Nvidia Driver Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ProbablyAce, Feb 16, 2016.

1. ProbablyAce

Hey, new player here. I'm having a bit of an issue with my drivers, only on PS2. Basically, every 10-15 minutes or so my game will freeze for a few moments, then black screen, then after about 10 seconds it will resume as normal. After looking into it my driver for my Gtx 970 is crashing periodically. I updated the driver but they are still crashing. Has anyone had the same issue and or is there a fix I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Occasionally it causes the game to crash completely.
  2. Michalo

I'm running a gtx 650 and mine is doing the same. If you figure out a fix, can you let me know please!
  3. ProbablyAce

Just a quick update, setting your graphics to fullscreen windowed instead of fullscreen seems to cut down on the amount of times the drivers crash, but it is still pretty often. By all means no permanent fix.
  4. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

I had to update the bios in the last 970 I installed for what it's worth. I've also had crashing issues due to corrupted MSVC's (C++ 20XX redistributable X64/86's.... 2010 is the one needed for PS2, iirc. I'd check your drivers and MSVC's first. I guess you weren't crashing prior to the new gpu or I'd suggest a mem test.

A new nVidia driver set was released recently.... 361.91.
  5. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

Here's a screen shot of the MSVC updates that cured my crashing issues, btw. The KBXXXXXXX might help you locate the update. I enabled MS update to update "give me updates for other microsoft products when I update windows" and they updated. Then I turned it back off when it wanted to update bloat I didn't want.

[IMG]
  6. JobiWan

I have a GTX 650 too and I've been getting this for months. The screen freezes/goes black then comes back. Shadowplay gets disabled and my graphics are messed up even when I leave the game, videos have coloured blocks etc and I have to reboot.

I haven't found a solution yet.
  7. Sooda

I used to have an issue with this with my previous video card, was a GTX 750 iirc; often it would freeze, blackscreen, then totally crash the game; in the background it logged nvidia driver crashes as the reason. It used to crash worst when I was using low end settings for maximum FPS aswell. Forced me to play on High with ****tier fps For me the hardware was faulty, there was an issue with the power cable connector on the video card. Got a new card, everything runs buttersmooth. No blackscreens, no driver crashes, no nothing. Give it a go with a friend's video card on your system? :)