Nyx vs Phantom

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Stromberg, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Stromberg

Was comparing the stats of Nyx and Phantom and I ask myself what is Phantom's role even supposed to be?
    Nyx seems better at everything across the board, even at velocity. Is Phantom's only pro to be able to 1HS+1BS or 3BS till about 90m? Nyx can do that only till 15m.
  2. Plunutsud pls

It's just another rifle for people to Auraxium and then brag about it.
  3. Nakar

Yes, that's what its role is. There's a pretty big difference between 15m and 90m.

It's basically a stick-and-move weapon that's less headshot-reliant than the Ghost, but the Nyx is better for actually firing on the go. Nyx probably synergizes better with Nano-Armor Cloak and the Phantom with Hunter, not that the Nyx isn't good with Hunter too.
  4. Rahk

The only thing I can see about the Phantom that would be better is that you still have pin point accuracy for shots over 150m-200m. The Nyx at that range will miss some of the time because it's ADS accuracy is not perfect. It is a very minor advantage, and for most situations, the Nyx is the obvious choice now.
  5. Sincore

The Phantom is a lower optic version of the Spectre (playstyle wise) , while the Nyx is meant to be used in the same distances as the Artemis (close-med range). This is due to the recoil pattern of the Nyx being unruly outside of 40-50m (unless you run compensator and forward grip).
  6. Ayre

I thought for a while that the Phantom was a straight upgrade from the Nyx since it was 3 BS compared to the Nyx's 4. I think I wasn't giving the Nyx enough credit, the recoil recovery on the Nyx is far more forgiving and allows 4 shots to hit more easily than 3 shots from the Phantom. Maybe I'm trying to use them in too similar of situations since the Phantom is blatantly superior at longer ranges (no bullet drop too)
  7. Booface

That's a pretty big pro, by the way, and the reason why I prefer the Phantom in most situations.

One thing you forgot to mention, though, is the Nyx has a drastically faster ADS time than the Phantom with anything but iron sights.
  8. Stromberg

well that would be included in the "Nyx seems better at everything across the board" part of my first post ;) but phantom was supposed to get the ADS speed fixed in the 27.2 patch (tr and nc counterparts have fast ads), but I've read it wasn't actually fixed.
  9. cruczi

No one mentioned yet that Nyx is practically silent when suppressed?
  10. PsyStorm

The Nyx is amazing and even while suppressed I was getting hea shots at 200 meters. I would recommend this gun to anyone because of the fast follow up for head shots. The Vandal is also nice if you are more into medium and close quarters. The only reason I use the Vandal is for the tracers and I use a suppressor on it with Laser sight. It suffers pretty bad bullet drop at any longer ranges with suppressor.