .

I was depressed for 3 days , waiting anxiously for this .
  2. -=0v3rkill=-

i am completely fixed with this new hotfix that came out today. finally I get 50fps average through the entire game and not one stuttering. I was in battles and all. steady 50fps average at max everything in 1080p. Later I will test some more.
  3. PresidentFreeman

This is sounding like a miracle patch so far, cannot wait to get home and test it. Bit hasty unstickying this so fast though.
  4. dr_Fell

For me this new patch brought higher FPS where it has already been high and lower where it has been low before GU2. So I am not happy with changes, I have ~15% FPS less in places where I need it (heavy Crown battles) - my FPS went from ~35 to ~30, sometimes a bit less. My gameplay experience is now a bit worse than it was before.
    Overall CPU usage seem to be a bit higher now, though.
  5. Darkfire255

for me most of the stutter is gone, but it still returns occasionally. My fps has got much better, I never drop below 30fps even in the largest of battles!
  6. Miggs

It's made it a little better for me in raw FPS numbers, but I now get more FPS=0 instances where the game locks-up visually, though sounds continue and I can get killed quite easily.

Still experiencing a de-synch after about 10 minutes in-game where I can run through enemies without them even seeing my character but where I can damage them.
  7. Baldrick

Cancel that. I just had an FPS drop that crashed the game.
  8. Rippy

I think I have the highest performance I ever had in PS2 now. Still have to get in a massive battle and see how it fares but its very good.

However there is still something that causes temporary low performance, but it might have to do with the way you changed how the game assets are loaded, since (as far as I can tell) it coincides with entering a highly populated area at high speed (like a liberator). Before GU02 all the transitions where smooth but now I get about 0.5 seconds of sub 10 framerate as the game assets apear on screen. And this is of an decent SSD (similar situations might be even more nasty for platters). But hey if its a nececary evil in improving performance its all good.
  9. Happyfuntime

OS is Win 7 64bit
    GPU= Geforce 460 1g (newest driver)
    4g Ram

Stutter is fixed but on large battles I lag some (10fps) and then flashing blue screen that makes the environment disappear. Has happened 3 times today, once was as soon as I logged in, was able to log out to char selection, log back in, and it seemed to fix the problem. (Memory leak?)
  10. Big Cyz

This is effing amazing, the performance fix from the heavens. A miracle is upon us this day!
  11. Yolanda be cool

seems like deleting config changed nothing. from gu2-hotfix1-hotfix2 i cant play with ultra or max textures anymore, getting freezes on warpgate.
    second thing is even on minimal settings in not large fights fps drops so high cpu bottlenecked. Before gu2 i was able to fight in big biolab fights, but now small fights are 15-20 fps.
    my general opinion is utra textures causes freezes for me from GU2 and CPU usage slightly increased, making even small fights very uncomfortable
  12. Jabberwochie

Had the worst lag ever today (yesterday cal time) about 5 hrs ago. Granted there was a mass of vehicles getting ready for an assualt but fps dropped down to 1-2 fps. I had to log out and back in which solved the problem some what. Episode lasted 1 minute

My observations so far-
    1. Ghost vehicles showing on radar.
    2. Corrupted player spawns/renderings - ghosts running in the air, or just randomly across the screen ignoring physics (rare)
    3. Major drop in FPS when using a vehicle.
    4. Shuddering we did have seems to have cleared up after the hotfixes.

I am running a 4.6mhz 2500k 12gb ram ssd and 7970. Yes at times I am shooting up to over 200 fps on low in lightly populated areas, but in massed groupings things seem much worse than before GU02. Helios server from Japan getting 137ms ping.
  13. DeusExMachina

After patch.
    50-70fps while flying high.
    40-50fps on foot in mostly open areas.
    Not bad in smaller to medium fights.

Massive (4-8 clear 1-2 on target) fps drop while scoping in.
  14. Timeraider

now after the hotfixes etc. my fps at least does not have directional lag really anymore.

Ghost vehicles and players have increased ALOT though.

Havent tried during massive evening zergs yet, but will see.
  15. ANTiKES

just wanna make my post as well to report that the newest hotfix brought my fps performance back to what i was used to.

Like always thx soe. But like i said "always", pls make sure the patches you release are properly tested coz it was the third time now this fps problem happened.

On an unrelated note,
    ive noticed some fps drops in stations like zurvan but only in certian areas of those bases. During beta i had there drops from time to time and than they vanished again after a new patch. Then they occasionally came back after a patch and so on....
  16. NateDiesel

My fps improved with the new patch, then got worse than last week when the fps hotfix (?) came out.
    • Up x 1
  17. Flachzang

Hey guys,

my overall FPS increased with the big patch although there are situations when I hit only 1 FPS, e.g. flying to the crown to land when there are lots of people around. I know FPS drops are normal in those cases but it's worse than before.

Nevertheless, I'd like to thank you staff-guys for listening to the people on the forums and all the effort to make things right.

Unfortunately, there is one more thing which is still negatively affected from the last patch:
    My ingame voice-quality is broken and useless. My teammates tell that it sounds like a mic problem (hardware), like a slack joint, voice crackling/hitching. But this can't be the case because my mic is new and does well in other programs and did well in PS2 before the patch 02. I didn't make a change in the voice-options, so i guess the problem came along with the patch.

If more information is required, plz tell me because the fix would be very important for me. Thx!