NUC Professional Gaming Outfit

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by zoidbergenstein, Mar 18, 2013.

1. zoidbergenstein

Hello to everyone else who is as excited about playing Planetside 2 in an e-sport setting as we are. I’m making this post because we were a little surprised by the announcement of 48v48 as the premier format for competition and we have found ourselves looking to increase our numbers quickly so that we can continue preparing for e-sports in Planetside 2.

To begin, I’ll give you a little background on our outfit. We consist primarily of professional FPS gamers. The term professional usually gets a little bit of a backlash from people who don’t understand exactly what we mean by that. We aren’t referring to being really good at a game and calling ourselves professional caliber, the majority of us have either made a living playing FPS games or made a good deal of money playing them. We have many of the top Battlefied players from North America in our outfit including players from Check Six, 20ID, Area 51, Massive Unit, and Icons of Vanity. Our players also come from other games and teams including teams like The Doctors, United 5, Blight, and Team XIL.

As I mentioned previously, the point of this post is to pick up a few more players. I firmly believe we currently have 30 players who would destroy any other group of 30 currently playing Planetside 2. Our competitive track records speaks for itself across the many games and world championships we have all played in. Unfortunately, 30 people in Planetside 2, is not a complete team so we are looking to the community to help fill our numbers.

We want the best Planetside 2 players out there who are excited about participating in a rigorous training schedule (training not pubbing) and preferably have a good deal of competitive experience. We don’t need ridiculously high KDRs because anyone in this game can farm KDR. We need players who can ground and pound, listen to squad leaders, and perform at a level far above the average player in Planetside 2. Beyond this, they must be able to do it under the pressure of a live match with events on the line.

If you have read this post and are as excited about the future of Planetside 2 as an e-sport as we are, this outfit might be the right fit for you. We are looking for both individuals and smaller groups that can come and play together in a squad. We play TR on Waterson so you would be expected to roll on our server to join the outfit and level up in a hurry. Our website is www.NUCGaming.com and you can apply on the forums there.

One final note, with 48 player teams synergy and compatibility is a huge issue. While most of us have played at a professional level, we don’t want egos and bad attitudes getting in the way of this team being a success so make sure you check those at the door.
    • Up x 4
  2. Badname3073

Is it mature?
  3. zoidbergenstein

We've been around for quite awhile and most of us are getting older (leadership is 25+) so maturity is something we care deeply about. As I mentioned in the original post, synergy and compatibility are incredibly important to the success of any team, much more so with a team of 48 players. That means that while we can get silly from time to time, overall the maturity level of our outfit is pretty high.
  4. vaxx

I want to know how a person that makes money from playing games lives. Seriously.
    • Up x 2
  5. SpANiSH

Pretty well:
  6. Dagonlives

I haven't seen you guys around before. Do you concern yourself with the day-to-day events of the server (IE landgrabs, outfit rivalry), or are you just prepping for MLG?
  7. Pwnyboy

Like a total boss.
  8. zoidbergenstein

We spend most of our time preparing, training, and practicing. We currently have the top 3 killers on Waterson for the month, and 2 of the top 4 battle ranks for TR on Waterson so our players are very active, but more often than not during peak hours we are working specifically on fine tuning our strategies for competition.

We do certainly participate in open world events though. Since that is the only way to practice, we usually head to Esamir which is a bit less of a cluster and work on our mechanics.
  9. Badname3073

So this super champion made mid-boggling $434K in 6 years? Well, I do not know much it is in South Korea, but in the US it is near the average salary of a young guy with some professional degree.
  10. Shanther

Most people don't make $70k a year...even fewer people make $400k a year.
    • Up x 1
  11. Vansoth

If you want to know how they live you can easily simulate it. Get a few of your friends to split the rent on a house with a pool. Cook a steak dinner and find a girl that is a solid 6 or 7 and tell her to pretend like she is interested in you. Done.
    • Up x 3
  12. Badname3073

Most "pro-gamers" don't either.
    Agree on that.
  13. Badname3073

When I saw those deranged weirdos living together in a house playing computer games over the clock, I was like "ARE YOU FOR REAL?!?!"
    • Up x 1
  14. Shanther

SC2, LoL, and DotA pros can do this.

Anyway, this thread is horribly off topic now.
  15. Badname3073

Prooflink please.
  16. Shanther

17. Badname3073

18. Shanther

How quaint, you derail a thread and discussion even more when proven wrong.

Carry on.
  19. Badname3073

Why, just as you have "proven" to me that most pro-gamers can make hundreds of thousands of dollars, I have "proven" to you that most people who are not pro-gamers can make billions of dollars :)
    • Up x 1
  20. Shanther

Doesn't change my point at all. I never questioned how much money people can make, so you didn't prove anything to me at all, since I wasn't questioning anything to begin with. But please carry on with derailing every thread you post in.

Once again though, thanks to you, another thread is horribly off topic.
    • Up x 2