[NUC] elusive1: Menace (Infiltrator/Medic Montage)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by elusive1, May 16, 2015.

1. elusive1

• Up x 2
  2. Jawarisin

The first clip was pretty good. That building-cleaning is one of the things I find the most awesome to do. You feel like you just laid on that whole room by yourself :)

Otherwise, at 4:17, that's my favorite moments. Those hops like that where you just seem to fly haha - hopefully you don't take fall damage. 18:48... wonky hit detection.

I'm still waiting to see you try at 1.5cm/360 sensitivity. That would be.... very very funny for me to see :3
  3. elusive1

I love doing that, because I did lol :D Yeah, that was pretty funny. I just bunny hop down every hill now, you don't take fall damage unless it's a crazy drop without a slope. That probably should of been a hs, I find head shots count as body shots sometimes. I imagine that has to do with whatever they changed with the hit boxes. That's way too high now lol I'm at 16+ cm. I feel like it will screw me up getting used to lower sensitivity. I keep switching around my sensitivities, lower not higher.
  4. Jawarisin

Aw, cmon I'm sure you can try to fit 1 clip like that ^^. I'll cheer you on if that makes a difference!

But yeah, it's the reason I don't use cqc snipers anymore. Hitboxes for HS seem so wonky, I can't seem to do anything reliably. I'll aim straight at the head and it won't touch them/bodyshot, but then a lower-torso shot becomes a headshot.... Kind of dumb and it ruined cqc sniping for me. Playing lottery isn't something I enjoy.
  5. Liewec123

for some reason i feel a little frustrated watching your vids XD
    probably just jealousy tbh! :p
    • Up x 1
  6. elusive1

Mayyyybe lol Like it's not that consistent, otherwise i'd stop too. It seems to be pretty random, or like only their head is showing, and somehow it's not a hs.
  7. elusive1

:D
  8. MarkAntony

Thanks for your vids elusive. I stupidly used to think that drag shooting was impossible in this game. You have taught me better and now I do it too. Gotta love reacting instinctively to an enemy right in front of you and just dropping the guy.
    Thanks elusive1.
    • Up x 1
  9. Stopper

Great and impressive video as always (using efficiently a x4 scope in the small bridge of the capture point of Naum Forward Barracks, that's crazy !).

It's nice to see you play now combat medic because, with your perfect aim and your very sharp awareness of your surroundings, you do nice combinations of shootings and movements ; I really like the part in West Highlands Checkpoint. In fact, you seem to play more carefully when you have an AR between your hands rather than when you have a BASR, where you seem to be more daring.

Since you play mostly on Hossin, which is also my favourite continent, may I ask you what are your five or ten prefered bases ? Also, which bases do you find to suit the most your style of fight ?
    • Up x 1
  10. elusive1

Thank you. 15:02 is something similar. Yeah, that was pretty hectic, had the no shield bug too. It really has a lot to do with not having cloak. I feel like I can go anywhere whenever I want with infil. I don't remember a lot of the names corresponding with specific bases. It's basically anything other than a bio lab fight. That goes for every continent really. If bio labs weren't usually meat grinders at the air pads I'd play there too. I like getting in knife range anyway, so all bases fit my play style
  11. Quinnocent

I find the skills you have to develop as an inf suit you for every class. It breeds a kind of situational awareness and knowledge of flanking patterns that you don't learn playing an assault class. It helps a lot even in CQB with full auto weapons, since initiative decides fights. That's especially true if you're playing classes like medic or engi, where you can't brute force your way through bullet trades, and you don't have the jetpack to give you inherent positional advantages.

It's also fun when you start being able to sneak through bases _without_ a cloak when you're playing other classes.

Though sometimes it rubs off a little too much.

