Nvidia Driver 334.89 Issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TRick Shot, Feb 19, 2014.

1. FrankHH

Beta drivers, things like these can happen.
  2. PastalavistaBB

Similar problem since yesterdays Nvidia driver update.
  3. jediLebedkin

334.89 is NOT Beta.
    • Up x 1
  4. jediLebedkin

Same here.

This is apparently a driver issue.
    What kind of API call can cause the whole card to experience temporal shutdown (or reset).
  5. PastalavistaBB

There, fixed it for you.
  6. Mr Cherry

I've been having the switch to black problem for the last couple of days on the beta drivers before 334.89, first time it happened I was worried my card (1 month old) had carked it, second time upon alt-tabbing as soon as it happened I managed to catch a notification bubble in the corner saying something along the lines of "Nvidia driver has crashed but has recovered", I don't know if that helps at all, I only just installed the 334.89 drivers hoping that would fix the issue after server comes back up but this thread doesn't fill me with confidence :(.
    • Up x 1
  7. HeavyYield

My general rule of drivers: Find one that works well for the current game(s) you play, and don't touch it for close to a year. Works great! :D
  8. Mr Cherry

I used to do this as well until Shadowplay came out, now I install every update hoping to get more features, namely for the audio tracks to be split in the video file between recording sources. I know this update didn't have anything like that but I can't help myself!
  9. Lavy

Yeah i have the same problem.
    Running an ASUS GTX780 direct uc ii oc
  10. IDC_

never change a running system ;)

but after one patch the game started crashing the drivers. on xp i have to rerboot every time because it does not reload the crashed drivers itself.

i installed the latest drivers yesterday, but only had a few hours to test it. (the older versions i tested all get crashed by the game)
  11. Theodulus

Also just started using 334.89 drivers with a GTX 560 and also started experiencing hangups as well as driver crashes. Hangups often result in or are the result of a driver crash, however one will sometimes happen without the other. Seems to happen most when accessing menu options, but hard to say since I've only used the driver for a few hours of gameplay.
  12. XiloTheOdd

its so weird on the latest drivers only 2 games give me issue, this one and Mechwarrior online (allegedly, hard to tell if its the game or nvidia at that point xP) its weird that it would be Nvidia's fault when the game devs should be up on this stuff.
  13. RIctavius

Will say guys - this freaked me, thought something was dying and panicking. But now my mind is at ease,

oh the black screen is really the card and drivers reboot due to the program error in this latest driver update. But here's the rub, where is the contact with the Nvidia staff about optimization with the company?

People would say SOE is at fault here when it comes to the situation, but if the programs in the Nvidia is going into error while interacting with planetside, I would guess it's Nvidia's issue since it's their programming at fault, not the other way round.
  14. AngryPlayer

I have the same exact problem, it's completely resetting my GTX670, the voltage is resetting to default settings. It's has been happening for this current driver and the previous beta driver they had.
  15. AltF4Fun

There is no way that Nvidia would keep track of all the current games and fix it for them.The game companys have to send them material to test it,with latest patches and stuff.You know the companys that think its Nvididas responsibility usually end up with horrible optimization and bad fps.
  16. Joshua1988

I've also been experiencing the momentary black screen on my Galaxy GT640 1Gb. I have reported this to NVidia customer support. They have responded to my report by email and I sent them requested information and also a link to this thread. Hopefully this helps.
  17. Crimson

I've got this as well. 660ti. Can we get an official comment from someone at SOE?
  18. Hibiki54

If you're having problems with the latest nVidia Driver, do a clean install.
  19. RIctavius

Yes I get that, but the planetside 2 boys have a direct line of communication to the Nvidia company, so if anything someone should be picking up a phone and having a chat about this.
  20. AltF4Fun

If the communication is really that great, the problem should be fixed in no time.We will see.Just hope they improve their comunication, so we dont have these kind of problems at all.