NSX Tanto now on PTS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by T.A.94, Jan 25, 2017.

1. T.A.94

So finally our 5th NSX weapon is available.
    Its the NSX Tanto Carbine
    Out of the PTS-Patch-Notes it seems to be working well in CQC needs propper aim at distance

So also the NSX Master Directive is now unlocked.

On the PTS-Patch-Notes there is only mentioned it is unlockable, but it isn`t mentioned what the directive reward is.
    Cause I have no access to PTS i whanted to ask if anyone could be so kind to write back what the ARX-Reward is.

Thanks guys and keep up the great fight!
  2. Mojo_man

So what is the strange mechanic introduced with it? Anything particularly cool?
  3. Demigan

NSX Tanto carbine
    The newest member of the Nanite Systems Export family of weapons is the NSX Tanto, a carbine with specialized stabilizers that allow for excellent initial accuracy from the hip. This functionality gives the Tanto the ability to fight up close or at range while maintaining a substantial mobility advantage for experienced shooters. Firing in short bursts is recommended, as the stabilizers require some time to recalibrate during sustained fire.

Seems like it'll have a massive COF increase if you don't burst-fire it, but a teeny tiny COF at the start of hipfiring.
    Maybe it's got a low first, second, third and fourth shot COF multiplier, and a very high COF multiplier on all subsequent bullets. I'm loading the PTS now.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mojo_man

Thx for that. I'm eager to see how it works out. I know several of my outfit members have been all too eager to see what the carbine in particular brings to the table.
  5. Demigan

loooong download, only the PTS is still unavailable. Have to wait until this evening before I have time (european time here).
  6. Liewec123

feels pretty OP at the moment, the benefits of ADSing while having the mobility of hip firing :p

also guys, the NS aurax award is....a samurai helmet. o_O
  7. T.A.94

K thx Liewec123
    we should have known XD
  8. DIGGSAN0

Wuuuut?!?

I wanted a NSX Pistol :,(
    • Up x 1
  9. T.A.94

I hoped there would be a dual pistol reward tbh

maybe there will a pistol next wave...
  10. The Shady Engineer

Some stats from in-game PTS:

NSX Tanto

Damage: 143 @ 10 meters, 112 @ 60 meters.
    Rate of fire: 600 RPM
    Velocity: 520 m/s
    Reload speed: 2.3 short, 2.75 long
    Magazine capacity: 30 rounds. Upgradable to 36 rounds with extended magazine attachment.
    Moderate kick that recoils straight up.
    Has access to both SPA and HVA.
    0.75x ADS speed.

Here's the unique part:

Both ADS and hipfire cones of fire for the Tanto are zero. Doesn't matter if you're standing still or strafing, starting CoF is non existent. However once you start shooting, the CoF blooms like crazy. Especially for hipfire.

0.06 ADS bloom.
    0.24 hipfire bloom.

It also seems to take longer for the Tanto to recover than other weapons. Meaning either bursts have to be shorter or you need to let off the trigger for longer after you burst.
  11. Demigan

For the hipfire that bloom is crazy, but the ADS bloom isnt very high considering a 0 starting cof. Its going to be a nasty accurate weapon when ads to be sure, but its hipfire is going to be limited to very very short bursts with pure headshots in mind.
  12. The Shady Engineer

Pretty much. Although the slower cof recovery is gonna be a pain to get used to at first. Might also make snap shooting multiple targets difficult.

Also another guy on PTS noticed that the extended mags attachment was bugged. The description says it should add 4 rounds to the mag but it adds 6. Not sure which is wrong. Heh, guess we'll see.
  13. entity009

Seems to me like this weapon is going to be murderous in the hands of the elite. Those guys who land full auto headshots already will now be hip-firing your head and killing in 4-5 hits every time.
  14. Ziggurat8

600rpm though... Seriously? You're gonna have to kill guys in the first volley with straight HS every time, the velocity will help a bit I suppose. Will have to use it too really get a feel but I've always liked 750+ on my carbines.
  15. Okaydan

Hmm, if Bloom and CoF are both expressed in degrees, I don't think it's that bad. Keep in mind that most guns have 2-3 hipfire accuracy from the start. If the Tanto's starting hipfire is 0, and it increases by 0.24 per shot, it takes 10 shots for it to reach normal hipfire accuracy after which it becomes wildly unstable. Also, 0.6 ADS Bloom is not that bad. 0.6 ADS Bloom on 600 RPM is the same as the EM6.

Quick math:
    EM6 hipfire = 3.5 + 0.12X Bloom
    EM6 ADS = 0.03 + 0.06X Bloom

Tanto hipfre = 0 + 0.24X Bloom
    Tanto ADS = 0 + 0.06X Bloom

Their hipfire accuracy become equal after 30 bullets (which is a full mag). So tanto will always be more accurate than the EM6 (but it's a damage tier lower).
  16. Demigan

From having used it, I could do no more than 4 shots per hipfire burst. My guess is that the first shot multiplier has a lot to with it, but I didnt pay attention to that when I checked the stats.
  17. Okaydan

I thought the FSRM was, like the abbreviation suggest, only applied to recoil. Could be that they added some hidden multipliers though. I haven't tested it, but 4 bullets @143 damage doesn't really seem worth it. Then you'd be better off using an SMG.
  18. Demigan

Its NSX and for the "lesser" classes, ofcourse its not going to be anywhere near as useful as the rest!
    From what I can see the Tanto is a much weaker ns-11c and the ns-11c is on the low spectrum of Carbine power when you look at its performance stats.
    Tanto has lower RPM, lower magazine size, slightly faster damage degradation, longer reload (short reload as fast as the 11C long road)...
    For hipfire, all you can do is go for headshots assuming you are within 20m distance or be horribly outmatched. Which leaves the only real option: use the Tanto for Mid to long-range ads shooting. Its incredibly superior ads accuracy make up for the other bad stuff... I hope.
  19. The Shady Engineer

I'm not that excited tbh. Yeah it's a nice gimmick and yes I'm definitely going to buy and Aurax the Tanto but whether or not I'll equip it afterwards... doubt it.

Most likely going to stick to the holy trinity of Jag/Lynx/AMC for close quarters / general purpose / long range use.