NSX Yumi feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by CaptainButtes, Mar 18, 2017.

1. CaptainButtes

I main NC medic these days and have been eagerly awaiting the NSX gun for the medic, seeing as the Tanto was so good.

The mechanic as it is; well, it's going to be unusable in game. The fluff says "with shot consideration it outdamages other weapons in it's class" - I can't see how that's supposed to work.

With even longer of a pause than the Railjack, it's basically a Carnage / GR-22 except it takes about (I think) 2/3 of a second to start firing, and then the same again to refire, at the second lowest damage tier. Accounting for lag, the odd dropped frame leading to shots not registering, reaction times and other real world interference, that 2/3 of a second is always going to be enough for almost any other even slightly anti-infantry specced class to kill you 1v1, even if you have them perfectly lined up for a headshot in your sights.

Please rethink the mechanism. It might make sense if the gun was 167/200 damage, but right now it's a liability that I would literally never use, and I would rather equip any other assault rifle on any other faction.

Yes, even the Corvus.
    • Up x 3
  2. Liewec123

it does seem underwhelming,
    i think there is too much kick to go for a headshot OHK
    but if you go for body shots instead then it is simply too slow at killing
  3. Derek Icelord

The delay is what kills it. I have never seen a weapon in any game with a firing delay that was fun to use and worthwhile.
    • Up x 3
  4. Deffington

It's funny on VR, but in game my targets are usually moving. Together with inconsistent response of the game I can't see any way to hit the enemy. On close range any guy using A/D is going to be either hit by accident or not hit at all. Kick is quite high considering we can hardly compensate it during the burst.

I was looking forward to the weapon, but in it's current state it's hardly usable. Outperformed by basic Burst ARs not even mentioning SABR. Please rethink.
  5. Maxwel1

Not a big fan of the delay. For a min i tough it was a bug. It feels more suited for infiltrators in my opinion. I expect it to be unusable on moving targets which is 90% of encouters in my experience.
  6. Derek Icelord

Even without the delay, it seems rather lackluster. NSX weapons are supposed to bring something new and unique to the game. The Yumi is just a burst weapon, which every faction has already. The Naginata has its instant bloom reset. The Tanto starts with a CoF of 0. The Masamune is the only wire guided launcher. And the 2 knives are very different from the copy/paste options previously available.

But the Yumi is just a burst weapon.
  7. Shocky

its like all the NSX weapons are NC weapons, that being you need to go for head shots to get a kill otherwise your going to lose that fight. granted not all NC weapons are like this but the majority is, hell shot gun rocket launcher.
    • Up x 1
  8. therbear

I have been buying all the NSX weapons. Looks like I will be taking a pass on this one as is. Maybe it will get changed into something useful and fun, but not this.
    p.s. I am gravely disappointed with the amaterasu.
  9. Derek Icelord

Regarding the 3/31 change, upping the damage will not solve the core issue of the weapon. As I see it, the core issue is two-fold. Firstly, the delay before firing makes using the weapon difficult and frustrating. Secondly, there are already plenty of burst weapons in the game, and the Yumi doesn't really add anything new and interesting.
    • Up x 1
  10. BrbImAFK

I hate the whole delay mechanic. I've never played with the Railjack, so I don't know whether it works there, but it sure as hell doesn't work here. If this gun isn't changed, it's gonna be on my "never buy" list.
  11. CaptainButtes

Still unusable, even with upped damage. Please just give us a medic flavoured Tanto instead; I really want a new medic gun that's going to be at least marginally competitive in real world play.
  12. ProPrc

To be honest, the Yumi isnt a bad weapon. I find it in lines more with the Tomoe in that it's great for medium to long ranges. However, the Yumi is still a great weapon at close range even with the delay because it fires so fast. My only big problem with it, that could kind of be considered a bug, is that it tends to keep you scoped in even if your not holding down right mouse button. This ends up hindering movement speed and turning speed. This happens because after you press left mouse button, the entire delay fire process begins. If the gun could stop firing if you stop pressing the corresponding button that would be great. Over all the gun is good at taking out players who have lost some shield or health already. I also recommend using auxiliary shield and nano regen.