NWA+new NW- do they stack?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a4555in, Dec 20, 2013.

1. a4555in

If they do, then us squishies will be getting 55% resistance to small arms fire.:cool:
    Do they stack?
  2. Makora

If you mean does the NWA stack with resit shield of the heavy, then no. The game defaults to the highest value resistance. So when your resist shield is on, then it's only that shield.
  3. Ribero

I'm sorry man, but NWA disbanded in the early 90s.
    • Up x 7
  4. PsyStorm

No someone tested this already and the shields for infiltrators don't stack. Zazen replied to my thread about this already with his test results. I still use Nano because while uncloaked I get 20% less damage from small arms.
  5. Dark Pulse

Nanoweave no longer stacks with anything AFAIK. If there's something superior in use (like Resist Shield), Nanoweave's bonus is nullified and overruled, and the game will use only whatever gives the highest resistance.

This is why a lot of people are saying Flak is overall the best armor now, assuming you can max it, as max flak armor will give a 50% resist to direct and indirect explosive damage, while Resist Shield gives you 45% resist to all damage, so the flak armor would overrule its bonus against splash damage, meaning you only have to turn it on/off for bullets.
  6. a4555in

Ok got it.
    I meant infiltrator btw.
  7. janeTEXAS

No. Resist Shield does not stack with Nanoweave.

If you want to use Nanoweave go for NMG. Resist Shield is good if you want to use other abilities like Grenade Badoleer, Rocket ammo etc
  8. Dark Pulse

Yeah, I know. Still applies - whatever has the higher resistance percentage is what will actually be used, and anything lesser is simply nulled.

Nothing stacks/synergizes in that way anymore.
  9. PsyStorm

Ok I was feeling that they do stack and Wrel has made a video about it.
  10. a4555in

Yay new nanoweave resistance DOES stack with infiltrator's Nano Armour Cloaking :D
  11. PsyStorm

I did my own test today with Arquin using a 143 damage weapon. Without NanoWeave and Nano-Armor cloaking it was 7 shots. With NanoWeave rank 5 it was 9 shots. We then tested Nano Armor cloaking and it was 14 shots. When we combined then it was still 14 shots so they don't stack.