Nuuuuuu save the Terminus!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by libbmaster, May 13, 2014.

1. libbmaster

Look, I'm okay with the terminus having 3 round burst. I'm also fine with it having 143 damage per-shot. This makes it a "Vanu-fied" SABR, and that's cool.

But for the Terminus to work, it needs to have a tight Cone of fire while aiming down sights and very low recoil.

I don't know what you guys did to it when you switched it over to three round burst, but now not only is the recoil much more difficult to control but the CoF gets crazy bad under sustained fire, making it a worse equinox burst... a gun I'm not sure that anyone uses.

I don't think that the Terminus needs a total rework. I think it could be awesome and be unique with three round burst and 143 damage. But, because it's damage is less than it's main competitor, the SABR, I feel that it needs a CoF and recoil that is at least comparable to the SABR's, even taking into account it's lack of bullet drop.

I, and I think many Vanu players like me, would accept nerfs in exchange for this. Increase it's reload time, decrease it's projectile velocity, I don't care: just make this gun as cool as it should be!
  2. Nakar

It appears to no longer have the negative FSRM, so it's basically an Equinox Burst with better stats now. It's also significantly harder to control and more wasteful of ammo than when it was a 2x Burst. The faster reload is great and the burst is now manageable for mortal index fingers, but the Terminus gave up too much of its identity to get there and now it's just very mediocre.

I can't see anyone buying it, whereas TR are already lining up in droves to buy the TORQ because of how much fun it looks. I'm one of 'em, and I'm interested in the Tross (but I'll wait for a sale). As it is now, I don't know why I'd want to buy the Terminus. It's not effective and it's not cool.
    • Up x 4
  3. WalrusJones

To be fair, the initial release of the Torq was very underwhelming to me, where it was just objectively worse then the Cycler. Its handling has changed in some of the more recent patches, and I am warming up to it.
  4. TriumphantJelly

They should keep 2X burst and 143 damage, but they should either give it EXTREMELY low recoil
    EXTREMELY low CoF
    EXTREMELY low reload speed
    But not more than 1 of the above, or maybe 2. I don't know, probably a terrible idea.
    • Up x 1
  5. minhalexus

Just give the Terminus an automatic fire mode.

Will make it a fairly balanced gun.
    Rifles without automatic fire, feels very boring and ineffective.
  6. NDroid

Looks like this is exactly what's about to happen- Higby mentioned this in a reddit thread:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...houghts_after_playing_in_server_smash/chkvw5k

I'll be interested in testing it after the patch goes live to see how it plays.
  7. Jaybo H

I just don't understand why anyone would buy this over the Equinox Burst.
  8. Elkybam

lol Equinox is priced at 100 certs while the Terminus charges 10 times more (and most will have to pay with SC for convenience). The logic, people.
  9. Jaybo H

They feel fairly similar and stat differences are negligible, so help me understand maybe?