I gravitate toward VS 167 weapons because I like being able to project long range firepower. No bullet drop, tiny CoF. I rarely do this, but sometimes in large battles, I flank positions as an engineer and just start headshotting people at 200+m with my Pulsar C (especially camped groups providing AV or AA suppression) and racking up the kills. Honestly, if you're fast enough, you can kill a lot of people with 4 headshots before they even realize what's happening, especially if they're focused on farming something else. You can also get crazy accuracy with things like the Mana AV turret and start consistently OHKO'ing moving targets at near render distance, in addition to knowing how to position yourself to not instantly be sniper bait. The Mana VA is practically my engineer sniper rifle now. :>

Also, your Dalton Flash antics are always great to watch. :>
    • Up x 1
  12. elusive1

Yeah, it definitely does help with other classes. I still am very aggressive though, not a lot of flanking. I've died trying to sneak around like I had cloak, takes a little more thought for sure. I like the higher rof guns because I prefer cqc. Though some of the ones that are close to mid range are my favorite. I haven't tried engineer much at all. I've seen montages of a guy basically sniping with an av turret. I think that was before the nerf to range though, it was really cool. Too bad they broke rumble seats, haven't been able to do a lot of turbo flash :( I want to have a decent amount of clips of that in every video now.
  13. Quinnocent

I play really methodically with infiltrator. I dragged around a newbie infiltrator the other day on my NC alt. He learned the magic of spending a long time alive while walking past tanks, around bases, over mountains, and just slowly grinding up kills. Oh, and the very best part is all the infantry who walk within ten meters of you and never see you. KPH is lower, but you keep up a respectable KDR, and you learn to get into insane positions that let you just farm the Jesus out of entrenched forces and suppress entire 20+ spawn clusters.

Though half of my time is spent playing Yologineer, so I definitely get my kicks with up-close-and-ouch fights. Engineer is so much fun in those situations because you have no crutch. No cloak, no shield, no jets, no regen. Just your gun and 1k health, and every fight you win, you won because of gunplay or nothing. Makes kills really satisfying. You can flank at short range, or you fight the random HA who thinks he has you and opens up _way_ too far from you with a short-medium range LMG because you're surely using a lolrange Carbine, only for you to win a long-range hit trade with a Pulsar C. And the suppressive headshots. Engineer as a primary combat class force you to get your fundamentals _down_.

Once your extreme range accuracy gets good enough, you can clear platforms in big base fights or entire AV/AA nests. 0.03 CoF + no bullet drop = snipegineer. I've had 10+ guys in an AV nest all pull their poorly-kitted meh MAX's by their sundy just because my 200 meter Pulsar C headshot pings were killing too many of them, and they had no idea where I was.

Mana AV is godly overpowered against infantry. I'm just waiting on the nerf. Seriously, try it. It's the best sniper rifle in the game, and if you come from the perspective of a sniper and learn to minimize your profile and silhouette using it (an absolute must), they almost never spot you until after you've done wrecking crew-level damage. I can _reliably_ hit sprinting targets at 200 meters, and the only reason my accuracy is so low (I forget what it is now, like 50-60%?) is because I fire at extreme range against aircraft too. Nothing quite as nice as blowing up a loaded Valkyrie or hovering ESF with your Mana AV. You find a good spot and start getting explosive streaks pretty easily.

The engineer just has _options_. Great carbines for CQB bullet-hosing or long-range hit trading. And Spitfire is a good thing to drop if you're in a tense base rush/defense. Mana AI underrated. And all of your utility options. Tank mines, C4, AI mines, health kits. And sticky grenades much grenade very good.

Enough /loverant, I guess.
    • Up x 1
  14. elusive1

I'm more of a run into certain death kind of guy lol Though yeah, you can really sneak into some crazy positions behind enemy lines to farm. It's even easier if you know how to climb mountains. I haven't farmed in years, but just climbing a mt as an infantry zerg is stopped a behind a hill or something. I might do an engineer video now. That paragraph was pretty convincing. I like the idea of "heroic mode" essentially, and that's how I enjoy this game. Never really tried the av turret for long, I like constant action. Super aggressive engineer sounds fun though.