O.o Seems that DBG improves that...

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ximi, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Ximi

The default shields of HA has been improved,they recharge at same speed as the resist shield. There are very good news for me,because before the update,the resist shields reload faster,now the default shields and resist shields,reload at same speed. Im partidary of the default shields because it mitigate damage instead of reduce,and that is much better. If i go for resist shields instead of the default ones,is caused the reload speed of the default ones is slower. Great DBG!!!

Also,do u recommend me to put nanoarmor for the default shields????
  2. Dirge

No, they didn't buff them. They now regen faster, but block like 40% less damage. Resist is now best, I think.
  3. SGTbarrens

I don't think so if it recharge faster. don't mean anything if the shield only block 2 shots now not 4.resisst shield is op now the other 2 are useless , would want a cert refund on them. A.S. can be useful if you use a shotgun at close rang and speed kill. people ***** to much about balance vs a HA when you are not to take one head on if you are not a HA. . as far as I can tell H.S. don't stop full headshot damage .I keep getting 4 shot killed by others with H.S. shields up ,most shots are non headshot and I put 6 round into them and I didn't break into the hp. so I don't understand this Nerf other than keeping paying costumers happy and paying.
  4. Khallixtus

I also like the balancing, as the NMG was a free win for one fight, but often recharged too slow to be useful for the next one. Now it is a smaller advantage for all the fights. It is better suited to more skilled, defensive players, as they only need the small advantage to win fights.

I still prefer Resist, as I play really aggressively, and just turn it on before jumping in and going rambo (aka suiciding) and it soaks more damage.

But that's the other point of the change. Now, Resist blocks more damage than NMG if its turned on at 100% HP and Shields, but if its too much less, NMG will. Before, it was practically even. Now they fit their niche better. Also, too many people were complaining about them starting to shoot at Heavies, using Mesh Gen on 1/4 HP, and winning. 99% of those whiners were terrible shots. But Forumside is their place where they congregate.

Anyway, I'm rather happy with the changes, as it makes the Shields fit their role a bit better, and makes NMG better for repeated fights, and is, in a way, a buff for more skilled players, as they didn't need such a big advantage to win a fight, and now they can keep on winning.
  5. Gundem

Perhaps for PS4 the RS is currently best(As on PS4 it's going to be quite difficult to have 100% engagement accuracy, thus reducing the effective HP of the normal shields due to engagement time), but on PC Adren+NW is still king. Still get 1850HP, and now adren shield recharges 25% more per kill. Most of the time I can make my overshield function as a makeshift shield capacitor, as often I can win a 1v1 with my shields empty but my overshield fulll, and the kill recharges my overshield to near full again. Plus, with RS, my movement speed is permanently reduced. But with an overshield, as soon as it runs out your movement speed increases to full, which makes you even harder to hit for the last part of an engagement.

But then again, I can also see Adren still being useful with the sheer quantity of mindless zombies on PS4. With a high capacity gun you could go on a hilariously massive monster killstreak since you'd pretty much get full HP every 2 seconds.
  6. Mianera

Shield now block 40% less damage but regen faster.

Use standard if new to the class or just below average player.

Use adrenalin shield if you play aggressive and get kills.

Use resist shield if you are psychic and know when to active it in time for 100% 1v1 win.
  7. Moz

Personally wouldn't touch NMG with the OP's, SUX now TBH!