Obesrvations regarding FPS drops from GU02

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Wobberjockey, Feb 4, 2013.

1. RazerKilll

for me its unplayable. in the warp gate with no hud. 110 fps low settings. 100 with hud.
    so i start playing around and then stuff start to happen.

first things start to glish.
    at a certant moment the flashing starts.
    fps begins to drop to round 15 to 0
    when the flashing gets to bad i crash to desktop

2. JackD

The cause for the fps drops could be the fps stuttering. Testet it and it seemed as my fps went down after the first stuttering.Can someone confirm that?

The reason for the fps stuttering as i know is, the new Hud, there was a Thread about it, were the stuttering vanished after they turned it of, was confirmed by a few dozen people.
  3. Reithan

And disputed by a few dozen as well. The devs have already stated the stuttering is being caused by more than one thing, otherwise it would be an easier fix.
  4. Keiichi25

For some, they said the Hud being turned off helped. But so far, some said it hasn't helped either. My gut feeling is the customizations and large number of them in a sudden in flux will probably be the major cause.

Customization being the Camo and 'tweaks' to make current gear look nice for a particular person. Introduced in small batches, it seems to mitigate it as it gets loaded a little at a time, but in a massive battle, people trickling into a big fight will suddenly get hit with 'Hey, load this... Load this... Load this...' and it impacts because you are loading in the customizations instead of it probably being pre-loaded in another way. I could be absolutely wrong on that, but it is the impression I am getting with how it is trying to handle the large battle, there is a large influx of "I got to do this..." that hampers the client.
  5. Absolom

New DL is up.

Patch is helping my crashing issue
  6. eshHarn

Running great for me now FPS are up higher than prepatch and no stutter.
  7. IronZuuL

Just tested the new 62Mb patch, made to fix the stuttering according to an in game broadcast.

Appart from the objects still warping around, the gameplay was being a bit smoother I think. But alas! 20 minutes in it went to 0 fps during a fight. So I guess not all is well...
  8. Cerberus90

62 mb patch fixed the stutter!!!!! THANK YOU SOE!!! good work !

actually getting 5-10 fps higher now in large battles!! epic!!!
  9. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

It's great to hear the patch has helped! I'm going to un-sticky this post now.
    • Up x 1
  10. Skippytjc

I heard one player in game refer to it as a "Hole in the map". Its like one of he new elements or effects breaks our machines ability to process or render it.
  11. Zakuak

ooh man I can't wait to get home now!!
  12. BenYeeHua

It can be, physX 3?
  13. Baldrick

Still have stutter, but the massive FPS drops seem to be gone.
  14. Absolom

No fps issues for me, but my problem was originally the constant CTD crashes. They went away after the 62mb patch, but i just had another crash. It is running smoother, but what's the deal with the crashes?
  15. Wolvers

Why? Some people are saying it's helped but not fully fixed the stuttering.

You guys need to learn to slow down and be ultra thorough.
    • Up x 2
  16. BenYeeHua

Yup, and fixing some of it will getting other code that causing this also came out(record) more easy.;)
    • Up x 1
  17. XRIST0

I was experiencing massive amounts of stutter..

After this hotfix i played roughly an hour , and it was the smoothest experience i have ever had in planetside 2 .

Im impressed .
    • Up x 1
  18. KrampfDrohne

After the patch the fps were noticeable higher and stable, but after 5 minutes playing ,lags and low fps returned as before.
  19. Cerberus90

I agree. what ever they did in the 62 mb patch actually improved my game from before. I rather have them not fool around anymore with this since they already fixed what was the main issue with the GU02 patch, which was the stutter lag. But now that is gone, and I am having the smoothest planetside 2 experience.
    • Up x 1
  20. BenYeeHua

So it might be a lack problem.